5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/C is ice cold

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We had a couple days in the 90's with high Humidity, the A/C felt good. Just left it on the temp set and let it do it's thing.

Downytide

Reaction score
Could this be a FCA sensor issue? my truck's AC is fine, we test drove 2 Grand Cherokees and 1 Wrangler last week, and notice all of their AC was not as cold as the Lexus that we just drove, all were set at 21C /70F.

KcRay

Reaction score
It surely could be. What ever the reasons are, the blend doors are not closing or sealing all the way, and are letting hot air in when we don't want it.

smikels

Reaction score
My Toyota Avalon A/C is ridiculously cold. The Ram sucks even with the hack here.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
So far my AC has been fine, but we haven't had any days over 85 yet. Those should be coming later in July and through August. That will be the real test for me.

Def not fixed for 2020s , mine is fine enough but no where near what I would like it. Seems to be ok with it getting up to 93 here this past week in Illinois. Btw Does anyone else think The seats hold in heat. I swear it feels like my butt warmers are on for 30 mins until the car completely cools down. Never experienced it in any of my previous silverados I’ve owned. But these do have way more seat cushion?
That's the main reason I went with a Laramie/ORG instead of the Rebel. I wanted ventilated seats. The seats in my 2017 Rebel were similar to yours. On really hot days I seriously thought the seat heaters were on.

PostPremium

Reaction score
F-150 and Silverado AC are far superior to Ram's current generation. Fact. Ram still a better truck, just wish they would get the AC sorted out.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FYI, from another A/C thread not long ago.
Hello everyone, we wanted to touch base to provide an update on this concern from our end. Please know that this is still on our radar as we are working diligently to make sure both your concerns and findings are heard. As of now, we have a new part in development. However, due to COVID restrictions, production has been delayed. We anticipate to have a resolution for this soon, and will be sure to keep you updated as we know more.

-RamCares

aimlowrobin

Reaction score
Just thought I'd report that the air conditioning is ice cold in the 2020 Rams. So they must've fixed that issue from 2019. First humid day here in Minnesota for the year. 89 degrees & muggy as heck. I had my air on 5. Had to turn it down to 3 because I was freezing. Temp was set at 64 I think. Took only a couple minutes before I had to turn it down. That's with it sitting in the sun all day & a black truck !
Ummm...nope. I had a 2019 that had perfectly fine a/c. I now have a 2020 and the a/c sucks.

smikels

Reaction score
Ok I take back what I said. The temperature is the same in my car and truck with the hack. Also you can see my hack is 10 degrees cooler with valve closed on my mod.

Attachments

• IMG_0488.JPG
    IMG_0488.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0487.JPG
    IMG_0487.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 62

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would say the AC on my 2019 is just adequit, it keeps it tolerable with the heat we've had in the low 90's. I do have to keep the fan speed up to med or even high which is kind of a bummer to listen to a loud fan all the time in summer. Most other vehicles I've had you could turn it to low once the vehicle is cooled down.

Rollint

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Laramie and mine shows 54 degrees at vent when 85 outside.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Try this:

if you are using FLOOR and DASH VENT .. flip it to just DASH VENT and see if it feels colder to you ..

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FYI, from another A/C thread not long ago.
Im pretty curious on what exactly this new part could possibly be, and what would it take to install it? Will they need to tear apart our dashes? If so that is going to take forever to address all these trucks with less than stellar AC.

PostPremium

Reaction score
From Consumer Reports. Check out the air temperature for a "typical" AC. Perhaps we should alert CR to this issue.

5 Tips to Get the Most Cool From Your Car Air Conditioning
Cold, hard facts about A/C and how to make it work for you

By Patrick Olsen
Last updated: July 01, 2020

It’s summer and it's hot, which means your car's air-conditioning system is going to get a workout. But there's an art to cooling your car correctly. The engineers at the CR Auto Testing Center have some handy tips to help you cool your car faster while burning less fuel.
1. Don’t Pre-Cool
Your car air conditioning works much better when you're actually driving, because the faster the engine turns, the faster the A/C compressor runs, which lets the system cool more effectively. Don't waste time and gas by letting your car run before you go.
If the interior is really hot, crank up the fan when you start driving, and open just the rear windows for 10 to 20 seconds. This forces all the hot air out of the cabin. Don’t open the front windows—that only moves the heat out of the front of the car, and it will leave the air in the back of the cabin hot and stagnant.
2. Go Low
Setting to the lowest temp and adjusting the fan makes the car air conditioning more efficient, will dry out the air less, and can actually save some fuel. Why's that? In a typical A/C system, the air is cooled to 38 degrees. If you set the temp higher, you are actually forcing the system to re-heat your air, which takes more effort, burning more fuel.
3. Don't Recirculate
If you have passengers in the back seat, turn off the recirculation mode. This takes air from the front of the cabin and pulls it back through the system, so even though everyone up front stays cool, the air in the back can get stale and hot.
4. Turn Off Stop/Start
If you’ve got a newer car that has an auto start/stop system, turn it off. This feature saves fuel, but it can also keep the car air conditioning compressor from running when it shuts the engine off. In very hot weather, you can begin to notice the lack of cool air very quickly, especially if you're stuck at a lengthy stoplight, or in stop-and-go traffic that's barely moving.
5. Make Sure Your Filter's Clean
Next time you get the chance, check your cabin air filter to make sure it’s clean. A dirty filter prevents optimal airflow. In newer cars, these filters are relatively easy to check on; if you see a lot of dirt accumulated on it, it's time to change it. You can save money if you can replace the filter yourself—in many modern cars the filter is accessible behind the glove compartment. But that's not always the case. In some vehicles, such as the first-generation Honda Pilot, the entire dash must be removed in order to get at the cabin air filter, and that's not a job for the faint of heart.
Bonus: Automatic Climate Control
If you have automatic climate control, lowering the temp doesn't make the car cool off faster. Most systems will do all the fan and temp adjustments automatically, so you can just set it and forget it.

Rollint

Reaction score
Do we know what the new gen Ram 1500 AC vent temp should be at max AC while idling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online