5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 Inch to 8.4 Inch Upgrade

CnyRver

Reaction score
Anyone do a 5 to 8.4 swap with a new radio, not refurbished or used? I have been trying to locate a used 8.4 for a decent price but they are more then buying new online. All the posts I have read without any issues are with used/refurbished units. Going to pull the trigger on a new one for $701 plus the bezels I need come to $1,170 complete. All brand new factory parts. Infotainment refurbished set is $1,700. Junk yards now asking $1200. Of course my dealer is like the radio won’t work cause it didn’t come as a factory option. 🧐

lckelly26

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2019 RAM 2500 tradesman 6.7L 4x4. It has the 5.0 and I almost went with the infotainment $1700 swap until I found this thread. Excellent works guys.
I have the part numbers for the RA4 UAS radio (68428584AC) and the instrument panel (6VQ511AHAA) but the part number given for the CenterStack bezel (68340283AD)in this thread won't work for me. My traction control button AND Hazard lights are grouped together. I've spent 4-6 hours looking at Mopar PArts sites and cant find anything.

Does any one have the part number for the bezel shown below. No heated seats, not dual climate. I just need my hazards and traction control buttons. Thanks in advance 1609316346186.png

Last edited:

kristof

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2019 RAM 2500 tradesman 6.7L 4x4. It has the 5.0 and I almost went with the infotainment $1700 swap until I found this thread. Excellent works guys.
I have the part numbers for the RA4 UAS radio (68428584AC) and the instrument panel (6VQ511AHAA) but the part number given for the CenterStack bezel (68340283AD)in this thread won't work for me. My traction control button AND Hazard lights are grouped together. I've spent 4-6 hours looking at Mopar PArts sites and cant find anything.

Does any one have the part number for the bezel shown below. No heated seats, not dual climate. I just need my hazards and traction control buttons. Thanks in advance View attachment 78037
I have this one for sale but it comes with steering wheel heating and seats 20201214_153611.jpg

lckelly26

Reaction score
Do you actually have the real part number from this particular bezel. I need this very one with the split button for hazard lights and cannot find it anywhere. Tia!
Were you able to get the Bezel with the traction control and Hazard buttons? Like this? If so do you have the part number? I've searched for days and can't seem to find this bezel. I've come close but they seem to have the seat and steeering wheel warmer controls too. I don't need any of that.

1609361800786.png

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Were you able to get the Bezel with the traction control and Hazard buttons? line this? if so do you have the part number. Ive searched for days and cant seem to fins this bezel. I've come close but they seem to have the seat and steeering wheel warmer controls too. I don't need any of that.

View attachment 78108
Here’s the VIN of a truck equipped with the bezel you’re looking for- 3C6UR5CL5LG286932
You can call any parts department and give them that VIN, and ask them what part number lower center stack that truck uses.

kristof

Reaction score
I may be interestedbut i'd rather have one without having to explain to people why the heated seat buttons don't work. Also is that a lane departure on/off button or a traction control button?
Probably I don't even know :)

lckelly26

Reaction score
Here’s the VIN of a truck equipped with the bezel you’re looking for- 3C6UR5CL5LG286932
You can call any parts department and give them that VIN, and ask them what part number lower center stack that truck uses.
Thank you. My local Dealership says it part # 68370124AB. The online pics make it look like it just has the single hazad button but maybe those are just generic pics. I'll get one ordered and see if its right.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I may be interestedbut i'd rather have one without having to explain to people why the heated seat buttons don't work. Also is that a lane departure on/off button or a traction control button?
That’s the lane-departure enable/disable button.

budevbudev

Reaction score
I’m not installing one of these.
On another note, here’s why the center dash can’t be reused. The radio bezel locating tabs and mounts are different. This is from member kristof-
vpPVRRI.jpg
Hi Jimmy07, do you think itll be possible to drill new holes in the center dash piece so you can mount the radio bezel?

Chipfactor1

Reaction score
Good evening all,

First, thank you to everyone who contributed here.

I have been able to successfully upgrade my stock 5 inch radio & standard AC controls for the 8.4 without Nav (everything working) with the following parts:

8.4 screen no Nav: P68292209AF (VP2 8.4 DT SXM)
Center black Bezel with regular AC controls and knobs for 8.4 screen: 68340283AC
Center Main Console with AC vents: 5YU433XLAD

View attachment 59155 View attachment 59166 View attachment 59167 View attachment 59168 View attachment 59169 View attachment 59170 View attachment 59219
Hey there I’m going to do the same thing to my 2021 rebel. I just want to make sure on a couple things. I know it’s plug and play. But did you have to have the dealer do anything like flash it or give a key code. Or did it work once all connected?

CnyRver

Reaction score
Hey there I’m going to do the same thing to my 2021 rebel. I just want to make sure on a couple things. I know it’s plug and play. But did you have to have the dealer do anything like flash it or give a key code. Or did it work once all connected?
If the radio is used then you will need a code to unlock which you can get online. You will have to replace both inner and outer bezels to fit the new 8.4 screen. Make sure you match the correct center bezel since there are multiple configurations. I haven’t been able to verify if a new radio would work without any dealer programming but other members have done used ones without an issue. Just need the donor vin to get the unlock code. I ended up ordering a used radio with both matching bezels for my tradesman that I should be able to install next week. Prices have been going up in the last month both online and at junkyards from wrecks. They were like $600 and now start at $1k to $1700 from infotainment. You can buy all new parts online for approx $1200 (radio, both bezels, bracket and screws) but like I said unfortunately haven’t been able to verify if a dealer programming is needed.

JPW442

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Bighorn and purchased new both bezels and the 8.4 radio. It was plug and play, there was no code to enter for the new radio. No issues since install.

I did purchase the Sirius XM cable and antenna from Infotainment for the install.

Thank you to all in this forum for the needed part numbers and help for the install!

CnyRver

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Bighorn and purchased new both bezels and the 8.4 radio. It was plug and play, there was no code to enter for the new radio. No issues since install.

I did purchase the Sirius XM cable and antenna from Infotainment for the install.

Thank you to all in this forum for the needed part numbers and help for the install!
Thanks for posting. Nice to know after being told by multiple dealer parts people it prolly won’t work. Approximately how much were all the parts new? CarPlay, compass, camera all 100%?

JPW442

Reaction score
Radio and bezels plus shipping was around $1400.00. Sirius XM antenna and cable $70.00.
Have to unplug phone and plug back in after shutting off truck sometimes to get Carplay to connect.
No issues with Compass or back up camera. Can also select camera when not in reverse. Navigation is great using Google Maps.
There was no Dealer programming Required.

Charliemkv

Reaction score
Radio and bezels plus shipping was around $1400.00. Sirius XM antenna and cable $70.00.
Have to unplug phone and plug back in after shutting off truck sometimes to get Carplay to connect.
No issues with Compass or back up camera. Can also select camera when not in reverse. Navigation is great using Google Maps.
There was no Dealer programming Required.
What center stack do you have and is it the non Navi display?

Charliemkv

Reaction score
Manual A/C controls.

Non navigation radio. I use Google Maps through CarPlay.
DCF390F4-666A-4DE2-AC56-8AE062414C09.jpeg

this one?

what are part numbers for the display and the center stack? I’m looking the a non navi too so I can just plug and play.

CnyRver

Reaction score
View attachment 78421

this one?

what are part numbers for the display and the center stack? I’m looking the a non navi too so I can just plug and play.
CDFB2935-037B-4E6F-8EDD-2B2E3B3AA86C.png
DF4B4048-4C41-484A-82EA-BF75211BD284.png

the center stack part # is the pic you posted. You will need a new outer bezel, part # is above. Radios have a couple of different part #s depending on 1500 or 2500/3500 I believe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread