5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Active Park Assist - Cast Your Vote!

What is your experience with the Park Assist feature on your Ram 1500?

• Use it & love it!

• I would love to use it, but am scared.

• Never used it & have no interest in doing so

• Do I have it?

Results are only viewable after voting.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Active Park Assist is a feature available on select Ram 1500s that helps with parallel and perpendicular parking. (As shown here) We would love to know your thoughts on this feature!

Last edited:

Baron74

Reaction score
Park Assist is a feature available on select Ram 1500s that helps with parallel and perpendicular parking. (As shown here) We would love to know your thoughts on this feature!

I used it once for perpendicular parking and it worked fine. Did a 3 point turn but that might have been my fault for being so close to the spot. Got me within the lines though.

Xhumeka

Reaction score
I voted as best I could, but I wish there was this vote option:

Love it because WIFE uses it ;)

Konrad

Reaction score
how about getting rid of the "feature" that applies my parking break when i open the door. freaking ridiculous

They were kind of forced to introduce this "feature" because dumb people kept getting crushed after they got out leaving the car in D.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There’s no option for “Use it on occasion to demonstrate feature to non-Ram owners.”

cra1g

Reaction score
Tried it once and failed, because I didn't trust it enough to let go of the steering wheel. With the 360-degree cameras, I can park in spots I never would have believed possible anyway, so I don't have much use for the park assist.

HemiRam

Reaction score
Never worked from the day I brought it home ,had it at the dealer half a dozen times I was there end of September and they still can't fix it. I CAN'T BACK INTO MY OWN DRIVEWAY. OF I WOULD HAVE TEST DROVE THIS TO MY HOUSE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A DEALBREAKER AS I USE IT FOR MY DISABILITY.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Kidder

Reaction score
Never worked from the day I brought it home ,had it at the dealer half a dozen times I was there end of September and they still can't fix it. I CAN'T BACK INTO MY OWN DRIVEWAY. OF I WOULD HAVE TEST DROVE THIS TO MY HOUSE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A DEALBREAKER AS I USE IT FOR MY DISABILITY.

I don't think it would ever work in your driveway. It would need lines to know how to line things up.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t see the option for “I mainly use it to show off a cool feature to my friends”.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
how about getting rid of the "feature" that applies my parking break when i open the door. freaking ridiculous

Yes. This is the most maddening "feature" that an OE has ever put on a truck in history. I makes me want to set the truck on fire. Jeeps use it also.

Thats an option you can disable, is it not?

Absolutely not. They buried it so deep in the code that even tuners can't turn it off. I defeat mine by using a seat belt extender.

They were kind of forced to introduce this "feature" because dumb people kept getting crushed after they got out leaving the car in D.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A couple of people, as in two, got run over by Jeeps because the shifter used in those Jeeps was HORRENDOUS. That should not have caused every person who buys a FCA brand vehicle to have to suffer through a terrible safety feature that won't even let you back up to a trailer or pull the truck into the garage without the door fully closed and belt on. It's ridiculous.

Last edited:

zj4x4

Reaction score
I've used it 1-2 times. I would use it more if it was faster to recognize there was a spot available but I lose patience and just start parking on my own by the time it has figured out what to do.

HemiRam

Reaction score
I don't think it would ever work in your driveway. It would need lines to know how to line things up.
The video attached shows the autobrake feature not the autopark feature on the 2020 limited and such. The video @RamCares only shows the parking sensors and how the tone will sound and that the autobrake "may" (lol it definitely will in my truck) engage and stop the vehicle. So it should work since parallel is = and perpendicular is T like my driveway. Also since I have the same feature that the video described in my 2019 Cherokee and never engaged backing into my driveway. Now maybe they meant the self park luxury sedan feature but thats not what the attached video showed. Just like the apps that the truck was supposed to have there just controls, I was told it had built in wifi for the apps that would be coming and traffic updates. (Big Raspberry).

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We have the feature on our Limited but neither of us has used it. Just seems ridiculous to us. I agree with the comment that the 360 degree camera view makes auto-park pretty much obsolete. If you can't trust your eyes you shouldn't be driving.

Rick J

Reaction score
Yes. This is the most maddening "feature" than an OE has ever put on a truck in history. I makes me want to set the truck on fire. Jeeps use it also.

Absolutely not. They buried it so deep in the code that even tuners can't turn it off. I defeat mine by using a seat belt extender.

A couple of people, as in two, got run over by Jeeps because the shifter used in those Jeeps was HORRENDOUS. That should not have caused every person who buys a FCA brand vehicle to have to suffer through a terrible safety feature that won't even let you back up to a trailer or pull the truck into the garage without the door fully closed and belt on. It's ridiculous.
You can engage the park brake in two ways:
• Manually, by applying the park brake switch.
• Automatically, by enabling the Auto Park Brake feature in
the customer programmable features section of the Uconnect
settings.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You can engage the park brake in two ways:
• Manually, by applying the park brake switch.
• Automatically, by enabling the Auto Park Brake feature in
the customer programmable features section of the Uconnect
settings.
There appears to be some confusion here. WXman is talking about the "feature" which automatically shifts your trans into Park under certain conditions. You're talking about the feature which automatically engages the parking brake under certain conditions. This thread is about the feature which parks your truck for you, under certain conditions.

Users who are viewing this thread