5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/C Performance

ldoh

Reaction score
Glad to hear they shouldn't refuse relative to not being able to duplicate the problem. The last couple of weeks I could honestly say my a/c functions well but outside temps have tanked.

It looks like this TSB fix has some promise given there are real hardware/software changes. The techs and vehicle owners probably won't know if the fix works until outside temps heat up. Worse case, we can always use the hack as a backup.

This fix is date dependent, not VIN dependent, making those few perpetual fan boi naysayers look even goofier.

gorilla57

Reaction score
Mine is documented at the dealership as having poor performance and 50deg vent temps. Then they "attempted" a repair by filling the system to the exact recommended amount and it didn't change a damn thing......But, I'm not gonna be the first guinea pig that my dealership is getting in for this repair. I will wait until spring or even summer to get this done.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
I plan to take videos of the dash and surround due to my OCD before bringing in.

I have spoke with RamCares and have trust that they will step in if issues arise.

Wsmith

Reaction score
I called to set up an appointment as I had slow to cool and weak cooling capability in the fall.

They must "replicate the problem" then will order the parts.
So it will be up to the dealer whether they think it is cool enough. Guess I am not getting mine cooled down. I think it sucks, but the dealer will likely say it's fine.

revvr

Reaction score
dang, i want my dealer to have a dozen of these under their belt before I go in......
Precisely.

The timing of FCA is impeccable. Temps cool down, ac is not needed as much, by the time people need ac most will have forgotten this.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

KcRay

Reaction score
So it will be up to the dealer whether they think it is cool enough. Guess I am not getting mine cooled down. I think it sucks, but the dealer will likely say it's fine.
If your left center vent is warmer than the right center vent, your truck qualifies, and if customer complains it takes long time for ac to get cool, your truck qualifies. All of this is in the TSB. The TSB is written for the dealer and the technicians, no where does it say they must replicate the symptoms. And of course your truck is within the build date.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
If your left center vent is warmer than the right center vent, your truck qualifies, and if customer complains it takes long time for ac to get cool, your truck qualifies. All of this is in the TSB. The TSB is written for the dealer and the technicians, no where does it say they must replicate the symptoms. And of course your truck is within the build date.

RamCares advised i reach out to them if dealer does not help. I am optomistic!
Just hope they dont mess up a single other detail about the truck.

Will probably ask if they can see why my fuel mileage is horrible while they are at it.

KcRay

Reaction score
RamCares advised i reach out to them if dealer does not help. I am optomistic!
Just hope they dont mess up a single other detail about the truck.

Will probably ask if they can see why my fuel mileage is horrible while they are at it.
Looks like just the duck work under the dash has to come out, and maybe the radio head unit to gain access to all the parts they will change. The whole dash will not need to come out. We all wish you complete success, and cudos for taking that next step. Keep us posted.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
If anyone gets this done, for the love of God, please take before-and-after vent temp pictures and post them here.
My issue is it takes a long time to get cool air out the vents in 70 plus weather.

Now thay our ambient temp is 30 degrees i doubt they will have a problem but the rate to cool was my main concern. I anticipate they cannot replicate but my concern is known.

RSZ

Reaction score
Looks like just the duck work under the dash has to come out, and maybe the radio head unit to gain access to all the parts they will change. The whole dash will not need to come out. We all wish you complete success, and cudos for taking that next step. Keep us posted.

Not sure what needs to come out but in the parts list on the TSB it mentions a steering wheel nut. 😱

rraulston

Reaction score
Soooo...I called my dealer today. Talked to a very nice service adviser, one that actually took a few minutes and listened. basically it went like this: "If we cant replicate the issue, FCA wont approve the repair." I was like "its 32 outside, of course its going to blow cold." He was like "correct, and it wont replicate". So I was like, "so were done here?" He said to bring it in for diagnosis, and if it can be replicated and the TSB applies, they will fix it once they have approval. He also said they are tired of hundreds of trucks coming in and he would love to fix them all, but the decision is FCAs weather to fix or not. So I guess I wait till its 110 outside and wait in line with the hundreds of other trucks lined up in AZ next summer..... Honestly, I wish they would provide me the parts and fix instructions and I would do it myself..... They have acknowledged the issue by providing a very in depth TSB. If mine actually blew cold as it should, Why in gods name would I ever let them tear my dash apart.... Just sayin....

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Soooo...I called my dealer today. Talked to a very nice service adviser, one that actually took a few minutes and listened. basically it went like this: "If we cant replicate the issue, FCA wont approve the repair." I was like "its 32 outside, of course its going to blow cold." He was like "correct, and it wont replicate". So I was like, "so were done here?" He said to bring it in for diagnosis, and if it can be replicated and the TSB applies, they will fix it once they have approval. He also said they are tired of hundreds of trucks coming in and he would love to fix them all, but the decision is FCAs weather to fix or not. So I guess I wait till its 110 outside and wait in line with the hundreds of other trucks lines up in AZ next summer..... Honestly, I wish they would provide me the parts and fix instructions and I would do it myself..... They have acknowledged the issue by providing a very in depth TSB. If mine actually blew cold as it should, Why in gods name would I ever let them tear my dash apart.... Just sayin....
PM RamCares about the situation. They may be able to assist.

rraulston

Reaction score
PM RamCares about the situation. They may be able to assist.
I might consider that, But I want to give the dealer/process a chance to work first. Its not fair to say they wont fix it when in fact they haven't said they wont.....officially....

Reaction score
The TSB is very clear......left center vs right center vent temps differ and customer complains it takes to long to cool down. Easy peasy. Vent temps replicate and sweat is still dripping off your brow from the 30 minute drive to the dealership. Fix it!

Chris_R

Reaction score
I reached out to my dealer but no response back from them . @RamCares since I have an open case are you able to assist me?

Users who are viewing this thread