5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 Inch to 8.4 Inch Upgrade

Durangedmikey

Reaction score
If you just randomly buy a 8.4 off eBay without having it programmed then it will have whatever settings for heated seats and other non applicable apps from the vehicle it came out of correct?

if using the old 5” bezel does the screen have volume adjustment or do you need the manual buttons?

chairmanz

Reaction score
If you just randomly buy a 8.4 off eBay without having it programmed then it will have whatever settings for heated seats and other non applicable apps from the vehicle it came out of correct?

if using the old 5” bezel does the screen have volume adjustment or do you need the manual buttons?
I think it will the 8.4 will have whatever options your truck has. If you do not have heated seats, it will not show up as an app.

Regarding the old 5-inch bezel, you can use the volume adjustment on the steering wheel controls. It's best to upgrade to the new bezel eventually though because it does not sit perfectly in the 5-inch.

Durangedmikey

Reaction score
I think it will the 8.4 will have whatever options your truck has. If you do not have heated seats, it will not show up as an app.

Regarding the old 5-inch bezel, you can use the volume adjustment on the steering wheel controls. It's best to upgrade to the new bezel eventually though because it does not sit perfectly in the 5-inch.
Mine didn’t come with the adjustment on the back of the steering wheel. Is it able to be controller on screen?

Lineman2011

Reaction score
So just some background on what kind of truck I have. I have a base model tradesman with the upgraded seat package. Nothing fancy. I already replaced the original steering wheel with one out of a rebal. That was a direct swap and all the buttons work. The only thing I havent tried is the heat function. So i received the 8.4 yesterday and completed the installation. Everything was plug and play. The only thing that wasnt plug and play is the temperature controls. My tradesman doesnt have dual climate and the one I bought did. So I used my original cluster with the screen until my new one comes in. So besides that everything works. Just make sure if your buying one second hand that you get the VIN number from the truck it came off originally. You will need that along with the serial number on the Navi to get the anitheft code from the dealership. I'll post pics once my new temp cluster comes in. Hope this helps some others!
What year Rebel steering wheel did you use? Does a steering wheel from a 2018 plug and play for these trucks?

Albert193500

Reaction score
I have a tradesman (see sig below) without the satellite radio option. If I buy someone's 5.0 radio from here will it plug and play? And will the satellite radio work short of needing a subscription which I have?
Thanks

Jbworth86

Reaction score
Looks good! Did you ever get the heated steering wheel working?
I have not been able to. i contacted Uconnect and opened a ticket with their engineering department. I was told because the truck wasn't originally programmed to have a heated steering wheel that there was nothing they could do. Which i think is pretty crappy. i don't see why they couldn't just add the app to my screen or unlock the functionality.

Jbworth86

Reaction score
I have a tradesman (see sig below) without the satellite radio option. If I buy someone's 5.0 radio from here will it plug and play? And will the satellite radio work short of needing a subscription which I have?
Thanks
It should be plug and play. Your truck just wont have the wire for the sat radio to plug into the screen. Everything else should be plug and play. Ill sell you my 5in for a good price if your interested.

Albert193500

Reaction score
It should be plug and play. Your truck just wont have the wire for the sat radio to plug into the screen. Everything else should be plug and play. Ill sell you my 5in for a good price if your interested.
How much?

jabara572

Reaction score
I just ordered the 8.4 upgrade from infotainment, they have %10 off right now for anyone who is interested

Lineman2011

Reaction score
So I’m a little confused reading through all this. Not sure which bezel part number I need. I have a 5 inch uconnect and SINGLE zone climate control. Which bezel do I need for this to swap over to 8.4

jabara572

Reaction score
So I’m a little confused reading through all this. Not sure which bezel part number I need. I have a 5 inch uconnect and SINGLE zone climate control. Which bezel do I need for this to swap over to 8.4

There are like a dozen bezels depending on options and trim and model, which is exactly why I let infotainment get it for me so I didnt have to look it up, i was unable to find the correct rebel bezel at all.

Mksrt

Reaction score
Can anyone Confirm, that if i purchase radio 68292209AF from the dealer,It is plug and and play with no dealer programming needed?

Bubba77

Reaction score
Chairmanz or any one that has upgraded I have a quick question. Just bought my 2019 Rebel on Jan 25th. I have already acquired the 8.4 non nav and the correct dash panel used locally. I will need to get the anti-theft code plan on stopping by the local dealer tomorrow to get that handled. Since I am in my one year of free Sirius does anyone know if that will transfer over. Not a deal breaker was just wondering as don't find myself listening to it that much anyway have 128 gb on a flash drive that is normally what I am listening to. Also I know you mentioned the cable for Sirius and the compass does infotainment just sell that piece all I can find is with the antenna and dont need that? If so do you happen to have a part number for just that y connector? Thank you to everyone on this forum it has paid off immensely already.

I recently purchased the non-nav 8.4" screen from eBay (part number 68292209AF) and can confirm that it is plug and play. As previously mentioned in this thread, all you need is the anti-theft code. I also ordered the Sirius XM upgrade kit from Infotainment since this screen has the Sirius XM connection where the compass connection plugs in on the 5 inch screen. Once I get the Sirius XM cable and antenna, the compass will work again. Infotainment also sells a converter cable for $20 if you don't want Sirius XM but want to retain the compass feature. I am waiting on the new bezel, should be here tomorrow. Once I have that, I will confirm the part number.

The 5-inch to 8.4-inch non-nav can be easily upgraded for under $1,000 going this route.

Lineman2011

Reaction score
Chairmanz or any one that has upgraded I have a quick question. Just bought my 2019 Rebel on Jan 25th. I have already acquired the 8.4 non nav and the correct dash panel used locally. I will need to get the anti-theft code plan on stopping by the local dealer tomorrow to get that handled. Since I am in my one year of free Sirius does anyone know if that will transfer over. Not a deal breaker was just wondering as don't find myself listening to it that much anyway have 128 gb on a flash drive that is normally what I am listening to. Also I know you mentioned the cable for Sirius and the compass does infotainment just sell that piece all I can find is with the antenna and dont need that? If so do you happen to have a part number for just that y connector? Thank you to everyone on this forum it has paid off immensely already.

How did you make out getting an anti theft code from the dealer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bubba77

Reaction score
How did you make out getting an anti theft code from the dealer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No problems at all took stereo to dealer with VIN number from the vehicle that it came out of. Took about 5 minutes they looked it up and provided me print out with the anti theft code. Note no dealers around me would provide the code over the phone. They just asked that I bring the stereo in with the vin from donor truck.

Hope that helps you.

Satelitedzer

Reaction score
Ordered for upgrade details

68340283AC

68292209AF

I disassembled my panel today and there were doubts whether I ordered the panel correctly the emergency stop button is divided in half

Attachments

• A531FA7E-8615-48B4-9400-A5D7D1A1000B.jpeg
    A531FA7E-8615-48B4-9400-A5D7D1A1000B.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 213
  • E53AE9EC-2726-4143-B0F2-BF964A7054E9.jpeg
    E53AE9EC-2726-4143-B0F2-BF964A7054E9.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 198
  • 10FC3753-7EA1-433E-B358-5F51394B6579.jpeg
    10FC3753-7EA1-433E-B358-5F51394B6579.jpeg
    23.3 KB · Views: 189
  • B80E3CB8-84B0-4DB8-9BEF-7B5B55AAFA40.jpeg
    B80E3CB8-84B0-4DB8-9BEF-7B5B55AAFA40.jpeg
    23.9 KB · Views: 190
  • F1233091-EFC3-45D1-A093-A0DF43F594B2.jpeg
    F1233091-EFC3-45D1-A093-A0DF43F594B2.jpeg
    25 KB · Views: 204
  • B6788C2E-119F-4638-A9B9-476943D3608B.jpeg
    B6788C2E-119F-4638-A9B9-476943D3608B.jpeg
    25.1 KB · Views: 218

Satelitedzer

Reaction score
I apologize in advance for my English the other day I went to the dealer to check the room INSTRUMENT PANEL that will fit to my car , which he replied saying go to the yard will find the right INSTRUMENT PANEL take photos of VIN number, I'll give you the part number

Users who are viewing this thread