5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/C Performance

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
My warranty will be up (currently at 22K miles) before it gets warm enough to run the a/c again. When I went to check on the status of my a/c parts on order I showed them the TSB and they made note to check it out when the other parts come in. Hoping they will be able to apply the TSB

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Isn’t it a win that they have released a fix for those that have an issue? Should they have waited until the dead of Summer to release instead?
It is a win, but we can still be bent out of shape after being told to pound sand, there's nothing wrong with the AC

Another trip to the dealership and blank stares from the other side of the counter

Gsmith223

Reaction score
This is exactly the symptoms I gave FCA back in 2019, I opened a star case and did all this troubleshooting only to be told nothing was wrong. Now a year a a half later they come out with a TSB that read almost exactly to the T on the symptoms I gave them in lemon law case that was dismissed by the arbitrators. Then FCA doenst even notify me they have a fix. What a **** company I will never own another one. 2 Summers on a three year lease I have not had AC @RamCares you guys suck!

RamCares

Reaction score
Soooo...I called my dealer today. Talked to a very nice service adviser, one that actually took a few minutes and listened. basically it went like this: "If we cant replicate the issue, FCA wont approve the repair." I was like "its 32 outside, of course its going to blow cold." He was like "correct, and it wont replicate". So I was like, "so were done here?" He said to bring it in for diagnosis, and if it can be replicated and the TSB applies, they will fix it once they have approval. He also said they are tired of hundreds of trucks coming in and he would love to fix them all, but the decision is FCAs weather to fix or not. So I guess I wait till its 110 outside and wait in line with the hundreds of other trucks lined up in AZ next summer..... Honestly, I wish they would provide me the parts and fix instructions and I would do it myself..... They have acknowledged the issue by providing a very in depth TSB. If mine actually blew cold as it should, Why in gods name would I ever let them tear my dash apart.... Just sayin....

I reached out to my dealer but no response back from them . @RamCares since I have an open case are you able to assist me?

My warranty will be up (currently at 22K miles) before it gets warm enough to run the a/c again. When I went to check on the status of my a/c parts on order I showed them the TSB and they made note to check it out when the other parts come in. Hoping they will be able to apply the TSB

This is exactly the symptoms I gave FCA back in 2019, I opened a star case and did all this troubleshooting only to be told nothing was wrong. Now a year a a half later they come out with a TSB that read almost exactly to the T on the symptoms I gave them in lemon law case that was dismissed by the arbitrators. Then FCA doenst even notify me they have a fix. What a **** company I will never own another one. 2 Summers on a three year lease I have not had AC @RamCares you guys suck!
We apologize for any trouble you may be facing while addressing this concern with your dealer. Please know that we are happy to offer our support throughout your dealer service by escalating a case on your behalf via private messages. Please contact us directly so that we may determine how to best assist you at this point, thank you!

Kathryn
RamCares

Scram1500

Reaction score
The only way for FCA to gain any respect back on the malfunctioning AC would have been to issue an actual recall

Checkairspeed

Reaction score
It is a win, but we can still be bent out of shape after being told to pound sand, there's nothing wrong with the AC

Another trip to the dealership and blank stares from the other side of the counter
I can definitely appreciate the frustration. I hope this will resolve your issues with minimal additional BS from your dealer. Good luck.

snj1013

Reaction score
I took my Ram 1500 in to the dealer today and they evaluated (not sure what they did) my vehicle. Anyway, I explained what the issue was, explained that my vehicle appears to be covered under the TSB and they checked it out. They are ordering all of the needed parts listed in the TSB and will call me when the parts are in.

KcRay

Reaction score
I took my Ram 1500 in to the dealer today and they evaluated (not sure what they did) my vehicle. Anyway, I explained what the issue was, explained that my vehicle appears to be covered under the TSB and they checked it out. They are ordering all of the needed parts listed in the TSB and will call me when the parts are in.
Nice, great news for sure.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Did they elaborate on what is required for fix? Did they specify whole dash removal?

Grouper

Reaction score
Or look at your Moroney sticker (the big sticker that was in the window when you purchased your Ram). Look on the lower left of the sticker there you will see a large bar code. There are four digits above the far right end of that barcode. That is your build date...so if 0830 it was “built” on August 30.

Interesting. I ordered my truck on 9/24, yet the four digits on the Monroney indicates a build date of August 16.

What am I missing? (I haven't taken delivery yet to look at the B pillar sticker).

20201205_050532.jpg

Last edited:

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Look over further to the right about 1/2” to 3/4”...there will be four small digits just above the end of the bar code. Like below:

F4E88875-BF02-4F91-BE52-E5AC57E37934.png

Grouper

Reaction score
Look over further to the right about 1/2” to 3/4”...there will be four small digits just above the end of the bar code. Like below:

View attachment 75723

Yep. Totally overlooked that. Thanks. (y)

11/10 (November 10th) makes a lot more sense :)

I guess "L4-VON" means Last Four Digits of the Vehicle Order Number.

Date.jpg

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Look on your the driver side door B pillar and there will be a sticker which also installed the month/year of manufacture.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^ Glass half empty response for sure....

Glass half full would say they now have a TSB for it.

I do agree they should be more willing to fix this as the Winter months will certainly never show the issues. I suspect this next Summer will be quite busy with the fixes.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The first autoline BS arbitration is non binding. did you kick it to the state lemon law panel? even that isn't binding, you can then sue them under state and federal and recover 4x damages and at least the same amount in legal costs.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I might consider that, But I want to give the dealer/process a chance to work first. Its not fair to say they wont fix it when in fact they haven't said they wont.....officially....
screw the dealer if they blow you off. be the most annoying prick you can be and your problem will get fixed. that's the only way.

ac1dd

Reaction score
screw the dealer if they blow you off. be the most annoying prick you can be and your problem will get fixed. that's the only way.
Don't be really nasty, but DO be persistent, do not stop contacting them and showing up until you are satisfied with the vehicle. Keep pushing it's the only way. Best open a case ticket with Ram Cares corporate, they will intercede at the dealer for you if they are not responding correctly.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
I am currently sitting at the dealer -

technician commented that they could not replicate due to ambient temperatures being in the 20s.
They talked with their warranty advisor and the individual stated to “make things right,” after seeing my comment about “slow to cool in higher temperatures.”

they are ordering parts, supposedly whole dash assembly is coming out, evap canister and duct work is going to be replaced.

I appreciate the dealer doing this as I accused them of damaging a rim (I curbed the front one and did not even look at the back one) and they are not holding grudges. I ended up saying that it could have been me but am very OCD about my vehicles and believed I would have caught it.

hopefully I can give more info on parts and work required shortly...

Users who are viewing this thread