5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Active air dam / grill shutters disabling?

VictorLin0725

Reaction score
Anyone know if you can turn the active air dam and grill shutters off in the UConnect system? There are a lot of chunky rocks where i live and don't want to risk damaging the air dam even if it does go up when it hits something. Also it would be nice to be able to close the grill shutters when driving through dusty areas. Can these be modified or are they 100% automated?

Cheers

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Both of those are controlled by the computer, the air dam is a stiff rubber feeling material I doubt anything would be able to put a hole through it. And the grill shutters are closed more than you would think, but there isn't a way to control them manually.

VictorLin0725

Reaction score
Both of those are controlled by the computer, the air dam is a stiff rubber feeling material I doubt anything would be able to put a hole through it. And the grill shutters are closed more than you would think, but there isn't a way to control them manually.
Gotcha, thanks for the input.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The air dam is usually up, I read somewhere that it doesn't deploy until you reach 35mph.

Users who are viewing this thread