5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/C Performance

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You’re not right or wrong. Just my thoughts but either way I’m just glad they may have found a fix to that care of all the guys/gals having a problem with their A/C. And I’ll bet there are heads of engineers and managers on sticks outside of FCA HQ today after the brass realized how much this will cost them...

snj1013

Reaction score
Typically the repair times listed may be more or less than the actual time the technician takes to make the repair. The times are the times that Ram or an other manufacturer will pay the dealer for the repair and at most dealerships, it is the time amount of time the technician gets paid. Meaning, a very efficient technician can earn more hours than they actually worked.

PostPremium

Reaction score
The nature and extent of the TSB shows you how real the problem was/is. Don't expect we'll get apologies from those that defended the spec temps. But as they say, the proof is in the pudding. Thank you Ram!

revvr

Reaction score
Look at door sticker

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Or look at your Moroney sticker (the big sticker that was in the window when you purchased your Ram). Look on the lower left of the sticker there you will see a large bar code. There are four digits above the far right end of that barcode. That is your build date...so if 0830 it was “built” on August 30.

And like revvr posted above, look at the sticker on the driver side B pillar. It will show the date on there too cut as 8-20 which indicates August 2020 and will coincide with the date on the Moroney sticker.

Reaction score
I'm guessing that dash removal is necessary to get at the HVAC box, is this correct? Seems like it would take a magician to get the dash out, the HVAC box repaired and the dash reinstalled in 6 hours. I'll let a few folks run through the process and then take their advice on precautions. Good luck and keep the board posted.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
I still am not certain on what is chsnging other than the box therefore directing flow - not any total volume difference

RSZ

Reaction score
From page three of the TSB;

"The new housing includes a new evaporator and all other seals needed"

Probably a larger evaporator.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All I can say is, I'm not sure I want to risk that extensive tear-down and rebuild under my dash...I'm just not sure if it's worth it to me. None of that stuff in or under the dash ever goes back the way it was.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m surprised they’re not offering a couple of Prozac to calm owners down while in the waiting area (Customer Lounge) for the results of major surgery on their almost new Ram.

I’m sure FCA has the process ready to go but it’s my local dealer and his 17 year old junior mechanic who fixed Mom’s toaster last week with the “Yeah boss, I read the TSB and am pretty sure I can get it done” attitude that would scare the heck out of me.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Me? Never. My 2020 is working perfectly and was built at the end of August 2020 which isn’t affected by the TSB.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
I called to set up an appointment as I had slow to cool and weak cooling capability in the fall.

They must "replicate the problem" then will order the parts.

Checkairspeed

Reaction score
The nature and extent of the TSB shows you how real the problem was/is. Don't expect we'll get apologies from those that defended the spec temps. But as they say, the proof is in the pudding. Thank you Ram!
Great news! A win for those having cooling issues. Now, when are you ordering yours?😎

KcRay

Reaction score
I called to set up an appointment as I had slow to cool and weak cooling capability in the fall.

Don't let them f#%k with you about "replicating the problem". The TSB says if the customer complaines of the symptoms, perform the repair procedure,at the end tells the tech to use CC

Don't let them f#%k with you about "replicating the problem". Read the entire TSB, Diagnosis:
"If the customer describes symptoms/conditions listed above, perform the repair procedure. Then at the end it tells the technician how to code the billing , using CC for customer matching the symptoms

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/