5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/C Performance

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice! I can't get below 50 with the valve closed. We're in the 90's with 60 to 70 humidity. Heat index around 100

Don’t feel bad. His picture is of the passenger side vent, not driver side

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
So I have the same cooling issue. My truck is beyond the 36k warranty. Still under the power train. Will they cover this or will I have to pay?

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I have the same cooling issue. My truck is beyond the 36k warranty. Still under the power train. Will they cover this or will I have to pay?

If you have MaxCare then you’ll have to pay the deductible. Otherwise outside of 36k they won’t cover it

turkeybird56

Reaction score
ok, WELL here we go. Temp was 87 degrees, humidity 65%, parked partially under a tree. I will say when temp goes over 90 degrees and truck is heat soaked, it is ok, will not do as well as
pictured. I had the AC TSB done near end of June: This is 26 Jul 2021. Posting because a lot of PPL were wondering.

Center stack pax temp.jpg Drivers side center temp.jpg far left vent temp.jpg far right pax temp.jpg Interior temp.jpg radio face.jpg Rear vent temp.jpg

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
ok, WELL here we go. Temp was 87 degrees, humidity 65%, parked partially under a tree. I will say when temp goes over 90 degrees and truck is heat soaked, it is ok, will not do as well as
pictured. I had the AC TSB done near end of June: This is 26 Jul 2021. Posting because a lot of PPL were wondering.

View attachment 101191 View attachment 101192 View attachment 101193 View attachment 101194 View attachment 101195 View attachment 101196 View attachment 101197
So, are you happy or unhappy with the results?

turkeybird56

Reaction score
So, are you happy or unhappy with the results?
HAPPY because better than before. Unhappy, because the Remote Start Heating/AC function has been severely downgraded, hardly works till U enter truck and hit push to start, then functions properly from preset when U turned truck off. Further, I can still do the AC hack with clamp or valve and get my temps down to 41 degrees. SO, so so is the only answer I really have. JUST wanted to post for PPL FYI.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
HAPPY because better than before. Unhappy, because the Remote Start Heating/AC function has been severely downgraded, hardly works till U enter truck and hit push to start, then functions properly from preset when U turned truck off. Further, I can still do the AC hack with clamp or valve and get my temps down to 41 degrees. SO, so so is the only answer I really have. JUST wanted to post for PPL FYI.

So mine definitely cools during remote start. I put thermometer in vent, let it get to 90. Closed door and remote started then watched the dial temp drop thru the window.

I left it on fan speed 7, but it definitely was more like 3-4 until I hit the ignition button then it kicked to 7.. I don’t remember how it performed prior to the TSB.

My current issue is the outside temp sensor is stuck on 79 F when the ambient temp is 89-91 F

turkeybird56

Reaction score
So mine definitely cools during remote start. I put thermometer in vent, let it get to 90. Closed door and remote started then watched the dial temp drop thru the window.

I left it on fan speed 7, but it definitely was more like 3-4 until I hit the ignition button then it kicked to 7.. I don’t remember how it performed prior to the TSB.

My current issue is the outside temp sensor is stuck on 79 F when the ambient temp is 89-91 F
The fan blew full speed if that was where U left it when U shut off the truck. With the TSB, BCM was flashed because of new sensors and other stuff and the NEW BCM flash ref the remote start sucks, IMHO.....

turkeybird56

Reaction score
Got my truck back and I’m happy. Driver side vent is now showing it’s 46 F @ outside temp of 88 F after the TSB

View attachment 101326 View attachment 101327
YUP, why I posted my temps in post 1088. The only thing U may find is when U set temp and speed and shut off, remote start may not bring back those settings, run at Reduced rate and controls not lit till U hit push to start. Could U check and report back??? Seems the NEW BCM flash derated the remote start settings.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
YUP, why I posted my temps in post 1088. The only thing U may find is when U set temp and speed and shut off, remote start may not bring back those settings, run at Reduced rate and controls not lit till U hit push to start. Could U check and report back??? Seems the NEW BCM flash derated the remote start settings.
Post #1091 ;)

Controls don’t light up

turkeybird56

Reaction score
Post #1091 ;)

Controls don’t light up
YUP, my issue now also. Something in the NEW FLASH with the upgrade changed the operation of the Remote Operations. FWIW, I checked several 2021's that had the TSb built in now, and they had the same lousy operation now also.

garrett419

Reaction score
Update: They called and said the AC is not working as it should, maybe they received a bad part. They ordered the parts to do the TSB again. Fingers crossed..
Well, it's been a month and they finally worked on it yesterday and into today. They actually did the work this time as evidenced by the grease on the dash, the terrible scratches on the instrument cluster, but most importantly, the air is coming out at 47*F now. That's a lot better than it did before. BUT, in addition to the scratches, there is a terrible whining noise coming from it. I got a headache after just a few minutes. Also, 4th attempt on the seat - still not fixed. I don't know what to do at this point. Will Ram Cares help? I tried, previously, taking it to a dealer in the next town over for repairs. When it came out that I bought it at Greve, the service manager put his hands up and said "I'm not getting in the middle of that, you need to take it back and eventually they will fix it" I got the impression he was put in a bad situation before. Sounds like I'm just venting, but I would appreciate any advice. I'm pretty sure it's against the law to drive with ear plugs in.

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Reaction score
Well, it's been a month and they finally worked on it yesterday and into today. They actually did the work this time as evidenced by the grease on the dash, the terrible scratches on the instrument cluster, but most importantly, the air is coming out at 47*F now. That's a lot better than it did before. BUT, in addition to the scratches, there is a terrible whining noise coming from it. I got a headache after just a few minutes. Also, 4th attempt on the seat - still not fixed. I don't know what to do at this point. Will Ram Cares help? I tried, previously, taking it to a dealer in the next town over for repairs. When it came out that I bought it at Greve, the service manager put his hands up and said "I'm not getting in the middle of that, you need to take it back and eventually they will fix it" I got the impression he was put in a bad situation before. Sounds like I'm just venting, but I would appreciate any advice. I'm pretty sure it's against the law to drive with ear plugs in.
Sounds like unfortunately U have poor Service at that dealership and the other one knew of the problems at that dealership probably from past experience and wants no part of it. U should not be hearing ne whining noise, something binding, and there should be no scratches or grease all over stuff. WOW, me thinks unfortunately U got a fight on yer hands. When mine was put back together, my SA found a "slight" scratch on a dashboard part. I said it OK, he said no way. Part scratched was ordered and replaced. I got a pretty good dealership, but it is not the local one, I traveled more than a few miles to purchase vehicle there.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Dealer appointment didn’t go well?

Start a private conversation and send them the following information along with a description of the issue.

- VIN
- Mileage
- Full Name
- Phone number
- Earliest/latest call time
- Email address
- Dealer Name
- Service Advisor

Users who are viewing this thread