5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Add 1” to Mopar 2” Lift

osage91

Reaction score
I’m also wondering about the longevity with the Mopar lift and orp springs. I’m about to pull the trigger on ordering everything I just want to hear some long term first hand experience before.

cory1223oh

Reaction score
My goal was to have a leveled truck. So I only added them to the front.
Have you noticed any difference in ride quality with the ORP springs only in the front? Haven't been able to find an answer about if they have stiffer spring rates or not.

Alex5737

Reaction score
I’m also wondering about the longevity with the Mopar lift and orp springs. I’m about to pull the trigger on ordering everything I just want to hear some long term first hand experience before.
Did u do it? I'm currently waiting on the spacer to come in and now I'm wondering if I should add the springs or not.

Alex5737

Reaction score
...Assuming I measured this correctly, I also did it on the fly so I'm sure its close but may be off slightly:
- Front center hub to fender: 24"
- Rear center hub to fender: 25 1/2"

Honestly it is this perfect amount of rake as it sits almost level with hauling my boat and the right amount of nose down when not towing. I'm partial to a slight rake though.

View attachment 23106
So is this the 2" lift kit with or without orp springs?

spinxt

Reaction score
My Mopar lift basically leveled the truck as well. It’s off by about 3/4”, but you can barely tell without measuring it. If you don’t have both spacers on the front, order the kit someone reference above. If you’re still not happy, put a third spacer on.

osage91

Reaction score
Did u do it? I'm currently waiting on the spacer to come in and now I'm wondering if I should add the springs or not.
I did install the updated Mopar lift with the orp front springs on my truck. I am very happy with how it turned out. It sits completely level and still rides very smooth. I can’t comment on the longevity of this set up as I just got it installed about a week ago now. I have also not been off road with it yet so I can’t comment on that either.

Alex5737

Reaction score
Thanks do you have the part number for the springs?
I did install the updated Mopar lift with the orp front springs on my truck. I am very happy with how it turned out. It sits completely level and still rides very smooth. I can’t comment on the longevity of this set up as I just got it installed about a week ago now. I have also not been off road with it yet so I can’t comment on that either.
Can I bother u with the part# of the front springs. Also are u gonna post a poc?

osage91

Reaction score
68320249AB is the part number for the ORP front springs. They go for around $100/pair on eBay.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
...Assuming I measured this correctly, I also did it on the fly so I'm sure its close but may be off slightly:
- Front center hub to fender: 24"
- Rear center hub to fender: 25 1/2"

Honestly it is this perfect amount of rake as it sits almost level with hauling my boat and the right amount of nose down when not towing. I'm partial to a slight rake though.

View attachment 23106
Truck really looks good. How is the ride with the lift and 22’s? Did you use any wheel spacers?

Ram1992

Reaction score
Im curious to know if the AA version of the mopar strut combined with a 2" top hat spacer will ride rough? Any thoughts?

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Im curious to know if the AA version of the mopar strut combined with a 2" top hat spacer will ride rough? Any thoughts?

i would just not trust it with the control arm. That’s a lot for a stock control arm.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is that with a single spacers or the updated strut assembly?

That is with two spacers, which i think is considered updated. The kit came with one black spring seat installed and an additional stackable spring seat for additional height. I just went out and measured my truck and it is 23.5 from the front center cap to fender, and 25.5 to the rear. I too am thinking about adding the ORP springs, or possibly an additional 3rd spacer.

All the second spacers do are adding preload to the spring causing the truck to sit higher. The Mopar lift is a preload style lift, nothing else (just with a much, much better shock specifically designed to handle the rebound rate of the additional preload). The mopar shock itself is within 1/4" length of the stock shock, just the spring seat sits higher on the body, and by adding the second ring, you're compressing that spring. Think of it similarly as to how a preload coilover on a car suspension would work. you lower the spring perch, the car lowers, raise the spring perch, the car raises. No different theoretically.

Ram1992

Reaction score
That is with two spacers, which i think is considered updated. The kit came with one black spring seat installed and an additional stackable spring seat for additional height. I just went out and measured my truck and it is 23.5 from the front center cap to fender, and 25.5 to the rear. I too am thinking about adding the ORP springs, or possibly an additional 3rd spacer.

All the second spacers do are adding preload to the spring causing the truck to sit higher. The Mopar lift is a preload style lift, nothing else (just with a much, much better shock specifically designed to handle the rebound rate of the additional preload). The mopar shock itself is within 1/4" length of the stock shock, just the spring seat sits higher on the body, and by adding the second ring, you're compressing that spring. Think of it similarly as to how a preload coilover on a car suspension would work. you lower the spring perch, the car lowers, raise the spring perch, the car raises. No different theoretically.
I appreciate the information. This has helped me a ton. Looks like I’ll install the 2” top spacer with one preload spacer to the mopar fox strut to achieve 3.1” lift and 2 in the rear. I hope I don’t have a rough ride.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I appreciate the information. This has helped me a ton. Looks like I’ll install the 2” top spacer with one preload spacer to the mopar fox strut to achieve 3.1” lift and 2 in the rear. I hope I don’t have a rough ride.

You may have control arm issues. I would definitely do the ORP springs before a 2" block on top

Users who are viewing this thread