5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6th Gen Wish List

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You can turn that off in the Uconnect.

One for the list, make the 6'4" bed 6'6" like GM....I could fit an 8' length of lumber in my 04 Silverado flat on the bed floor diagonally with the tailgate shut, but it is just shy (2") of fitting in the Ram.
Not sure if that's an option with the 12", no way to turn it off with the 8.4

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
How about a slide out bed extender say 2.5 + feet long made out of the sorta a 5.5 to 8’ extension... but with a floor...
1612283901952.jpeg
1612284125426.jpeg

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can't believe nobody mentioned to outside temperature gauge!
-Get it out of the drivers side mirror and back near the grille where it should be!!
-I've never had a vehicle with such an inaccurate outside temp gauge. It reads way too high when the sun hits the mirror.
-It takes much longer to adjust to the actual temp since it's burried inside the mirror.
Really poor engineering choice, would love to know the reason they did that.

jimchi

Reaction score
I‘d take a Tesla for free, they have great performance however I just can’t see an entire make dropping the internal combustion engine though when looking at the coming “tidal wave” of environmental/anti oil regulations and decrees, it’s bound to happen.

Better enjoy your TRX’s and Chargers before AOC gets ahold of the Dept of Energy or Transportation...🙄🚙🚚
While conservative pundits are obsessed with and love to take swings at AOC (but often miss), it's really a variety of factors that are leading to vehicle electrification. Compared to CAFE regulations, consumer preference, technology improvements, and other market forces have more to do with the direction automakers are going in terms of powertrain decisions. Either way, there will still be performance vehicles - electric motors tend to be torque monsters (e.g. Tesla, like you said). The new Hummer EV is going to make 1000HP!

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
While conservative pundits are obsessed with and love to take swings at AOC (but often miss), it's really a variety of factors that are leading to vehicle electrification. Compared to CAFE regulations, consumer preference, technology improvements, and other market forces have more to do with the direction automakers are going in terms of powertrain decisions. Either way, there will still be performance vehicles - electric motors tend to be torque monsters (e.g. Tesla, like you said). The new Hummer EV is going to make 1000HP!
Definately one thing right, I do love taking swings at that individual, hope her borough is thrilled with her.
I can’t see consumer preference being so amped up for electric vehicles everywhere in the country that they are pressuring GM to make the change. “General Motors plans to completely phase out vehicles using internal combustion engines by 2035, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Mary Barra announced Thursday. The automaker will go completely carbon neutral at all facilities worldwide by 2035.”

Maybe it’s the farmers and ranchers that are advocating for plugging in... To loosely paraphrase Al Goreski, gotta’ retrain all those coal miners (and gas /diesel engine mechanics) to make solar panels...🙄

jimchi

Reaction score
Definately one thing right, I do love taking swings at that individual, hope her borough is thrilled with her.
I can’t see consumer preference being so amped up for electric vehicles everywhere in the country that they are pressuring GM to make the change. “General Motors plans to completely phase out vehicles using internal combustion engines by 2035, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Mary Barra announced Thursday. The automaker will go completely carbon neutral at all facilities worldwide by 2035.”

Maybe it’s the farmers and ranchers that are advocating for plugging in... To loosely paraphrase Al Goreski, gotta’ retrain all those coal miners (and gas /diesel engine mechanics) to make solar panels...🙄
Look at the excitement for the Hummer EV or the Rivian trucks as a testament to the consumer preference. Check out the growth Tesla has seen in their stock price and market cap. over the past few years.

As for the farmers, here are a few articles I found:

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1. A Option for a 50 Gallon tank. Us serious towers hate the stops.
2. A chromatic digital button pano roof option.
3. 500+ HP and 500+ Ft Lb Torque.
4. Full use of the 12" screen, to the edge.
5. control of the rear seat heating and cooling from the 12" screen.
6. Payload of 2,000+ lbs for even the most upfitted trims so you can have a 5 person filled truck with a 5th wheel in tow.
7. Bed length of 6' Feet Crew, and 7.5' Feet Quad cab and single cab 8' option.
8. Tailgate cables that are the same length.
9. Added Tie downs or hooks that are at the top of the bed under the rail.

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1. A Option for a 50 Gallon tank. Us serious towers hate the stops.
2. A chromatic digital button pano roof option.
3. 500+ HP and 500+ Ft Lb Torque.
4. Full use of the 12" screen, to the edge.
5. control of the rear seat heating and cooling from the 12" screen.
6. Payload of 2,000+ lbs for even the most upfitted trims so you can have a 5 person filled truck with a 5th wheel in tow.
7. Bed length of 6' Feet Crew, and 7.5' Feet Quad cab and single cab 8' option.
8. Tailgate cables that are the same length.
9. Added Tie downs or hooks that are at the top of the bed under the rail.
While those are excellent suggestions, that is way, way ,way overkill for 98% of half ton truck buyers.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
**1 more for the list: A way to turn off the auto-braking when reversing, useless "safety" feature!!
YES!!!!!!
I have this turned off on my bighorn - it was slamming the brakes every time I backed out of my driveway - You can disable it in the UConnect menu.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Look at the excitement for the Hummer EV or the Rivian trucks as a testament to the consumer preference. Check out the growth Tesla has seen in their stock price and market cap. over the past few years.

As for the farmers, here are a few articles I found:
Theres always a few but that 10,000’ extension cord will be hard to roll up when you are out fixing fences...
Oh and I am violently against battery powered vehicles and mowers, it’s all a communist plot...

Attachments

• 9DD4AE42-83B4-416B-ADD2-282F5B66C38C.jpeg
    9DD4AE42-83B4-416B-ADD2-282F5B66C38C.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 24

Cgo

Reaction score
Definitely better QC. Body panels that actually match (paint hue differences at least in Ivory White), color choice ambient lighting, better fuel economy on the gas engines.

Cgo

Reaction score
I've noticed that on mine, too. Usually it's the plastic pieces that take on that "pissed-on white" yellowish hue.

Steve
Yup! One of the front "fangs" is yellow ish and the other is super white. Neither match the steel panels. Lol

HemiDude

Reaction score
I turned it off in my 8.4

From the manual:
View attachment 81473
Yes, you can disable the auto parking brake. What I was referring to, and I believe the poster with whom I was agreeing, is the automatic braking while backing up. Specifically for me, I want to be able to back up with the driver's door open and not have to buckle the seatbelt. I know I can bypass it temporarily, I would like to be able to disable it completely.

slatersan

Reaction score

15 years ago, could you have seen consumer preference trending towards $70k trucks with opulent interiors?

Things(technology AND consumer preferences) change, often rapidly.

Last edited:

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, you can disable the auto parking brake. What I was referring to, and I believe the poster with whom I was agreeing, is the automatic braking while backing up. Specifically for me, I want to be able to back up with the driver's door open and not have to buckle the seatbelt. I know I can bypass it temporarily, I would like to be able to disable it completely.
Seems to be lots of confusion around this issue. You can turn off both the rear automatic braking and the auto parking break in unconnected. In my truck you can also disable the rear sensors with the toggle switch. You can manually release the parking break to move with your seatbelt off but I don't believe you can override the system that prevents you from using reverse with the door open.

Users who are viewing this thread