5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 Inch to 8.4 Inch Upgrade

CnyRver

Reaction score
Where did you get your parts from? Do you have part numbers? Thx
I bought mine from Chryslerpartsgeeks.com. You can find a new truck online at a dealer, compare enter stack to match yours and copy the vin down. Then Call Ram parts guy and ask him for the radio, center stack and outer ac bezel #s.

Mr. Projekt

Reaction score
68340283AD

Look what came in today!!!! I will swap my 5" to 8.4" radio tonight. Thank you all for the help and advice
I have the same truck that you do...

2020 Ram 2500 w/ the 6.7L cummins

same looking bezel and everything....so I need:
Center Stack: 68370124AB

Outer Bezel: 5YU433XLAF
Radio: 68292209AF

I've found several different part numbers.... the only one I'm sure of is the Center Stack (thanks to you) This is all so confusing.. can someone confirm the other two part numbers?

Last edited:

Chopperno1

Reaction score
I have the same truck that you do...

2020 Ram 2500 w/ the 6.7L cummins

same looking bezel and everything....so I need:
Center Stack: 68370124AB

Outer Bezel: 5YU433XLAF
Radio: 68292209AF

I've found several different part numbers.... the only one I'm sure of is the Center Stack (thanks to you) This is all so confusing.. can someone confirm the other two part numbers?
YOUR CART

Center Stack
Product ID: 68370124AB
Remove
$185.32 × Quantity
$185.32
Multi Media Radio
Product ID: 68428584AC
Remove
$741.28 × Quantity
$741.28
Instrument Panel Bezel
Product ID: 6VQ511AHAA
Remove
$227.13 × Quantity
$227.13
this is what I came up with so far based on what I have read here in these preceding posts. I have not ordered yet as I was also hoping for some confirmation.

Chopperno1

Reaction score
YOUR CART

Center Stack
Product ID: 68370124AB
Remove
$185.32 × Quantity
$185.32
Multi Media Radio
Product ID: 68428584AC
Remove
$741.28 × Quantity
$741.28
Instrument Panel Bezel
Product ID: 6VQ511AHAA
Remove
$227.13 × Quantity
$227.13
this is what I came up with so far based on what I have read here in these preceding posts. I have not ordered yet as I was also hoping for some confirmation.
I just purchased a 2019 RAM 2500 tradesman 6.7L 4x4. It has the 5.0 and I almost went with the infotainment $1700 swap until I found this thread. Excellent works guys.
I have the part numbers for the RA4 UAS radio (68428584AC) and the instrument panel (6VQ511AHAA) but the part number given for the CenterStack bezel (68340283AD)in this thread won't work for me. My traction control button AND Hazard lights are grouped together. I've spent 4-6 hours looking at Mopar PArts sites and cant find anything.

Does any one have the part number for the bezel shown below. No heated seats, not dual climate. I just need my hazards and traction control buttons. Thanks in advance

SkywalkerPhD

Reaction score
I don't think you need the third part. The bezel should install into your existing housing.

SkywalkerPhD

Reaction score
I bought all parts from chryslerpartsgeeks.com. They are a Ram dealer in NJ. Great prices. Took close to 2 weeks to get them due to having them shipped to the dealer and then to me. Most likely all parts need to be ordered from Mopar warehouse.
Can you please post the part numbers that you had to order? I have the same truck and want to do this upgrade as well. Thanks!

Anderson00

Reaction score
I have a 19 ram 1500 classic with a 5in system and I am wanting to upgrade to the 8.4. I have satellite radio, what all do I need to purchase for the upgrade. I attached a picture of the current center stack

thanks.

Attachments

• BA4A71A9-F924-4F83-9350-1C7E4266AE8A.jpeg
    BA4A71A9-F924-4F83-9350-1C7E4266AE8A.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 33

SkywalkerPhD

Reaction score
I have a 19 ram 1500 classic with a 5in system and I am wanting to upgrade to the 8.4. I have satellite radio, what all do I need to purchase for the upgrade. I attached a picture of the current center stack

thanks.
You can go a couple different routes. You can buy the parts yourself, or you can buy the entire kit from infotainment.com or Nismopar.com. I don't know what the part numbers are for the 19 Classic 1500 as I have a 2500. But I bet you can find them in this forum somewhere.

Just a note on the kit route...if you use Infotainment, there stuff is refurbished. Nismopar uses factory new parts and sends you a complete plug and play kit. I actually just purchase the kit from Nismopar.com for my 2500 and it is supposed to come this weekend. [fingers crossed]

David bernard

Reaction score
So just some background on what kind of truck I have. I have a base model tradesman with the upgraded seat package. Nothing fancy. I already replaced the original steering wheel with one out of a rebal. That was a direct swap and all the buttons work. The only thing I havent tried is the heat function. So i received the 8.4 yesterday and completed the installation. Everything was plug and play. The only thing that wasnt plug and play is the temperature controls. My tradesman doesnt have dual climate and the one I bought did. So I used my original cluster with the screen until my new one comes in. So besides that everything works. Just make sure if your buying one second hand that you get the VIN number from the truck it came off originally. You will need that along with the serial number on the Navi to get the anitheft code from the dealership. I'll post pics once my new temp cluster comes in. Hope this helps some others!
Hey so I just got the 8.4 screen but the guy didn't give me the vin number what can I do.

TDRamOH

Reaction score
My apologies if this was already posted as I did not read the whole thread... I ordered the three parts from chryuslerpartsgeeks.com and entered my VIN (2019 2500 Tradesman). They sent me an email back wanting me to confirm:

>> These parts do not fit the vin you provided so I am assuming you are upgrading your vehicle. Please keep in mind that they are electrical parts and they don't fit your vin so they are not returnable if they do not work. Please let us know if that is ok. We have placed your order on hold until we hear from you. <<

I've seen enough on forums and videos to know that everything fits, but now it is raising questions. If I buy the parts like this and just replace them will everything still work, including my SiriusXM subscription? Is there anything programming/flashing-wise that needs done that I will be unable to do? I didn't know if Infotainment or Nismopar does anything to the radio using your VIN.

Please let me know your experiences. Thanks!

CnyRver

Reaction score
My apologies if this was already posted as I did not read the whole thread... I ordered the three parts from chryuslerpartsgeeks.com and entered my VIN (2019 2500 Tradesman). They sent me an email back wanting me to confirm:

>> These parts do not fit the vin you provided so I am assuming you are upgrading your vehicle. Please keep in mind that they are electrical parts and they don't fit your vin so they are not returnable if they do not work. Please let us know if that is ok. We have placed your order on hold until we hear from you. <<

I've seen enough on forums and videos to know that everything fits, but now it is raising questions. If I buy the parts like this and just replace them will everything still work, including my SiriusXM subscription? Is there anything programming/flashing-wise that needs done that I will be unable to do? I didn't know if Infotainment or Nismopar does anything to the radio using your VIN.

Please let me know your experiences. Thanks!
I got the same email when I ordered them from there. As long as you verified the part #s and your truck then your fine. After installing just give it like 15-30 mins for the radio options to update and your good. They send that email to cover there end because once you install the parts they won’t take them back. I was hesitant but went ahead with it. So glad I did. Saved huge $ from used infotainment radios and nismopar new radios. You will have to call Sirius to get them to xfer your subscription over. Just tell them your old radio was defective and replaced. They will ask for an order #. Give them the one off your Chrysler parts paperwork. Worse case they charge you a $10 xfer fee. Once again zero additional programming needed. Don’t be fooled into thinking you need to spend $500 more for a special setup on your truck. If you go to the 12” screen you will need programming. The 5” to 8.4” needs nothing.

TDRamOH

Reaction score
I got the same email when I ordered them from there. As long as you verified the part #s and your truck then your fine. After installing just give it like 15-30 mins for the radio options to update and your good. They send that email to cover there end because once you install the parts they won’t take them back. I was hesitant but went ahead with it. So glad I did. Saved huge $ from used infotainment radios and nismopar new radios. You will have to call Sirius to get them to xfer your subscription over. Just tell them your old radio was defective and replaced. They will ask for an order #. Give them the one off your Chrysler parts paperwork. Worse case they charge you a $10 xfer fee. Once again zero additional programming needed. Don’t be fooled into thinking you need to spend $500 more for a special setup on your truck. If you go to the 12” screen you will need programming. The 5” to 8.4” needs nothing.
Thanks so much for the info. I really want to do this, so I just needed that bit of verification. Their site said the numbers fit my vehicle, and I've seen them elsewhere for the same truck. I figured there had to be something that I'd need to do for SiriusXM, so I appreciate that tip!

TDRamOH

Reaction score
@CnyRver I just saw your post earlier where you mentioned part # 68354583AA - Radio Bracket. I didn't order this. Should I try to add that to my order/place another order for it? I thought there were only three parts needed (radio/center stack/bezel). Thanks.

CnyRver

Reaction score
@CnyRver I just saw your post earlier where you mentioned part # 68354583AA - Radio Bracket. I didn't order this. Should I try to add that to my order/place another order for it? I thought there were only three parts needed (radio/center stack/bezel). Thanks.
You can make it work without it from what I have seen others do. I just kept it factory since the it came with the plastic bracket originally.

CnyRver

Reaction score
Again don’t panic when you first turn on the new radio. Some icons won’t be there for a bit, the back up camera on mine still showed the 5” size, and my compass wasn’t there either. Just be patient and let it run through it’s download from main computer. I forget either nismo or infotainment mentioned up to a 1 hour sleep cycle to fully download. Mine took about 30 mins.

Last edited:

TDRamOH

Reaction score
Again don’t panic when you first turn on the new radio. Some icons won’t be there for a bit, the back up camera on mine still showed the 5” size, and my compass wasn’t there either. Just be patient and let it run through it’s download from main computer. I forget either nismo or infotainment mentioned up to a 1 hour sleep cycle to fully download. Mine took about 30 mins.
Great, thanks so much for the info! I will post back once complete.

TDRamOH

Reaction score
Sorry to keep posting about this, but I am wondering what is the difference between these two part numbers:

5YU433XLAF - Instrument Panel Bezel

and

6VQ511AHAA - Instrument Panel Bezel

There is $46 price difference (5YU433XLAF is more expensive). I've seen pictures of it in this thread and another of the part I ordered (5YU433XLAF ) and it looks correct. I've seen others ordering the part # 6VQ511AHAA, but haven't found any other info on why that one was chosen. I did see earlier in the thread that someone mentioned the top on 5YU433XLAF is gray/brushed. Any other info on this? Thanks again!

CnyRver

Reaction score
Sorry to keep posting about this, but I am wondering what is the difference between these two part numbers:

5YU433XLAF - Instrument Panel Bezel

and

6VQ511AHAA - Instrument Panel Bezel

There is $46 price difference (5YU433XLAF is more expensive). I've seen pictures of it in this thread and another of the part I ordered (5YU433XLAF ) and it looks correct. I've seen others ordering the part # 6VQ511AHAA, but haven't found any other info on why that one was chosen. I did see earlier in the thread that someone mentioned the top on 5YU433XLAF is gray/brushed. Any other info on this? Thanks again!
Honestly not sure. Might be the plain one without the brushed grey. Find a new tradesman online with the 8.4 and look at the bezel. If plain black on top then get the vin # and ask a parts guy.
Also pick up a pack of sheet metal screws 6x1/2 so you can put them in the old 5” radio setup.

Attachments

• 3013E749-5431-470B-B3DA-0054B9D21600.jpeg
    3013E749-5431-470B-B3DA-0054B9D21600.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread