5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6th Gen Wish List

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 6th Gen wish list

Just in case FCA is listening,

1. 2” less front overhang, 1.5” less rear seat legroom, 1.5” longer overall, thus a 6’0” crew cab bed (those inches mean a lot - FCA, think competitive advantage)
  2. Twin turbo or supercharged straight six - 4.0L, 400 HP, 400 ft/lbs - think “modern Hemi”
  3. A “Custom” air suspension mode, where the truck goes into Normal, and gives you a customizable front and rear adjustment +/- 20mm. I’d run F+0, R-15.
  4. An MFT you don’t have to slam ( aim high, think Cadillac self-close doors, that do the last 2 inches automatically)
  5. Plug in hybrid option - I wanna drive 40mi (mixed) on electric. Not pure electric, still need combustion for long distance towing. Also should have a Tow mode where the electric assists at low speeds and up hills, and a Perf mode, where the 100-150hp electric adds to engine power.
  6. True 1500 - 1500 # payload for loaded Laramie and typical Limiteds (that’s like +200)
  7. Big rear window option - so long stuff can pass thru (hate the fact that my station wagon can carry longer stuff than my pickup - maybe a fold-down front seat, like the Swedes have?. Or even better, an Avalanche option, where the whole rear window folds up and in...)
  8. Torsen rear diff option
  9. Three section rear seat with center cooler option (I can live w/o the rear seat sliding)
  10. Quad cab rear seatback that’s not so straight up and hard

Number your wishes sequentially after the last post - Be realistic - and note the numbers of pervious posts that you would want. On Valentine’s Day, we can add’em up and see what the top ten wishes are...

Oh, and while we’re on the subject: Higher standards for dealer Service Managers (think Mercedes or Lexus-level training; no vehicle I’ve ever owned has come with such poor quality Dealer Service Managers)

Ramjeep

Reaction score
1. Make better use of the 12" screen ( Full size apps such as car play)
2. Wireless CarPlay/AA ( I have a dongle for this now)
3. Give the option for different type of shifter. I don't hate the rotoray dial but definitely not my favorite
4. take the huge rake out of trucks with the Off Road Group/Rebel, as they don't have the max tow anyways
5. Full Digital dash. Again I like the current one but now that ford and soon GMC will have it. Make the interior look more modern
6. I'm perfectly fine with the 5.7 but some folks want the 6.4 so bring that over to the 1500.
7. Roll Down rear window aka Tundra

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1 - FIX THE DAMN APP and make it FREE!!!!
2 - more payload.. atleast 300lbs more
3 - More powerful / more fuel efficient gas engine choice. Prefer a V8, but not 100% against a TT6'er if done right
4 - give us something between the 3.92's and the 3.23's with a 10k towing capacity
5 - better Navigation / Infotainment software..
6 - let the Longhorn be able to have the 'sport' hood!!! 🙃

****have to add get rid of the knob shifter and bring back the console shifter

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Torsen rear is a very good idea.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 045590 miles.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Not asking for much...

1. Smarter UConnect (hopefully coming next 2022 MY in UConnect5), as well as higher-res screens. The current ones are not that great.
2. Trucks with cold AC
3 . Trucks that don't leak
4. Trucks without brake squeal and/or chirp
5. Trucks with RAMBoxes that are not warped
6. Free remote app
7. Better AS (include drive modes).
8. Electric steering adjustment with memory
9. TT V6 Hybrid
10. Digital cluster
11. Color-selectable ambient lighting

BNeal

Reaction score
More cool than the 5th gen, no mechanical or tech problems, and lower price. woot, woot...!

CaptainSumTingWong

Reaction score
400 lbs more payload in the limited
Power adjustable steering wheel with memory link
An actual locking center diff when using 4lo not clutch pack
AC outlet in the bed that is powerful enough to run power tools

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
QUALITY.

Get some employees on the line in QC who know what they hell they are doing. There are a couple vids on Youtube showing the Ram manufacturing process in Sterling Heights. You can see towards the end the QC personnel lazily walking around the vehicle and touching it here/there. Fire their *** and get a group of QC inspectors that give a damn. If the paint is orange peel, reject it. If the doors don't close correctly, reject it. If the interior dash trim doesn't line up, reject it. Our Rams have worked mechanically perfect from day one but my eye can see quality issues which should have been caught at the factory.

Build a reputation on solid quality and Ford/GM won't stand a chance. Look at Toyota, they have been known for quality for years and still sell the Tacomas/Tundras despite having zilch for technology. I'm not saying they are the best selling trucks in the world but one of the few reasons people purchase them is because of their perceived quality.

flyfingers

Reaction score
  • Move oil filter to better location
  • Improve fuel economy
  • Extend front seat legroom
  • Column shifter
  • Decrease A-Pillar thickness for improved visibility
  • Eliminate trailer steer option - so very worthless
  • Improve throttle lag
  • Make wheel liners standard equipment
  • LED interior lights

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
3.55 gear option
More hp and Tq, up by 10% or so.
All trucks get a 33-36 gallon tank, long beds the bigger size.
Dual battery or bigger alternator (220 amp) option like Sprinters have.
Of course more payload, 2000# for lower trims, at least 1750# for higher trim trucks.
Fix the darn ac blend door and all other forum reported issues!
Another interior color choice instead of 95% if them being black.
Tow trailer mirrors that fold and slightly bigger folding non-tow mirrors.
A digital 4 place voltmeter that can be put into the cluster display in the corners (13.10 for example).
Make more/better tie downs standard in the bed, not an option...
I like the GM footstep on the corners of the bumper, steal that feature.
Ft camera available as a standalone option.

That’s enough for me.
I’d buy one, AOC and GM going all electric by 2035 be damme(d).

Ramtrx

Reaction score
I hope that’s your wish list. Some of that for a truck, uh no thanks.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2nd others on these

1. 3.55 gears option with hemi
2. Hybrid/electric option and new gas options
3. Wireless carplay
4. Unconnected

My additions
1. Advanced safety tech - ACC, lane keep, highbeams. collision standard or avail on all trims.
2. Mopar truck cap factory option color matched from factory and under warranty.
3. LED headlights standard.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
1 optional slant 6
2 higher payload
3 3.55 gears
4 some more stand alone options instead of packages
5 optional factory lift
6 full rear window roll down
7 ceramic tint option
8 adjustable convex mirror
9 optional composite bed
10 more tie downs in the bed

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I understand the gripe about payload. But exactly what do you really expect them to do. The 1994 Ram 1500 had a GVWR of 6400lbs. They now have 7100 even 7200 with ecoDiesel.

Back the 2500 in 1994 had an available GVWR of 7500 or 8800 depending on light or heavy duty.

And these 1500 trucks do have 2000lbs of payload if you equip it right. But a Limited...well it is limited.

And in 8 ish years when the 6th Gen comes out...i have one wish...a pick up would go back to being a pick up...but that isnt going to happen.

It will be awesome if we still have V8 or diesel trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread