5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4" to 12.1" screen replacement

AGillan

Reaction score
So, I believeI I have everything I need . I purchased a new in the box 12 inch scree , with new module, the same cable infotainment uses, the one that has (DO NOT USE THIS PLUG) and cable 68417577AA LVDS , new bezel for my trim level( that was a pain in the butt to find correctly, the security gateway by pass by infotainment and the OBD2 module. I will have no problem with disassembly and reassembly , but I have apple computers so I know I have to use JSCAN to program the new unit. So all the parts are brand new that I got from a guy that purchased them from the dealer but traded the truck in prior to ever getting them installed. I even have all the receipts. All in so far at $1500. so I have never done anything like the programming that is talked about in this thread. so to say I am terrified that im going to cause a huge system problem due to me not knowing what im doing is an understatement. So does anyone have a step by step for dummies on what to do/ input with the JSCAN program. I have an 8.4 with nav, xm radio , heated seats and steering wheel and proximity sensors. No adaptive cruise or lane departure stuff. I searched but dee no thread on the JSCAN program for the swap. I don't want to have to purchase an android or PC just to program this on ALPHA OBD. Any help would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread