5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/C Performance

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Take pics of the damage. (I really, really, really hope you have before pictures.)

Send them to the General Manager. Tell him you'd like to discuss giving him the opportunity to make this right.

Start investigating your state's lemon laws.

Sniper75

Reaction score
Hey guys I have been reading thru all ya'lls post and see that I'm not the only one here with A/C not being colder. My 05 Ram 1500 with 135k miles on it A/C was colder than my 20 Ram 1500 with 18k miles. Here in South Texas it gets pretty HOT. I'm still fighting with dealership on back window still leaking from the first fix. So I don't know if I should bring this up about A/C now or wait till I get back window fixed first. My dealership doesn't have loaners so I'm on my own to find transportation back and forth and they are the only Dodge dealership in town

Attachments

• 162922440528379252286956514542.jpg
    162922440528379252286956514542.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 16292244339695788593541629242745.jpg
    16292244339695788593541629242745.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 66

Soldierguy

Reaction score
I just got my truck back after having the hvac housing tsb done. I have to say it seems colder but that was just what I noticed on the short drive home. That is a good sign because it would normally take a long time to start to cool down. I’ll have to test it more once it gets hotter out over the next few days. It is only in the 80s today. Funny thing is I had brought my truck in several time telling them that the ac just didn’t really get cold and they always said that it fell within spec. This was before the tsb came out. I have been deployed overseas the last year so this was the first chance I had to get it taken in to get the tsb done. So I took it in after they got the parts in and they found that the shrader values were leaking a d they replaced those also. They say on the invoice they replaced the valves and took on a long test drive and concern was still present which is funny because they had always said it fell within spec. Then the replaced the housing, wire harness, and hvac module per tsb and test drove ok. I’ll let everyone know if I notice any issues from removing the dash and if the ac has improved.

flinstigator

Reaction score
I just got my truck back after having the hvac housing tsb done. I have to say it seems colder but that was just what I noticed on the short drive home. That is a good sign because it would normally take a long time to start to cool down. I’ll have to test it more once it gets hotter out over the next few days. It is only in the 80s today. Funny thing is I had brought my truck in several time telling them that the ac just didn’t really get cold and they always said that it fell within spec. This was before the tsb came out. I have been deployed overseas the last year so this was the first chance I had to get it taken in to get the tsb done. So I took it in after they got the parts in and they found that the shrader values were leaking a d they replaced those also. They say on the invoice they replaced the valves and took on a long test drive and concern was still present which is funny because they had always said it fell within spec. Then the replaced the housing, wire harness, and hvac module per tsb and test drove ok. I’ll let everyone know if I notice any issues from removing the dash and if the ac has improved.
That's good. I had the same issue with them always saying it was within spec until I just handed them the TSB. Mine was done a little while ago. It's been very hot here lately and I would have been sweating my tail off with the AC running prior to the repair. So definitely an improvement for my truck! Glad you made it home safely and thanks for doing what you do!!!

Last edited:

Soldierguy

Reaction score
Ok so I’m able to get back to you guys after about a week and today is a hotter day with temps in the mid 90s and with a heat index around 105-110. It is 100% better and blows cold even with it being hit and humid. I haven’t found any issues with noises or anything. I know others have said that they have issues with trying to cool the truck down with remote start and not really working and I would say that when I had tried this in the past it didn’t really cool it off and I have only tried it a couple times over the last week and yes it doesn’t seem to blow very hard until to take it out of remote start and into run but what is blowing out is cooler plus with having the ac actually blowing cold air now it doesn’t take long now for the cab to cool off. Today I had to wait for my daughter to come out of school and it was pretty hot out and I can finally say that I was nice and cool inside my truck for once. I would suggest if you have had issues with cooling or even if you think that it is ok but just not cold, I would have this tsb done. It is well worth it.

CJW

Reaction score
I had the housing done a month or so ago and it's better. Before I'd be driving miles before it would even get comfortable, but now it cools much better.

However, don't expect amazing results. If you ever had a vehicle that would blow really cold air, then you' won't get that result. It's better with the repair, but still isn't good. Exact same experience as theblet.

gorilla57

Reaction score
Well, glad I waited and didn't get the TSB done. With a shut off valve, I see 42deg out the driver vents in 110deg air temps. Granted, I have to turn the valve back on if I need heat, but it isn't that big of a deal. Thanks to all that have done it and let us know that the TSB helps, but the results aren't stellar.

Reaction score
Hello forum members....I just had the TSB completed and find it very interesting that the dealership completed the work in one day and also during the pick up conversation it was mentioned that the whole dash did not need to come out , only the center stack. The hvac boxes were replaced along with the sensor basically all the parts noted in the TSB were on the service order. I don't have any temp performance to share but I can say that it feels much cooler and the cab cools down much quicker than before. I could be wrong but it also feels like the fan is running faster and moving more air on the high setting. Fit and finish after repair is good. No rattles or other affects from dis assembly / reassembly of the center stack. I am very happy I went ahead with this TSB. With a black truck you need all the a/c performance you can get. That is all.

BigAl

Reaction score
All,

I wanted to know how you're A/C is working. I feel mine does not get completely cold all the time. My old 14 blew very cold air.
I had my 2019 2500 A/C TSB done, no much different from before and living in Phoenix much should be done to fix prior years. Wish I knew why its like this?

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
So the dealer didn't want to do TSB 24-000-19 so they did TSB 24-000-20 which is a reflash of the hvac module. It's only in the 40's here so testing the a/c wasn't an option so they opted for the reflash. I'm hoping when summer rolls around they'll do 2400019 and cover it under warranty since it's an ongoing issue (my 3 years is up in 2 weeks).

ramchaser

Reaction score
So the dealer didn't want to do TSB 24-000-19 so they did TSB 24-000-20 which is a reflash of the hvac module. It's only in the 40's here so testing the a/c wasn't an option so they opted for the reflash. I'm hoping when summer rolls around they'll do 2400019 and cover it under warranty since it's an ongoing issue (my 3 years is up in 2 weeks).
The TSB states if the customer describes the problem...Perform the TSB...Not sure why they are not going ahead and doing it.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The TSB states if the customer describes the problem...Perform the TSB...Not sure why they are not going ahead and doing it.
It seems like a no-brainer. Customer complains and they get paid.

I know in the beginning some dealerships did not want to risk breaking more stuff since the dash has to get torn apart, which would be their dime to fix it.

The dealership is an "independent" franchise and can approach things at their discretion.

You can get corporate involved (calling them to initiate a case or going through RamCares on this forum) who will "advocate" for you and work with the dealership to provide technical assistance.

My dealership has been great except for the A/C TSB. They insist on doing a cooldown test (that they run in the morning so of course it passes) to determine if they will do the TSB. I even tried getting corporate involved on the last 2 times and they sided with the dealership both times. I even took the TSB in with me and showed them that there is no test required and how they can get FCA to pay them...no dice.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I brought my truck in once before the TSB came out and they said it was “operating as expected”. Once the TSB came out, I printed it out and showed the SA, and they performed it no questions asked and it made a huge difference.

ramchaser

Reaction score
It seems like a no-brainer. Customer complains and they get paid.

I know in the beginning some dealerships did not want to risk breaking more stuff since the dash has to get torn apart, which would be their dime to fix it.

The dealership is an "independent" franchise and can approach things at their discretion.

You can get corporate involved (calling them to initiate a case or going through RamCares on this forum) who will "advocate" for you and work with the dealership to provide technical assistance.

My dealership has been great except for the A/C TSB. They insist on doing a cooldown test (that they run in the morning so of course it passes) to determine if they will do the TSB. I even tried getting corporate involved on the last 2 times and they sided with the dealership both times. I even took the TSB in with me and showed them that there is no test required and how they can get FCA to pay them...no dice.
I've worked in multiple dealerships and looks like you got a SA going rogue...Need to take it up with the SM and if that does not work, Ram Cares...As said they get paid as it's a customer satisfaction requirement with no requirement to prove something is wrong with this particular TSB.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have never had a TSB turned down. Ive owned Many Chrysler products since 1994 and the have always obliged when I brought a copy of the TSB and said, this this is my complaint and i want this performed. Never an issue.
My suggestion is to establish a relationship with a current service writer and even bring them som breakfast in for good faith with a nice demeanor and positive vibe. Be courthouse and patience-be helpful as u can and not demand things-so them them the paperwork and tell them what you are expecting and experiencing be welcoming and offer to assist
in bringing or offering help if so needed. Be courteous and helpful. You tend to get mor flys with honey make friends and see if u can get things don in a timely fashion. Be patient, they are busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've worked in multiple dealerships and looks like you got a SA going rogue...Need to take it up with the SM and if that does not work, Ram Cares...As said they get paid as it's a customer satisfaction requirement with no requirement to prove something is wrong with this particular TSB.
I have never had a TSB turned down. Ive owned Many Chrysler products since 1994 and the have always obliged when I brought a copy of the TSB and said, this this is my complaint and i want this performed. Never an issue.
My suggestion is to establish a relationship with a current service writer and even bring them som breakfast in for good faith with a nice demeanor and positive vibe. Be courthouse and patience-be helpful as u can and not demand things-so them them the paperwork and tell them what you are expecting and experiencing be welcoming and offer to assist
in bringing or offering help if so needed. Be courteous and helpful. You tend to get mor flys with honey make friends and see if u can get things don in a timely fashion. Be patient, they are busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've already complained about the A/C 6 times with this dealership...3 times with TSB in hand...2 times with RAMCares/Corporate Engineering involvement. All 6 times was "no" just wrapped in a different explanation.

There's only 1 other dealership I'd go to, which is furthest away from me in the area, which has recently changed ownership so they are now off my list. Even if any of the other 5 dealerships in my area would perform the TSB I have z-e-r-o confidence that they would care that it was somebody's $50K+ truck that they were working on. The risk is not worth the reward for me personally.

The dealership has taken care of every other issue I've had and they are the only one I will go to. I have an extended warranty until 2026 so every time I take the truck in for something the A/C TSB is on my list. I will wear them down or die trying.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread