5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4wd low 2020 ram 1500?

country4life

Reaction score
There was about a foot of snow on the ground and I had to climb very steep hill and 4wd high didn’t work so I went in 4lo and made it up there hill then turned onto the next road and went about 10-12mph and then pulled over to go back to 4auto is this ok for the truck?
just wanted to make sure

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes it's fine, these trucks are not made of plastic. You'd have to drive on dry roads for a long time for axle binding to become a problem. You don't want to do it on purpose for extended periods of time but what you described won't matter in the slightest.

Scram1500

Reaction score
4 Lol disables traction and stability control allowing for wheel spin, which can be advantageous in certain situations, and fun. Holding down the traction control button for 5 seconds in 4hi/auto will do the same thing up to 45 mph

country4life

Reaction score
4 Lol disables traction and stability control allowing for wheel spin, which can be advantageous in certain situations, and fun. Holding down the traction control button for 5 seconds in 4hi/auto will do the same thing up to 45 mph
I heard you can also pull the fuse aswell I never tried it though

Scram1500

Reaction score
I heard you can also pull the fuse aswell I never tried it though
I haven't pulled it yet on my current Ram, but on my 4th Gen it was F26, you lose ABS in the process so when you're done scaring yourself to death you'll want to pop that fuse back in asap. When they investigate the accident and find the fuse for F26 in your pocket it will just raise more questions. I read on a 4th Gen forum a few years ago a couple people connected a wireless relay to F26 and used the Homelink garage door opener as the switch

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In 4 hi you got to hold it til you hear an audible ding. Could be 5 seconds.. 3 seconds...10 seconds.

The first time I tried this years ago...i held for 5 seconds and nothing. Turns out my truck likes 7 seconds. Lol

Why 4Hi, keep it 2WD, it more fun with traction off.:cool::cool:

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
No it won’t.

Not on the new ones. Or are you thinking about a gm truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i know it did for me, during winter i alway sliding, donut whenever is snow in an open space place, so for me able to do it, traction and stability control need to be off.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
i know it did for me, during winter i alway sliding, donut whenever is snow in an open space place, so for me able to do it, traction and stability control need to be off.

Do it and upload a vid to YouTube of your truck Turing stability and tc off while in 2wd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So. I just tried mine. I tried in drive in park in neutral in reverse. Tried driving tried parked.

Nothing.

Shifted into 4wd. In park. Held for 7 seconds. Turned off.

Does not work with my truck. Mine is a 4th Gen though.

Anxious to see how you did it.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So. I just tried mine. I tried in drive in park in neutral in reverse. Tried driving tried parked.

Nothing.

Shifted into 4wd. In park. Held for 7 seconds. Turned off.

Does not work with my truck. Mine is a 4th Gen though.

Anxious to see how you did it.
well, you guys may be right now, it seem cant turn off the stability off anymore in 2wd, i know it work for me last winter, i saw 2 icon on the display, weird, i take back what i said then.

Users who are viewing this thread