5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Gen RAM Instagram story!!!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If yall have Instagram, go to @5thgen.ram account right now and check out his story about RAM refusing warranty for back glass leak. absolutely ridiculous!!!
I have Instagram I use for pictures of my Ram, but I have absolutely no clue how to read stories of people by searching. I looked him up, but can only see his pics and videos, none of which were about back glass warranty

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
I have Instagram I use for pictures of my Ram, but I have absolutely no clue how to read stories of people by searching. I looked him up, but can only see his pics and videos, none of which were about back glass warranty
So when you click his profile on search bar to his page, click name, then when on his profile, click the circle thumb nail (his profile picture) and it will start showing his stories.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Oh dang I randomly logged in and saw this haha.
Sooo, long story short:
Ram voided my entire warranty including recall repairs because my truck has a lift kit. That’s the only mod they know the truck has. They were informed because I went to get warrantied work done and the dealership told Ram corporate that my truck was modified and Ram immediately put a full restriction on my entire warranty and Ram refuses to work on it. I tried to fight my way up the chain at Ram corporate and they essentially told me to kick rocks and when I brought up the magnusson moss act or however you spell it - the one that says the manufacturer is legally required to prove your modification caused the problem - they basically laughed and said go ahead and press that issue, Ram has better lawyers and you’ll give up before you ever get your truck fixed. Now here’s the kicker, all I was trying to get fixed was the leaking rear window/3rd brake light!! It has an extended warranty to 150k miles and Ram even voided that warranty. This isn’t the first time they’ve screwed me out of warranty either. When my truck was 2 months old they denied all warranty claims when my front diff, driveshaft, and CVs broke while NOT MOVING on a dirt trail. I was in 4x4 dead stopped, put it in reverse and as soon as I pressed the gas I heard a big clunk and all the warning lights came on and there was metal and grease under the truck. It was a $4500 repair and they didn’t cover a single penny of it because the truck had a 4” BDS lift kit. When I spoke to the ram employee from corporate on the phone she said ANY modification whatsoever is grounds to terminate the warranty. I argued with her and she could care less. Ram has by far the worst customer care of any company ever and I’ve received HUNDREDS of DMs from fellow Ram owners explaining how poorly Ram has treated them as well. Now myself and many other people are refusing to buy future Ram trucks because the brand is so corrupt. I understand my truck is heavily modified, but putting a FULL WARRANTY VOID on a new truck because of a lift kit is absolutely insane. Lift kit voided a leaking rear window. Ha. Gotta love it. Will not be a Ram customer again because of this mess.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sooo, long story short:
Ram voided my entire warranty including recall repairs because my truck has a lift kit. That’s the only mod they know the truck has. They were informed because I went to get warrantied work done and the dealership told Ram corporate that my truck was modified and Ram immediately put a full restriction on my entire warranty and Ram refuses to work on it. I tried to fight my way up the chain at Ram corporate and they essentially told me to kick rocks and when I brought up the magnusson moss act or however you spell it - the one that says the manufacturer is legally required to prove your modification caused the problem - they basically laughed and said go ahead and press that issue, Ram has better lawyers and you’ll give up before you ever get your truck fixed. Now here’s the kicker, all I was trying to get fixed was the leaking rear window/3rd brake light!! It has an extended warranty to 150k miles and Ram even voided that warranty. This isn’t the first time they’ve screwed me out of warranty either. When my truck was 2 months old they denied all warranty claims when my front diff, driveshaft, and CVs broke while NOT MOVING on a dirt trail. I was in 4x4 dead stopped, put it in reverse and as soon as I pressed the gas I heard a big clunk and all the warning lights came on and there was metal and grease under the truck. It was a $4500 repair and they didn’t cover a single penny of it because the truck had a 4” BDS lift kit. When I spoke to the ram employee from corporate on the phone she said ANY modification whatsoever is grounds to terminate the warranty. I argued with her and she could care less. Ram has by far the worst customer care of any company ever and I’ve received HUNDREDS of DMs from fellow Ram owners explaining how poorly Ram has treated them as well. Now myself and many other people are refusing to buy future Ram trucks because the brand is so corrupt. I understand my truck is heavily modified, but putting a FULL WARRANTY VOID on a new truck because of a lift kit is absolutely insane. Lift kit voided a leaking rear window. Ha. Gotta love it. Will not be a Ram customer again because of this mess.
Don't think other manufacturers are any better. Had a local friend who bought one of the first year ZL1 supercharged Camaros. He had horrible oil consumption. Was burning almkst 1qt every 500 miles, and many other owners reporting similar issues. Dealer documented it and Chevy told him it was "within specs". He was a car guy and had added exhaust and intake. He kept pushing Chevy for a new engine because of excessive oil consumption. Chevy ended up black flagging his vin, meaning zero warranty, because they said his mods caused the oil consumption. Even though he had been taking it to dealer for that issue before he made any modifications.

Chevy also has voided the warranty on many new Corvettes because they placed a restriction on selling by original owner within the first 6 months of ownerships. This was to prevent people from trying to flip them. It still happened, and every one resold "early" now has no warranty for any future owners.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Don't think other manufacturers are any better. Had a local friend who bought one of the first year ZL1 supercharged Camaros. He had horrible oil consumption. Was burning almkst 1qt every 500 miles, and many other owners reporting similar issues. Dealer documented it and Chevy told him it was "within specs". He was a car guy and had added exhaust and intake. He kept pushing Chevy for a new engine because of excessive oil consumption. Chevy ended up black flagging his vin, meaning zero warranty, because they said his mods caused the oil consumption. Even though he had been taking it to dealer for that issue before he made any modifications.

Chevy also has voided the warranty on many new Corvettes because they placed a restriction on selling by original owner within the first 6 months of ownerships. This was to prevent people from trying to flip them. It still happened, and every one resold "early" now has no warranty for any future owners.
Wow that’s crazy man!

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sooo, long story short:
Have you spoken to an attorney? Wonder if you can do a suit and make extra money due to the haste including attorney fees, sounds like malicious intent and a judge would not be happy to hear them say they have better lawyers and you will give up and likely fine them much harder, assuming you have proof they said it. Make sure you keep stuff in writing and record and phone calls you can.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Have you spoken to an attorney? Wonder if you can do a suit and make extra money due to the haste including attorney fees, sounds like malicious intent and a judge would not be happy to hear them say they have better lawyers and you will give up and likely fine them much harder, assuming you have proof they said it. Make sure you keep stuff in writing and record and phone calls you can.
Totally agree man. Unfortunately I just feel like it’s not even worth the stress right now - I got enough going on in life right now haha. I do need to record all future calls tho! Thanks for the suggestion

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Totally agree man. Unfortunately I just feel like it’s not even worth the stress right now - I got enough going on in life right now haha. I do need to record all future calls tho! Thanks for the suggestion
Depending on what documentation and proof you have might be worth just calling an attorney and seeing what they say.
I have seen smaller cases get big settlements that you think would go nowhere, but yeah I feel you, nothing you can do except fight then because the US has almost no protections about vehicle manufacturers for warranty for some reason. Burdon of proof is on the manufacturer, but we are not provided legal assistance to enforce it so what's the point. I know some states you are not allowed to get attorney fees back in a settlement too so no one even takes the cases.

Do you know what dealership black balled you? Can at least name and shame it so people know who to avoid.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I don’t have much proof at this point tbh. I didn’t record the calls because I wasn’t expecting it to turn out like this unfortunately. I don’t know for certain, but I’m pretty sure it was Huntington Beach Ram in HB California. I know they told corporate my truck had modifications so I’m sure they were the cause. That dealership besides this incident was still the absolute worst dealership I’ve ever entered. I 1000% recommend not doing business with them even though they have some of the lowest prices usually. They sneak in other fees, they’re shady, rude and horrible to deal with. Never thought adding a lift kit to my truck when it was 1 month old would completely invalidate my entire warranty on completely unrelated things. The corporate woman literally implied my bigger tires caused the 3rd brake light to leak. Lmao

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t have much proof at this point tbh. I didn’t record the calls because I wasn’t expecting it to turn out like this unfortunately. I don’t know for certain, but I’m pretty sure it was Huntington Beach Ram in HB California. I know they told corporate my truck had modifications so I’m sure they were the cause. That dealership besides this incident was still the absolute worst dealership I’ve ever entered. I 1000% recommend not doing business with them even though they have some of the lowest prices usually. They sneak in other fees, they’re shady, rude and horrible to deal with. Never thought adding a lift kit to my truck when it was 1 month old would completely invalidate my entire warranty on completely unrelated things. The corporate woman literally implied my bigger tires caused the 3rd brake light to leak. Lmao
FWIW, suspension modifications, can't void the entire warrsnty. They can void portions of the warranty pertaining to the parts you modified. And if you get a decent lawyer, would be little to no stress for you. The lawyer could handle 90% of it without needing you. And if it's a pretty cut and dry case, some will do it for the settlement alone. So little outfit pocket for you

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
FWIW, suspension modifications, can't void the entire warrsnty. They can void portions of the warranty pertaining to the parts you modified. And if you get a decent lawyer, would be little to no stress for you. The lawyer could handle 90% of it without needing you. And if it's a pretty cut and dry case, some will do it for the settlement alone. So little outfit pocket for you
This is true, but some states have different rules about what they can claim, and costs can exceed the cost of the suit. Not sure about California.
He only has a 3rd break leak so not like his engine blew and is trying to claim warranty. Sounds like the dealer he's been working with has been terrible too, probably just squirt silocone as a gasket and call it a day :(

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow, that is really crapy on Ram's part and the dealership.

GM is pretty much the same when it comes to warranty, I have had to fight with them on every little thing with my Yukon and when I had my Sierra.

These large companies make getting reimbursed for warranty claims so difficult that many dealers do whatever they can to not even do warranty work.

I have a good friend who is VW tech and its the same :poop: with warranty and many times VW will deny payment and the dealership has to eat the cost. It's a no-win situation for the end consumer.

He was telling me the Atlas with VR6 has lifter and head gasket issues, very well documented with TSB and such, they do so many of these repairs and the procedures/process are the same each time, however, VW never pays the same, they will give 6hrs for one car and 10 hrs the next car, its a complete :poop: show.

It has gotten so bad, that the dealership will only sell their new cars with the extended warranty, so they keep customers, as the extended warranty is far easier to deal with. Absolutely nuts.

When I was looking at my Ram to buy, I went in knowing the warranty was going to be pretty much useless and there would not be any customer service. Sad because they make a great product.

I wonder how much it would actually add to the purchase price of the truck if they added some margin for warranty work? I would gladly pay and 3-4k on the sticker if it meant better customer service.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh forgot about a funny story with my Yukon, so the driver's door check was making poping sounds, ok no big deal I asked the dealer to fix it while it was there for service. The guy let me know he did not think GM would cover it because it was exhibiting a problem, so now I am irritated but I have some time, so I show him each door and how smooth they are, clearly showing the issue. The service writer was very unsure if GM would even cover it, asked him to take me to the parts department and I would order the damn part myself, it's like $35 and I told him it's real :poop: of GM to not cover a $35 part on 72k vehicle.

After all that "GM" magically accepted the warranty claim, so ridiculous and many other Yukon and Tahoe owners are very frustrated when paying nearly 100k is some cases and getting crapy service.

I laugh so hard when FCA/STLANTS thinks they can sell 110k Jeeps and still give crap service, not very sustainable.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have heard nothing but bad things about HB Ram, Chrysler....so sorry they have treated ya so crapy

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You might get good dealer service from Lexus, Infiniti, Acura or Lincoln.

Unfortunately that’s truly about it these days.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
These large companies make getting reimbursed for warranty claims so difficult that many dealers do whatever they can to not even do warranty work.

I have a good friend who is VW tech and its the same :poop: with warranty and many times VW will deny payment and the dealership has to eat the cost. It's a no-win situation for the end consumer.
How many dealers and technicians have lied/stolen from the manufacturer to get paid for things that were never done?

The manufacturer has to audit/check the dealers to keep them honest. Crazy part is if you are replacing a said part like a head gasket. They may not ask for the head gasket back, they may ask for a random seal or bolt you replaced. The #1 part that is called back for hemi camshaft replacement is the oil pan gasket. Stellantis wants the pan dropped and the metal cleaned out. Many techs skip this part die to the time it takes. Once a dealer is found to be a risk for fraudulent activity they get more and more things recalled and checked.

Your technician friend bitching about the loss of time on a job. How many jobs does he do in half the time? 5.7 hemi manifolds, both sides done in less that 2 hours. I'm getting paid 5.4 hours under warranty. 3.6l LH cylinder heads, 4 hours max, paid 8-10 hrs depending on the model. You see

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How many dealers and technicians have lied/stolen from the manufacturer to get paid for things that were never done?

The manufacturer has to audit/check the dealers to keep them honest. Crazy part is if you are replacing a said part like a head gasket. They may not ask for the head gasket back, they may ask for a random seal or bolt you replaced. The #1 part that is called back for hemi camshaft replacement is the oil pan gasket. Stellantis wants the pan dropped and the metal cleaned out. Many techs skip this part die to the time it takes. Once a dealer is found to be a risk for fraudulent activity they get more and more things recalled and checked.

Your technician friend bitching about the loss of time on a job. How many jobs does he do in half the time? 5.7 hemi manifolds, both sides done in less that 2 hours. I'm getting paid 5.4 hours under warranty. 3.6l LH cylinder heads, 4 hours max, paid 8-10 hrs depending on the model. You see
Local dealer had to sell their CDJR dealership due to getting caught warranting customers vehicles that were heavily modified and damaged because of that. Granted, it wasn't the dealerships fault, it was the technicians pulling the strings to get the warranty approved, but they didn't stop it after being warned. One of my local car group friends was part of that, but he quit and started his own diesel/transmission shop before the **** hit the fan. Not sure if he saw it coming, and that's why he left.

He was getting friends hellcats and scatpacks repaired under warranty that were modified well beyond stock. Had another car friend, who was a computer geek, helping him by modifying the log files before sending them to Dodge HQ.

Users who are viewing this thread