5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carter6.7

Reaction score
Has anyone done a column to centre console swap in a 5th gen Cummins? I’m looking to swap mine as I’ve seen done in 4th gens before. The only 5th gen with a centre console shift that I know of is the TRX so it would have to be a trx shifter and possibly console?

Attachments

• 45DE4C6A-9399-482A-BA10-FEB1C4D62D3B.jpeg
    45DE4C6A-9399-482A-BA10-FEB1C4D62D3B.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 25

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Aisin on Cummins is cable actuated and all engines in all gas rams are electronic, even on gt and TRX with console shift.

So you’d need some sort of mechanical actuator that talks to the digital shifter etc. at which point…

There’s probably a reason Ram doesn’t use the same shifter in the Cummins vs gas trucks.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Has anyone done a column to centre console swap in a 5th gen Cummins? I’m looking to swap mine as I’ve seen done in 4th gens before. The only 5th gen with a centre console shift that I know of is the TRX so it would have to be a trx shifter and possibly console?
we only talk about 1500 DT rams here
try the heavy duty form here

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been told my mind is a fertile place (maybe not the exact words). ;) I had a wild idea of a Lokar "Sport" shifter cabled to a belcrank on the stock knob shaft, and tap into the steering wheel controls somewhere under the dash to get +/- switch connection. This would be reversible and make minimal changes to stock. No charge for the idea, and may be worth what you paid. :cool:

Carter6.7

Reaction score
Aisin on Cummins is cable actuated and all engines in all gas rams are electronic, even on gt and TRX with console shift.

So you’d need some sort of mechanical actuator that talks to the digital shifter etc. at which point…

There’s probably a reason Ram doesn’t use the same shifter in the Cummins vs gas trucks.
Appreciate it but I have a 68rfe not sure if it’s also cable actuated?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
we only talk about 1500 DT rams here
try the heavy duty form here
There is a HD Ram subforum right here. But yes, this forum is geared towards the 1500s

Users who are viewing this thread