5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/T that can also handle snow???

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh I'll still keep my current tires for next summer. I do the off roading and the snowy Mt. Charleston visit in the Fall/winter. So I'll probably buy some extra rims for the new tires. No tires wasted on my end lol
That has pretty much been my philosophy. I've had my truck for about 2 years and I'm around 21,000 miles on the stock tires. I just keep putting it off to get the most out of the ones I already paid for.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Falken Wildpeak AT3W or Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S. Both have the Mountain symbol for severe weather
I keep looking at those 2 plus the Nexens Roadian AT...whatever they call it lol. Between the 3 I'll just go with what's cheaper unless it's only like a $5 difference...then I'd might pick the Wildpeaks.

Crockett

Reaction score
Another Falken Wildpeak fan here. I currently run them on my Jeep, I had them on our Subaru (which I traded in on my truck), and I plan to replace the stock tires on the Ram with Falken as soon as the stockers wear out.

RamGuy32

Reaction score
Cooper AT34S...Loved them on my old tacoma. Great wet traction which is hard to get on an AT tire and in the snow it was like the truck was driving on wet pavement and not snow. Once my stock tires wear out on my 19 Ram, I'm getting the coopers.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
there Is another thread (or more) about the wildpeaks. Am not commenting on how good or bad they are (I have them on my truck). What the problem is stock and after market. If you got the ones RAM supplies on new trucks, they are not winter rated, aftermarket tires are. I am very happy with mine, but I have not had the opportunity to play in the snow with them. Or much off-roading either. When the stock tires wear out, I think i will stick with the wildpeak, assuming the TRX doesn’t come first :ROFLMAO:

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
I was looking at the Scorpion tires too actually, they're a little pricey but seem decent. Have you checked into the Falken Rubitrek tires? Supposedly they're similar to the Wildpeaks but offer a smoother on-road ride...
Hey guys, just jumping in on this. I too am a 100% Falken Wildpeak AT3W guy. I have loved them in all conditions on my last two trucks and will be getting a set before the first good snow this winter. Not sure about the Pirelli AT plus, but I had the Pirelli Scorpion ATR on my F-150 when I bought it used and they were garbage for anything but dry conditions. Switched to the Wildpeak AT3W and I struggled to slide a tire in wet conditions. Didn't get to test them in snow yet, but hopefully this year I will.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
.Two things:
1) Does anyone know how the Falken Wildpeak A/T compares to the A/T 3?
2) Although I've never used them, and I don't know if they have a good A/T for snow performance, but I do know a lot of people like Toyo tires for their overall quality & smoothness. I've heard time and again how consistently round the Toyos are, that they require almost no wheel weights to balance. I'm not advocating Toyos over anything else, just putting that out there because I've heard it so many times, I suspect there might be some truth to it.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
there Is another thread (or more) about the wildpeaks. Am not commenting on how good or bad they are (I have them on my truck). What the problem is stock and after market. If you got the ones RAM supplies on new trucks, they are not winter rated, aftermarket tires are. I am very happy with mine, but I have not had the opportunity to play in the snow with them. Or much off-roading either. When the stock tires wear out, I think i will stick with the wildpeak, assuming the TRX doesn’t come first :ROFLMAO:
I'd bet the TRX will come with the Wrangler AT tires...or maybe BFG's...they won't like the stock street tires I'm sure.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
.Two things:
2) Although I've never used them, and I don't know if they have a good A/T for snow performance, but I do know a lot of people like Toyo tires for their overall quality & smoothness. I've heard time and again how consistently round the Toyos are, that they require almost no wheel weights to balance. I'm not advocating Toyos over anything else, just putting that out there because I've heard it so many times, I suspect there might be some truth to it.
So I just checked out Toyos website and the open County AT3 looks nice. But then I check discount tires...1. they're slightly over priced. 2. They get terrible ratings. Think I'll pass on the Toyos.

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
I'd bet the TRX will come with the Wrangler AT tires...or maybe BFG's...they won't like the stock street tires I'm sure.
.Two things:
After just doing a quick Google search, the AT3W are for wear, winter, and wet rating. They are specifically tested for those factors and certified for those performance standards. As previously mentioned in an earlier post, the Wildpeak AT tires that come on some Rams are not winter rated. Also the AT3W has bigger sipes on the sidewall to provide more protection during off road driving, and rubbing a curb for that matter. I can personally attest they saved my F-150 rims a couple times getting through some tight drive though restaurant lines. Hope that helps...

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
I’m surprised no one has mentioned the BFG A/T KO2. They are legitimate snow rated with the snowflake symbol on the tire. I drive in snow/winter conditions for 4-5 months a year here in WA state, and they have never let me down. Also do a bit of off-roading. Will purchase again.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m surprised no one has mentioned the BFG A/T KO2. They are legitimate snow rated with the snowflake symbol on the tire. I drive in snow/winter conditions for 4-5 months a year here in WA state, and they have never let me down. Also do a bit of off-roading. Will purchase again.
Overpriced and terrible for highway use. Great for off roading though lol.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm trying to get discount tire to do a price match with Amazon for the Wildpeaks...if they can't then I'm either going with the Pathfinders or Cooper's. They only have the Cooper ATPs though...not sure about the difference

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nokian Rotiiva AT. Best AT tire i have had in the snow
If I were still living in new england I'd buy them for sure. But I looked these up and they don't make them for my tire size. Plus they're more of a heavy all season instead of a true A/T tire. Too bad though...

Zoompastu

Reaction score
Toyo AT3 just came out a couple months ago… You cannot compare online reviews of the old open country AT2. Keep that in mind. The new Toyo AT3 is severe snow rated the old tire was not. The Yokohama‘s do great in the snow but my absolute favorite is the Falken AT3w. I have lots of mountains snow driving experience on those. And keep in mind the Falken Wildpeak that comes on the north package and off-road package 1500s is not the same tire. Those are AT3WA.

Users who are viewing this thread