5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jpackard

Reaction score
So I have a 2019 ram 1500 4x4 crew cab Laramie, the tailgate is doing the “normal” sticking and not opening. Has anyone found a permanent replacement for the locking mechanisms to not stick again? I feel like if i buy the oem then it will just happen again. Help

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So I have a 2019 ram 1500 4x4 crew cab Laramie, the tailgate is doing the “normal” sticking and not opening. Has anyone found a permanent replacement for the locking mechanisms to not stick again? I feel like if i buy the oem then it will just happen again. Help
"normal"? My 2020 must be abnormal then, because it's never happened once. So, guess OEM is just fine. Have you tried lubrication on on the mechanizim? Not heard of anyone else having this normal problem. There is also a recall for adjusting the tailgate. That's more for tailgates that open on their own because get don't get closed all we the way. Maybe an adjustment is at you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online