5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Add 1” to Mopar 2” Lift

skol

Reaction score
Looks great! Much better than the original kit. I don't ever tow so I prefer the truly leveled look. You did not add the offroad package springs correct? Somebody was doing that and I couldn't remember who. It looks like coupling the updated Mopar kit with the offroad package would leave it almost perfectly leveled with ~1/2" of rake, which is unnoticeable and allows for a little added weight in the bed at times. This would essentially give you the 3.5" that the Readylift kit does but strictly with new struts/springs instead of spacers (except for the rear) giving a much better ride.

That’s exactly what I did. Picture posted above. Mopar 2” Lift with the updates Mopar spacer and ORP springs. As for ride quality, it seems the same as before. I think the tires stiffened it up a bit, bit not to the point where it’s noticeable

skol

Reaction score
How much are the springs?

They vary from different Mopar shops around the country. I just googled the part number and different sites came up. I got mine for $46 each. I’ve seen them all the way up to $61 a piece

Lawfin

Reaction score
They vary from different Mopar shops around the country. I just googled the part number and different sites came up. I got mine for $46 each. I’ve seen them all the way up to $61 a piece

I paid $64 at my dealership. They are less online, but with shipping, it’s close enough to a wash. I also would rather support my local dealership which has been really helpful on this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsuarez21

Reaction score
...Assuming I measured this correctly, I also did it on the fly so I'm sure its close but may be off slightly:
- Front center hub to fender: 24"
- Rear center hub to fender: 25 1/2"

Honestly it is this perfect amount of rake as it sits almost level with hauling my boat and the right amount of nose down when not towing. I'm partial to a slight rake though.

View attachment 23106

dsuarez21

Reaction score
...Assuming I measured this correctly, I also did it on the fly so I'm sure its close but may be off slightly:
- Front center hub to fender: 24"
- Rear center hub to fender: 25 1/2"

Honestly it is this perfect amount of rake as it sits almost level with hauling my boat and the right amount of nose down when not towing. I'm partial to a slight rake though.

View attachment 23106
This is my Laramie Longhorn with 35x12.5 22’s on 1.5 leveling kit. I just ordered the 2inch lift from Mopar hope it improves

Attachments

• 6B267F8A-979F-43BE-AB70-329D6672C8C3.jpeg
    6B267F8A-979F-43BE-AB70-329D6672C8C3.jpeg
    251.6 KB · Views: 246
  • 3009E844-D415-4AA3-8586-59F0EB4CAEEF.jpeg
    3009E844-D415-4AA3-8586-59F0EB4CAEEF.jpeg
    178.5 KB · Views: 255

jwiley386

Reaction score
This is my Laramie Longhorn with 35x12.5 22’s on 1.5 leveling kit. I just ordered the 2inch lift from Mopar hope it improves

You won't be disappointed. Are you adding it to the leveling kit or removing leveling kit then installing MOPAR? I suggest running only the Mopar but it will leave you with a 1-1.5" rake.
(Also, be sure you ordered the Updated Mopar 2" kit that just released in May - which offers the additional 1" spacer in the front - some dealers are still trying to push old inventory and not telling customer's about the updated kit or are unaware themselves - part # 77072424AB rather than the older model 77072424)

dsuarez21

Reaction score
You won't be disappointed. Are you adding it to the leveling kit or removing leveling kit then installing MOPAR? I suggest running only the Mopar but it will leave you with a 1-1.5" rake.
(Also, be sure you ordered the Updated Mopar 2" kit that just released in May - which offers the additional 1" spacer in the front - some dealers are still trying to push old inventory and not telling customer's about the updated kit or are unaware themselves - part # 77072424AB rather than the older model 77072424)
Thank you very much! Just contacted the seller to see about if its the updated or the old part number. Its in backorder so I am hoping its the new part number.

dsuarez21

Reaction score
I also ordered from wulf a .5 leveling kit spacer you think that is enough to level it?

dsuarez21

Reaction score
I just contacted the seller and they dont know. They wanted to cancel the order but I chose not to as being in Puerto Rico i cant find anyone to ship to PR. If I should get the outdated version what should I do to compensate? Thanks

dredge38

Reaction score
So I am assuming mopar will be a better ride with the Fox shocks over the readylift kit?

skol

Reaction score
I just contacted the seller and they dont know. They wanted to cancel the order but I chose not to as being in Puerto Rico i cant find anyone to ship to PR. If I should get the outdated version what should I do to compensate? Thanks

If it’s the outdated one, you will need to updated spacer (PN 68465604AA). I will say the spacer is just over 1/2”. Which still left me with 1 1/4” rake. I added ORP springs which is about a 1” longer than the NON-ORP. That gave me a close to level setup.
79fc3acbb2c382ab9c3016b64b797dcc.jpg

skol

Reaction score
So I am assuming mopar will be a better ride with the Fox shocks over the readylift kit?

I’m not sure how the ready lift rides compared to the Mopars. I have heard other say readylift was pretty nice. I will say the Mopar for me has been quite pleasant as well.

jwiley386

Reaction score

Fox Shocks is hands down a Tier 1 lift company, if not one of the best on the market.. And the fact they did this kit directly with MOPAR, from my experience being that I have one installed. I can say with 100% certainty that it would perform as good or better than a ReadyLift with the added bonus of having it under your factory warranty as well..

Just my .02 cents (y)

Last edited:

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It will definitely ride better than the Readylift. Any time you are using a preload spacer it is going to stiffen the ride up and the Readylift usesa 2" preload spacer. Some may say they won't notice. Alot of it depends on the person, but it does stiffen it up.

dsuarez21

Reaction score
If it’s the outdated one, you will need to updated spacer (PN 68465604AA). I will say the spacer is just over 1/2”. Which still left me with 1 1/4” rake. I added ORP springs which is about a 1” longer than the NON-ORP. That gave me a close to level setup.
79fc3acbb2c382ab9c3016b64b797dcc.jpg
Thanks do you have the part number for the springs?

Rich51

Reaction score
Those who have the Mopar 2" lift and added the ORP springs did you add them just to the front or to front and rear? I have the Mopar 2" lift already installed but thinking of adding the springs as well. Would you do both or just keep the Mopar 2" lift?

skol

Reaction score
Those who have the Mopar 2" lift and added the ORP springs did you add them just to the front or to front and rear? I have the Mopar 2" lift already installed but thinking of adding the springs as well. Would you do both or just keep the Mopar 2" lift?

My goal was to have a leveled truck. So I only added them to the front.

dvdprl

Reaction score
Has anyone else gone the route of Mopar 2” + ORP springs? How’s everyones trucking holding up?

Users who are viewing this thread