5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6th Gen Wish List

DivingOtter

Reaction score
How about something simple they already have that could be modified to something everyone would want....

Like making Standard Mirrors that power or auto-fold not just the towing mirrors. To be able to park at the grocery store and not be an annoyance to myself and others in the parking lot. Would also be really nice when parking on street! I've had no less than three mirrors on my Jetta broken by passing cars overnight.

Quint

Reaction score
Is there any good reason (besides money) not to make a bed liner standard? How many people actually leave it bare metal? I would bet Ram would score some points if they all came ready to go, and they could probably do it cheaper on the assembly line.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is there any good reason (besides money) not to make a bed liner standard? How many people actually leave it bare metal? I would bet Ram would score some points if they all came ready to go, and they could probably do it cheaper on the assembly line.
That or a spray in.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
..RAM's sprayon liner leave alot to be desired. LineX is worlds above, hell I've seen cheap home jobs done with a roller that look better than the RAM sprayon. :ROFLMAO:

Thats interesting, because I generally hear the opposite, that the factory spray-in bed liner is thicker and more durable than the LineX or others now-a-days. Line-X/others may be smoother or have a better feel or whatever, but are not as durable or thick.

I probably missed this in someone's list... but a power adjustable steering wheel. The 4th gens had no adjustment, the 5th gens have manual adjustment? Vehicles that cost half as much as a mid-grade/trim Ram have a power adjustable steering wheel. Heck, my wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee has it, so a fellow FCA product, and it syncs with the memory seats too!

Granite2WD

Reaction score
Thats interesting, because I generally hear the opposite, that the factory spray-in bed liner is thicker and more durable than the LineX or others now-a-days. Line-X/others may be smoother or have a better feel or whatever, but are not as durable or thick.

I probably missed this in someone's list... but a power adjustable steering wheel. The 4th gens had no adjustment, the 5th gens have manual adjustment? Vehicles that cost half as much as a mid-grade/trim Ram have a power adjustable steering wheel. Heck, my wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee has it, so a fellow FCA product, and it syncs with the memory seats too!
I think the warranty difference between Linex and the factory spray-on is all that you need to know about long term durability. I would love for the cost of spray-on liners to be brought down be being standard on all trucks, similar to having rear wheel well liners as standard.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How about something simple they already have that could be modified to something everyone would want....

Like making Standard Mirrors that power or auto-fold not just the towing mirrors. To be able to park at the grocery store and not be an annoyance to myself and others in the parking lot. Would also be really nice when parking on street! I've had no less than three mirrors on my Jetta broken by passing cars overnight.
My 2019 Big Horn level 2 has power folding mirrors - I assumed everything from that level and up had the same - maybe I am misunderstanding you and you're suggesting the tow mirrors should also be power?

DivingOtter

Reaction score
My 2019 Big Horn level 2 has power folding mirrors - I assumed everything from that level and up had the same - maybe I am misunderstanding you and you're suggesting the tow mirrors should also be power?
No, Just make all the regular mirrors have a power folding option... right now only the tow mirrors do.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, Just make all the regular mirrors have a power folding option... right now only the tow mirrors do.
I thought the DT always had power-folding standard mirrors and that the 21 trucks introduced the power-folding option to the tow mirrors too.

My 2019 tow mirrors aren't power-folding but my dad's 2020 Limited standard mirrors are power-folding.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, Just make all the regular mirrors have a power folding option... right now only the tow mirrors
I thought the DT always had power-folding standard mirrors and that the 21 trucks introduced the power-folding option to the tow mirrors too.

My 2019 tow mirrors aren't power-folding but my dad's 2020 Limited standard mirrors are power-folding.
That was my experience to - my 2019 with standard mirrors has power fold, don't think power fold towing mirrors is even an option which is why many on this forum have discussed replacing them with the standard mirrors.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
..RAM's sprayon liner leave alot to be desired. LineX is worlds above, hell I've seen cheap home jobs done with a roller that look better than the RAM sprayon. :ROFLMAO:
I think even a mid-grade spray-on that is standard would better then no standard liner at all

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Nah, I have the OEM liner in my truck (lot truck or I would not have opt'd for it) and it is considerably thinner than the LineX I've had on previous trucks. It also stains very easily.. hell a spilled juice box from my 1 yr old permanently stained it.

It also feels different from LineX. LineX has an almost rubber feel to it where as the OEM liner feels like sandpaper or antiskid tape you use on flooring.

hoodac78

Reaction score
The 2022 is rumored to be doing away with the V8 and go with the TT V6. I was actually waiting for the new Tundra until I heard they were dropping the V8. Not trying to get off the subject of this thread, but what's the appeal of the TT V6 other that fuel economy?
Low end torque. Its unreal for towing. I will say that is one thing I miss about my 2016 F150 3.5 eco.....the low end torque.

hoodac78

Reaction score
1 - FIX THE DAMN APP and make it FREE!!!!
2 - more payload.. atleast 300lbs more
3 - More powerful / more fuel efficient gas engine choice. Prefer a V8, but not 100% against a TT6'er if done right
4 - give us something between the 3.92's and the 3.23's with a 10k towing capacity
5 - better Navigation / Infotainment software..
6 - let the Longhorn be able to have the 'sport' hood!!! 🙃

****have to add get rid of the knob shifter and bring back the console shifter
100% on that app man...couldn't agree more. I admit to being jealous of my Ford owning friends who can start their vehicles from anywhere they want......for free.

NWRogue

Reaction score
1) air suspension option to "level" my truck, shouldn't have to go to the aftermarket to do this
2) power rear window, not the little square piece of glass we get now, but let me roll the whole rear window down
3) larger Ram Bins (insulated even)
4) let me order a Limited without navigation, i have a phone for that
5) matte paint option

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
1) air suspension option to "level" my truck, shouldn't have to go to the aftermarket to do this
2) power rear window, not the little square piece of glass we get now, but let me roll the whole rear window down
3) larger Ram Bins (insulated even)
4) let me order a Limited without navigation, i have a phone for that
5) matte paint option
I second #2. I was the proud owner of the new style Tundra back in 2007 when it first came out and that was one of my favorite features. I can't believe the other car makers haven't done this yet. The Tundra also had the soft open tailgate in that 2007, something that Ram still didn't have on their trucks when I bought my 2014 Laramie. Something so simple too.

Users who are viewing this thread