5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Add USB ports to backseat BigHorn

agburmeister

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can add the USB module to the backseat of a Bighorn? I have an empty little cubby hole in the backseat where the module sits on the more upgraded trucks. Just wondering If you can buy the module and add it. I imagine the all use the same wiring harness so possibly just a plug and play piece?

VenomBee

Reaction score
I wonder the same thing....I hope someone can chime in

smiles5619

Reaction score
Same here. Would really like to see if it can be added. My kids would definitely benefit

zman9119

Reaction score
+1 here. Not like I will have anyone in the back but it is always good to have them.

agburmeister

Reaction score
So I couldn't get an answer from two different dealerships and no feedback from the forum if anyone has done it or not done it. I ordered the part today (Plug-Media Hub -Mopar (68330429AD)) and I will see how it works when it comes in. Dealerships wanted $169 plus tax and takes 5 days, ordering from moparonlineparts.com for $117.86 plus shipping.

Matt_T

Reaction score
Watching.
I was wondering the same thing but since i couldnt figure out how to safely get inside the center console to investigate I am couldn't see what wires are in there.

agburmeister

Reaction score
OK, so I tried to install the usb ports this last weekend. The part itself is pretty small and apparently you have to get a whole trim piece to fill in the gaps around the original cubby hole. I am working on finding the part number and piece which fits so this may take a few more days I did take pictures of the USB piece and trying to initially install so those will becoming. Also, taking the trim apart on the back of the center console to install is is quite tricky.

agburmeister

Reaction score
That is a great parts page. It is on the right page, but I need the one for the Laramie as it has the setup for the multiport usb.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
That is a great parts page. It is on the right page, but I need the one for the Laramie as it has the setup for the multiport usb.
Trying to find it. I have Bighorn with Level 2 package and it has them in the back. Is this what you are looking for or a different one?

edit---think it is called bezel console...finding standard one but not the one with the additional items in it...ugh.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Found it!!!!
#7 end cap

Will delete other pics to not confuse situation.

You will have to select the #7 that fits your color scheme for your vehicle as they are different per model/color.

As you scroll down to the #7's, you will see some of them with a pic next to them; click on that to see if that is the part you are talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread