5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Gen RAM Instagram story!!!

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cbty2050… Good point, sounds like it’s a give and take which isn’t unreasonable.

I think there’s a point in modding when you know you’ve gone to far or that your asking for trouble when you abuse said vehicle then expect a warranty claim when something related breaks. It’s just the route you’ve taken.

Its OP case yeah I can see them not wanting to do anything when it comes to say suspension issues or maybe even trans related issues from the lift/tires but something well documenting to be an issue w/ the 3rd brake light/rear window leaks shouldn’t be any issue especially when its unrelated. The service dept failed from the get go probably used the bs look its modded.. look at the lift etc just to avoid having to do the repair when of course its completely unrelated. Im sure this isn’t the first nor last time they’ll have someone coming in with this issue. At least the 3rd brake light been an issue since at least the 3rd gen Rams.

Not sure how this relates in the great state of Cali and with your insurance company but maybe they can help with the glass replacement or I might know someone that will be happy to break the rear glass for free lol.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t have much proof at this point tbh. I didn’t record the calls because I wasn’t expecting it to turn out like this unfortunately. I don’t know for certain, but I’m pretty sure it was Huntington Beach Ram in HB California. I know they told corporate my truck had modifications so I’m sure they were the cause. That dealership besides this incident was still the absolute worst dealership I’ve ever entered. I 1000% recommend not doing business with them even though they have some of the lowest prices usually. They sneak in other fees, they’re shady, rude and horrible to deal with. Never thought adding a lift kit to my truck when it was 1 month old would completely invalidate my entire warranty on completely unrelated things. The corporate woman literally implied my bigger tires caused the 3rd brake light to leak. Lmao
Well the bigger tires did put you closer to the rain.

But seriously, that's pretty bad. There's obviously no correlation.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's extremely frustrating to hear. Nothing like screwing a guy over for something completely unrelated to the problem. Not a good look for RAM allowing this to happen no matter what their dealer says.

So much for not being able to deny your warranty due to vehicle mods unless they actually caused the problem. It's a shame one dealership can screw someone over so bad. I would tell everyone I know to spread the word about how shady they are. Doesn't take much these days to black list a business.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How many dealers and technicians have lied/stolen from the manufacturer to get paid for things that were never done?

The manufacturer has to audit/check the dealers to keep them honest. Crazy part is if you are replacing a said part like a head gasket. They may not ask for the head gasket back, they may ask for a random seal or bolt you replaced. The #1 part that is called back for hemi camshaft replacement is the oil pan gasket. Stellantis wants the pan dropped and the metal cleaned out. Many techs skip this part die to the time it takes. Once a dealer is found to be a risk for fraudulent activity they get more and more things recalled and checked.

Your technician friend bitching about the loss of time on a job. How many jobs does he do in half the time? 5.7 hemi manifolds, both sides done in less that 2 hours. I'm getting paid 5.4 hours under warranty. 3.6l LH cylinder heads, 4 hours max, paid 8-10 hrs depending on the model. You see
I totally understand that point as well and agree with you, there just needs to be a reasonable balance, denying warranty on a window because the suspension is modified is ridiculous.

In a nutshell, I believe we can all agree that many of these manufacturers can and should do better for their customers.

BowDown

Reaction score
Oh dang I randomly logged in and saw this haha.
Sooo, long story short:
Ram voided my entire warranty including recall repairs because my truck has a lift kit. That’s the only mod they know the truck has. They were informed because I went to get warrantied work done and the dealership told Ram corporate that my truck was modified and Ram immediately put a full restriction on my entire warranty and Ram refuses to work on it. I tried to fight my way up the chain at Ram corporate and they essentially told me to kick rocks and when I brought up the magnusson moss act or however you spell it - the one that says the manufacturer is legally required to prove your modification caused the problem - they basically laughed and said go ahead and press that issue, Ram has better lawyers and you’ll give up before you ever get your truck fixed. Now here’s the kicker, all I was trying to get fixed was the leaking rear window/3rd brake light!! It has an extended warranty to 150k miles and Ram even voided that warranty. This isn’t the first time they’ve screwed me out of warranty either. When my truck was 2 months old they denied all warranty claims when my front diff, driveshaft, and CVs broke while NOT MOVING on a dirt trail. I was in 4x4 dead stopped, put it in reverse and as soon as I pressed the gas I heard a big clunk and all the warning lights came on and there was metal and grease under the truck. It was a $4500 repair and they didn’t cover a single penny of it because the truck had a 4” BDS lift kit. When I spoke to the ram employee from corporate on the phone she said ANY modification whatsoever is grounds to terminate the warranty. I argued with her and she could care less. Ram has by far the worst customer care of any company ever and I’ve received HUNDREDS of DMs from fellow Ram owners explaining how poorly Ram has treated them as well. Now myself and many other people are refusing to buy future Ram trucks because the brand is so corrupt. I understand my truck is heavily modified, but putting a FULL WARRANTY VOID on a new truck because of a lift kit is absolutely insane. Lift kit voided a leaking rear window. Ha. Gotta love it. Will not be a Ram customer again because of this mess.

This is why I've said what I said to people about fighting the manufacturer and using Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act as leverage. It ain't gonna work. I'm sure that if you had deep enough pockets that you'd ultimately prevail but by then, you'd have spent more than the vehicle costs in legal fees.

If you value your warranty, don't mess with the vehicle until its warranty has expired

BowDown

Reaction score
I don’t have much proof at this point tbh. I didn’t record the calls because I wasn’t expecting it to turn out like this unfortunately. I don’t know for certain, but I’m pretty sure it was Huntington Beach Ram in HB California. I know they told corporate my truck had modifications so I’m sure they were the cause. That dealership besides this incident was still the absolute worst dealership I’ve ever entered. I 1000% recommend not doing business with them even though they have some of the lowest prices usually. They sneak in other fees, they’re shady, rude and horrible to deal with. Never thought adding a lift kit to my truck when it was 1 month old would completely invalidate my entire warranty on completely unrelated things. The corporate woman literally implied my bigger tires caused the 3rd brake light to leak. Lmao

It almost sounds like they, the dealer, were looking to punish you. They could have simply refused to work on it and moved on but they brought in corporate and flagged your entire warranty

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh dang I randomly logged in and saw this haha.
Sooo, long story short:
Ram voided my entire warranty including recall repairs because my truck has a lift kit. That’s the only mod they know the truck has. They were informed because I went to get warrantied work done and the dealership told Ram corporate that my truck was modified and Ram immediately put a full restriction on my entire warranty and Ram refuses to work on it. I tried to fight my way up the chain at Ram corporate and they essentially told me to kick rocks and when I brought up the magnusson moss act or however you spell it - the one that says the manufacturer is legally required to prove your modification caused the problem - they basically laughed and said go ahead and press that issue, Ram has better lawyers and you’ll give up before you ever get your truck fixed. Now here’s the kicker, all I was trying to get fixed was the leaking rear window/3rd brake light!! It has an extended warranty to 150k miles and Ram even voided that warranty. This isn’t the first time they’ve screwed me out of warranty either. When my truck was 2 months old they denied all warranty claims when my front diff, driveshaft, and CVs broke while NOT MOVING on a dirt trail. I was in 4x4 dead stopped, put it in reverse and as soon as I pressed the gas I heard a big clunk and all the warning lights came on and there was metal and grease under the truck. It was a $4500 repair and they didn’t cover a single penny of it because the truck had a 4” BDS lift kit. When I spoke to the ram employee from corporate on the phone she said ANY modification whatsoever is grounds to terminate the warranty. I argued with her and she could care less. Ram has by far the worst customer care of any company ever and I’ve received HUNDREDS of DMs from fellow Ram owners explaining how poorly Ram has treated them as well. Now myself and many other people are refusing to buy future Ram trucks because the brand is so corrupt. I understand my truck is heavily modified, but putting a FULL WARRANTY VOID on a new truck because of a lift kit is absolutely insane. Lift kit voided a leaking rear window. Ha. Gotta love it. Will not be a Ram customer again because of this mess.
I hate that this happened to you but I wonder if you press this issue and they see the video of you drilling into your 3rd brake light if that would hurt any argument you present. I know you sealed it back up properly but they will find any loop hole and exploit it.
IMG_7252.png

BowDown

Reaction score
How many dealers and technicians have lied/stolen from the manufacturer to get paid for things that were never done?

The manufacturer has to audit/check the dealers to keep them honest. Crazy part is if you are replacing a said part like a head gasket. They may not ask for the head gasket back, they may ask for a random seal or bolt you replaced. The #1 part that is called back for hemi camshaft replacement is the oil pan gasket. Stellantis wants the pan dropped and the metal cleaned out. Many techs skip this part die to the time it takes. Once a dealer is found to be a risk for fraudulent activity they get more and more things recalled and checked.

Your technician friend bitching about the loss of time on a job. How many jobs does he do in half the time? 5.7 hemi manifolds, both sides done in less that 2 hours. I'm getting paid 5.4 hours under warranty. 3.6l LH cylinder heads, 4 hours max, paid 8-10 hrs depending on the model. You see

100% believe that.

I have a customer that I provide IT support for. He's a pool builder and tells me that he routinely gets out of warranty parts warrantied by scamming the manufacturer. He'll build a pool and install new equipment and at the same time have another customer that has say a filter, pump or pool controller die outside warranty. He'll pull the SN off the newly built pool component and submit it to the manufacturer as a failed part and a new unit is sent. He'll either install the new warranty replacement unit on the newly built pool and take their functioning part to the pool with the failed part or take the new warranty replacement part directly to the pool with the failed part and replace it.

Sometimes the new pool owner ends up with no warranty on pool components, sometimes the owner with the failed part that gets the "warranty" part gets a "1 time good will warranty" so he can charge them next time. I've come to find out that this is a common problem among pool/HVAC/appliance installation contractors.
People are shady AF

BowDown

Reaction score
I hate that this happened to you but I wonder if you press this issue and they see the video of you drilling into your 3rd brake light if that would hurt any argument you present. I know you sealed it back up properly but they will find any loop hole and exploit it.
View attachment 176385

Wait.
This was done and posted on the internet?

I know for a fact that OEM's browse SM looking at post of people modding vehicles then figuring out whos who and voiding warranties. I've seen it on the hellcat forums, corvette forum and heard about it on mustang forums.

I've seen dodgeofficial following and liking many streetakeover vids on instagram. I've always wondered if they were gathering info on people abusing the cars so they can deny service when the car shows up at the dealer for warranty work

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is why I've said what I said to people about fighting the manufacturer and using Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act as leverage. It ain't gonna work. I'm sure that if you had deep enough pockets that you'd ultimately prevail but by then, you'd have spent more than the vehicle costs in legal fees.

If you value your warranty, don't mess with the vehicle until its warranty has expired
You don't need deep pockets to fight warranty repairs. If you have a legit case, and win, all your legal fees will be paid by manufacturer as part of the settlement. Will also get compensation for lost time due to dealer neglect.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
You don't need deep pockets to fight warranty repairs. If you have a legit case, and win, all your legal fees will be paid by manufacturer as part of the settlement. Will also get compensation for lost time due to dealer neglect.
That's a state by state basis. Some states do not allow legal fees to be won even if the manufacturer is in the wrong.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Can an Auto Warranty be Voided?​

There are some situations where an auto warranty may be voided if certain conditions are present. Some examples of circumstances that may cause an auto warranty to become voided or invalidated include:

• When an auto warranty has expired;
  • If an auto warranty policy does not apply to a specific defect, car part, or flaw;
  • When someone other than the original buyer is attempting to claim a particular warranty;
  • If an automobile was used for a nonconventional purpose (e.g., off-roading);
  • When the owner of an automobile holds salvage title;
  • If one of the parts of a vehicle was tampered with (e.g., reducing the amount of mileage displayed on a car’s odometer); and/or
  • Various other reasons that may apply based on individual circumstances.
As is evident from the above information, there are many reasons why an auto warranty may be voided. An example of how this might occur is if a car owner attempts to file a claim using an expired warranty. In which case, their auto warranty will already be deemed to be expired and thus voided, meaning they would not be able to recover damages or receive a refund for a purchase.

In addition, a car owner may also be denied a warranty claim for repairs if they have used the car in an unintended way, such as driving it off a cliff or to participate in off-roading activities.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I find it ironic that they specifically state “off-roading,” yet in all the Ram commercials I’ve recently seen on TV, there are multiple Ram trucks participating in obvious Offroad activities. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I find it ironic that they specifically state “off-roading,” yet in all the Ram commercials I’ve recently seen on TV, there are multiple Ram trucks participating in obvious Offroad activities. 🤷🏼‍♂️
And, it it is lifted, then it is obviously being used off road.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
And, it it is lifted, then it is obviously being used off road.
Do you realize how many "city folk" get their trucks lifted?
None of that has to do with a customer improvement campaign (3rd brake light leak). Are we reading the same thread?

Dewey

Reaction score
Yep. Guess I got scammed with the Off Road Group package on my truck. Can’t use it anymore.

That 4X4 OFF ROAD sticker on my box is false advertising as well.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Just to update y’all. I called corporate again today. Yesterday they told me my warranty was void but they had absolutely no notes in their system as to WHY lol. I asked to speak with a supervisor but none were available. So I called back today with the case number and they said “your case has been closed. In our notes it says your vehicle has larger than stock tires that were installed outside of the dealership so you have a full restriction on your warranty and there is nothing else Ram can do for you”. I laughed and hung up. Bigger tires caused the rear window to crack and leak 😂 hilarious. And for the comment above about the hole I drilled in my roof - I could totally see them not covering the 3rd brake light issue because of that. I still would’ve been frustrated, but I knew that was a risk when I did it. Thankfully my handy work is NOT leaking haha. BUT the actual rear window has the cracks on the frame that is pictured in the bulletin they issued customers about the extended warranty on the back glass. My hole didn’t crack the surround lol. Oh well. I already fixed the issue myself today. I added a much thicker weather strip to the 3rd brake light and then I applied black polyurethane caulk around the entire window. Should be great now. One funny thing about all this is the fact that in December the dealership replaced my lifters and both manifolds under warranty and they didn’t notice until AFTER my truck was done that there was a full restriction on my warranty 😂 so they didn’t get paid by corporate. One small win for me, one big loss for the dealership. I don’t feel bad because that dealer treated people bad.

BowDown

Reaction score
Just to update y’all. I called corporate again today. Yesterday they told me my warranty was void but they had absolutely no notes in their system as to WHY lol. I asked to speak with a supervisor but none were available. So I called back today with the case number and they said “your case has been closed. In our notes it says your vehicle has larger than stock tires that were installed outside of the dealership so you have a full restriction on your warranty and there is nothing else Ram can do for you”. I laughed and hung up. Bigger tires caused the rear window to crack and leak 😂 hilarious. And for the comment above about the hole I drilled in my roof - I could totally see them not covering the 3rd brake light issue because of that. I still would’ve been frustrated, but I knew that was a risk when I did it. Thankfully my handy work is NOT leaking haha. BUT the actual rear window has the cracks on the frame that is pictured in the bulletin they issued customers about the extended warranty on the back glass. My hole didn’t crack the surround lol. Oh well. I already fixed the issue myself today. I added a much thicker weather strip to the 3rd brake light and then I applied black polyurethane caulk around the entire window. Should be great now. One funny thing about all this is the fact that in December the dealership replaced my lifters and both manifolds under warranty and they didn’t notice until AFTER my truck was done that there was a full restriction on my warranty 😂 so they didn’t get paid by corporate. One small win for me, one big loss for the dealership. I don’t feel bad because that dealer treated people bad.

How'd they not notice that before even assigning the job to a tech?
When I took my truck in for the AC TSB and the exhaust manifolds, they had my warranty pulled up and validated before i left the service drive.

I don't see how they would have been able to do the work under warranty without verifying warranty status first. That's a weird dealership

Users who are viewing this thread