5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4" to 12.1" screen replacement

jlanc20

Reaction score
I’m convinced that the uconnect update site doesn’t do anything for the 12” radios. It will always say your radio is up to date. I’ve entered dozens of 12” vehicle VINs of radios that I know for a fact have an update available, but it will still say radio is up to date. The only thing you can do, is wait for a recall or TSB for the radio of that VIN, and see if you can pay the dealer to put the OTA update on a USB stick for you.
Hmm thats wierd, what is included in the new update? Im not sure if this one would already have it or not im sure its not a necessity unless it fixes glitches or something?

Lopez317

Reaction score
Does any one know where I can purches the 2 connecting wires that connect from module to screen at a decent price

Lopez317

Reaction score
I'm not sure I have no wires from module to screen and if I need an adapter from factory connecters then I need that too

dougstheman86

Reaction score
You Should just need the LVCS cable that you would need to buy... believe it’s listed in around post #309 or #319

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kennylasvegas

Reaction score
Anyone near Vegas that done the swap? I’ll pay you for your time of course I wanna do the swap but I have no experience with electric at all.

Lopez317

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can purches the lvsc harness went to post 319 and messaged him no answer and infotainment does not sell them unless you buy whole kit $4000 all I need is harness

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can purches the lvsc harness went to post 319 and messaged him no answer and infotainment does not sell them unless you buy whole kit $4000 all I need is harness
Are you referring to this cable-
dfqe57g.jpg

That is the LVDS cable, and can be bought here- https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-Mo...658945&hash=item342356c345:g:k7QAAOSwVw9eWcDH
Or, are you referring to a conversion harness that changes the wire locations around on your existing 8-way connector? If so, I can build one for you.

Users who are viewing this thread