5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/C is ice cold

BigD

Reaction score
Just thought I'd report that the air conditioning is ice cold in the 2020 Rams. So they must've fixed that issue from 2019. First humid day here in Minnesota for the year. 89 degrees & muggy as heck. I had my air on 5. Had to turn it down to 3 because I was freezing. Temp was set at 64 I think. Took only a couple minutes before I had to turn it down. That's with it sitting in the sun all day & a black truck !

KcRay

Reaction score
Could you post your vent temperatures? Just saying your AC is ice cold, or freezing is really subjective. What is cold to you may be 50 degrees, while that sucks to me.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just thought I'd report that the air conditioning is ice cold in the 2020 Rams. So they must've fixed that issue from 2019. First humid day here in Minnesota for the year. 89 degrees & muggy as heck. I had my air on 5. Had to turn it down to 3 because I was freezing. Temp was set at 64 I think. Took only a couple minutes before I had to turn it down. That's with it sitting in the sun all day & a black truck !
Could you post your vent temperatures? Just saying your AC is ice cold, or freezing is really subjective. What is cold to you may be 50 degrees, while that sucks to me.
My 2020 was built in March. Vent temps don't go below 50 degrees without the heater core cutoff. Not fixed in 2020.

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
My RAM measured in the upper 30s from the vent last year... that’s “cold” by AC terms, I think. No mod done either, it came like that from the factory.

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019 ram 1500 big horn Etourque when its not on max ac it can stay around 40-45. This is without the hack

Attachments

• IMG_2903.JPG
    IMG_2903.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
50 degrees is not cold to you? Holy hell, that is frigid!
If you live in Az or Fl then 50 f probably feels cold, ha ha. That’s when they all wear thick coats. (I just moved from Az 2 yrs ago...)

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My RAM measured in the upper 30s from the vent last year... that’s “cold” by AC terms, I think. No mod done either, it came like that from the factory.
Yeah I believe that 38-40 F is the rough target for what is considered to be “good” (with the exception of 2019 RAM’s).

KcRay

Reaction score
Without hack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice temperatures, that's what we are getting with the hack. Also without the Hack, we are getting different drivers side vent temperatures, 6-8 degrees warmer than the passenger side. Can check your passenger side vent right next to your screen?

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice temperatures, that's what we are getting with the hack. Also without the Hack, we are getting different drivers side vent temperatures, 6-8 degrees warmer than the passenger side. Can check your passenger side vent right next to your screen?

Sure give me a few I’ll post pics

KcRay

Reaction score

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score

3d0fa1d1d5a684732f4deccbba115d9d.jpg

Right at 40

KcRay

Reaction score
So basically the same on both sides. Looks like you have properly functioning blend doors. Thanks for the feedback with pictures.

Cravenfan

Reaction score
My Ram shoots snow out the vents in the summer and fire out the vents in the winter. I can also fill the cab with water and drive around in my very own hot tub.

I may be losing it...If Ram had built a cure for cancer, some folks would bellyache about it. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread