5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Add USB ports to backseat BigHorn

Kleebs22

Reaction score
Following also as I'd like to install the missing USB ports for the rear seat. I think you need #11 "BEZEL. Media Port." at https://www.moparpartsinc.com/a/Ram...WD/_55066_7543334/Floor-Console/i2381602.html to go with your media ports.

agburmeister, did you find that the needed wiring harness was inside the console or do you have to run your own power to the ports?
Wtaching this one intently as well. I also have the same issue. 19 big horn crew can. Just want the usb ports in the rear, dont need the plug. Is the above link the part for me? Hoping the wiring is all there.

Matt_T

Reaction score
Wtaching this one intently as well. I also have the same issue. 19 big horn crew can. Just want the usb ports in the rear, dont need the plug. Is the above link the part for me? Hoping the wiring is all there.
Looks like the usd port part is cheap enough but the bezeil to match is stupid expensive. Only thing I am not sure is if the wiring is in there. My guess is that its there. My Bighorn has empty plugs all over the place from the missing features I couldnt afford.

Kleebs22

Reaction score
Looks like the usd port part is cheap enough but the bezeil to match is stupid expensive. Only thing I am not sure is if the wiring is in there. My guess is that its there. My Bighorn has empty plugs all over the place from the missing features I couldnt afford.
Yikes! I was trying to find the matching bezel but theres so many parts. About how much is that part do ya know?

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Yikes! I was trying to find the matching bezel but theres so many parts. About how much is that part do ya know?
click on this link and go down to number 7....there are plenty of them as you would have to match it up to color scheme in your vehicle.

around $413 keep in everyone has the 15% discount from MOPAR which is good until end of year, so that will help reduce it some ($60-ish dollars less)

Can someone on here that has access to the instructions on removal post that in here please?

I have the level 2 which comes with them already, so I have no need to go inside there but hopefully one of you will do it and let the others know if the wiring is there?

Kleebs22

Reaction score
click on this link and go down to number 7....there are plenty of them as you would have to match it up to color scheme in your vehicle.

around $413 keep in everyone has the 15% discount from MOPAR which is good until end of year, so that will help reduce it some ($60-ish dollars less)

Can someone on here that has access to the instructions on removal post that in here please?

I have the level 2 which comes with them already, so I have no need to go inside there but hopefully one of you will do it and let the others know if the wiring is there?
I removed the middle piece and can confirm the wiring is in there. If there was just a way to order the middle piece in between the AC vents that has the opening for the usb ports, we would be in business. Sounds like you might have to order the entire bezel though, but I cant tell. I searched the part on my truck from the pic below and cant find it. Looking at the parts online theres so many of them I cant tell if its possible to order just that piece, along with the usb switch. May stop at the local dealer and see if they can help at all. If anyone else can see where you can order just the middle trim piece please let me know!

Attachments

• 20190613_170520.jpg
    20190613_170520.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 549
  • 20190613_192909.jpg
    20190613_192909.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 548

FM45

Reaction score
@K22---how do you remove it... I don't want to break anything...

Matt_T

Reaction score
@K22---how do you remove it... I don't want to break anything...
What he said. I have yet to see anywhere the console breakdown and was concered with breaking it.

TurdFerguson

Reaction score
I removed the middle piece and can confirm the wiring is in there. If there was just a way to order the middle piece in between the AC vents that has the opening for the usb ports, we would be in business. Sounds like you might have to order the entire bezel though, but I cant tell. I searched the part on my truck from the pic below and cant find it. Looking at the parts online theres so many of them I cant tell if its possible to order just that piece, along with the usb switch. May stop at the local dealer and see if they can help at all. If anyone else can see where you can order just the middle trim piece please let me know!

Got any pics of the inside with the console off?

2019Rebel0747

Reaction score

Following, just picked up 2019 Rebel and need those outlets...

Kleebs22

Reaction score
Alright I went back in, took a few more pics for everyone. I got to the point where I didnt want to pull any harder for fear of breaking the piece but you can see the wires below. I took a few shots of the trim piece pulled out but also where its still attached to the middle of the console. I cant tell if it will take a good pull from there or if Ill break something. Also, the middle piece inside the middle piece appears to screw in from the back. If you could just buy the small little housing unit you could just pull the piece out a little, unscrew the one in there and put the new one in, hook up the wires and I think it would be good to go. Wish I knew if you could only purchase the parts necessary without the entire bezel...??

Attachments

• 20190614_204039.jpg
    20190614_204039.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 626
  • 20190614_204115.jpg
    20190614_204115.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 612
  • 20190614_204152.jpg
    20190614_204152.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 611
  • 20190614_204242.jpg
    20190614_204242.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 606
  • 20190614_204319.jpg
    20190614_204319.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 606

Kleebs22

Reaction score
Alright I went back in, took a few more pics for everyone. I got to the point where I didnt want to pull any harder for fear of breaking the piece but you can see the wires below. I took a few shots of the trim piece pulled out but also where its still attached to the middle of the console. I cant tell if it will take a good pull from there or if Ill break something. Also, the middle piece inside the middle piece appears to screw in from the back. If you could just buy the small little housing unit you could just pull the piece out a little, unscrew the one in there and put the new one in, hook up the wires and I think it would be good to go. Wish I knew if you could only purchase the parts necessary without the entire bezel...??
Sorry...to pull off...start at the top left and right by the ac vents, just try to pry your fingers under it and it should pull back, then you can work your way down. The bottom pulls out pretty easy too but the middle im afraid to pull any harder. Hope that helps.

TurdFerguson

Reaction score
You can actually pry this piece up with a DTRT. Once it is up there are screws under it that will let you further disassemble the console. Might give you better access. I have pulled that piece but never gone any deeper.

FM45

Reaction score
DTRT--- Door Trim Removal Tool... Thanks to all for the info... going to dig into mine this week..

TurdFerguson

Reaction score
I'm more curious about what is actually available inside the console. 12 volt? plugs for media? I doubt there is a 110 without an inverter.

FM45

Reaction score
Good news--Bad news.... the good I got into mine without breaking anything .... the bad ---- the wire harness is NOT present for the rear media hub and 110v outlet... at least on mine, manufactured of 4/19. Next I need to get a hold of the rear wiring schematic to make my own harness. Anybody got that wiring diagram and want share, I am determined to make this work....

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am determined to make this work....

best of luck to you!

One suggestion from my isolated point of view; i have the 110v outlet in my ram + usb outlets and if I was in your position, I would run 12v beneath the bench seat and affix a proper invertor and pair of 12v power plugs beneath the seat for a few reasons;

* when the seat is flipped up and i'm using the floor for boxes, I cant plug anything into the 110v plug because it juts out and the weight of items can clip/damange anything plugged into usb/110v
* with anything plugged in, i can't hide it and leave it plugged in -there's always a wire running from the console to the cupholders or under the seat
* trip hazard - again, anything plugged in is crossing the load floor which is just asking to be tripped on

my .02; I'd opt for a nice project box or utility panel under the rear seat bench

Users who are viewing this thread