5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Gen HD Rams and the end of a Manual gear shifter and 3rd Pedal

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Waiting on word back from salesman. Trying to figure out what to do about a deal price. Trying to figure out how this works is a bit confusing.

I thought I had a pretty good grasp on what I wanted to come in at...but now not so sure.

Only thing the truck doesn't have is 4.10 gears. But i already talked myself into that being ok.

Wonder what the chances are a deal could be had to order one and get the same price.

I am so naive to this. I see all these awesome deals you guys are getting on a 2019 that I can't help but think I could get a good one on a 2018...

And of course I am still battling the enjoyment of debt free life...but the 99 is long in the tooth, and we have expanded our camping range.

And then I see the issues you guys are struggling with, and it just reminDS me of the debacle with our 2013 Cummins, when I still had to rely on the 99 as it spent alot of time waiting on suppliers for parts.

Good times.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I already have a bed extender from my 2013. I have a tool box and was considering seeing if my bed cover from the 2013 will fit with it and the toolbox on the 8' bed.

This is the wish list
https://moparonlineparts.com/mobile/warn-winch-25003500-p-8334.html

https://moparonlineparts.com/mobile/25003500-sport-utility-bars-p-2836.html

https://moparonlineparts.com/mobile/25003500-rack-system-p-7132.html

https://moparonlineparts.com/mobile/250035004500-utility-rails-p-4486.html

And the winch mounting kit I showed earlier.

Still waiting on a return email.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So now I am even more confused. Doing some more research I found the MSRP to be 47450 the invoice to be 44546 and a fair price of 44243. So now I think 40000 is way low, where the other info I thought it was about 1500 high.

We get a discount through work. We are on disagreement whether it is employee pricing or a supplier discount. No one seems to know how to find out what it is, or how much

Still no word back...no negotions yet just 3 simple questions that were actually just comfirmations.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got word back. Looking at probably going down to work out the details on Tuesday.
2018-08-10 21.18.51.png
The only thing it doesn't have that I wanted was 4.10 gears. Pretty sure I will be ok without them. Only option I wouldn't have got is the wheel to wheel steps, but I am getting older they will help. The only upgrade it doesn't have is the CD player and 220 amp alternator.

Never been so nervous looking at a truck.

With the minor issues I had with my 13 2500 and seeING some of these major issues some are having here, I have put alot of thought into this.

Guess the deal will have to be perfect.

Trying to sell my van and bug out car to buy some of these mods I want.

Very trying times lol

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, they came back with a price that is real close to my original thought. KBB says it is a deal and to jump lol.

After they gave me the price I questioned if the discount I get through work will change the number. Haven't heard back yet, but it was time for them to go home.

Really want the truck, the deal is fine by me. Now I just got to make the hard decision, jump and enjoy one of the final 4th gens, or wait for the 5th Gen.

Gonna sleep on it tonight. Hopefully tomorrow holds good news.

And he did verify that ordering for 2018s has ended. So 3.73s it will be lol

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Seems like I might be saving even more money. I may not sleep tonight lol.

We are camping this weekend. Heard that you have to put 500 miles on before towing. Looks like there may be a road trip in the near future lol

Guess I better start thinking about a hitch...my 99 is about 2 inches high and this truck probably sits 2 inches higher...might try a regular hitch with sway control as this Class V reciever won't require the weight distributing hitch for our current set up.

Oh man, making decisions isn't my strong suit...

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Seems like I might be saving even more money. I may not sleep tonight lol.

We are camping this weekend. Heard that you have to put 500 miles on before towing. Looks like there may be a road trip in the near future lol

Guess I better start thinking about a hitch...my 99 is about 2 inches high and this truck probably sits 2 inches higher...might try a regular hitch with sway control as this Class V reciever won't require the weight distributing hitch for our current set up.

Oh man, making decisions isn't my strong suit...

Yeah, thats a tough one

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, Ram may have gave me an extension. 2019 may be a full year refresh. Spy photos are showing the 2019 may be somewhat of a special beast.

Waiting for powertrain confirmations. Will a Manual still be available one more year like thought? Will the Cummins get a power bump or something better? Will 6.4l get a small boost for at least the Powerwagon?

The 2018 I was almost all in on is still available. I see a few more have arrived after final order date.
If it is still 2 more years til the Redesign, I could make a knee jerk decision on a 1500 too.

Info is starting to flow, Texas State Fair will light up tomorrow.

My 99 is getting so beat down...2003 just can't catch no love, weather and being 41 make it hard to wrench on trucks after work.

Something is gonna give soon.

And then that Darn TRX is gonna show its wonderful head.

Great times

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the Uconnect 3 with 5 inch display...I know in the world of 12" screens this isn't that exciting, but I plan to get this radio.
I used one in a rental. Fairly intuitive and a nice upgrade from the system in my 2012 Ram.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, the truck listed above is still available...and on our way back from Erie we stopped at another local dealer...they have the exact same truck but with...4.10 gears.

Ugh, I need to see this 2019 HD and pricing...ordering was to open the 19th...so we will see how much more camo drops...getting so close to decision time.

Also found another V10 truck I got my eye on...might need to buy it to hold me over lol

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, the truck listed above is still available...and on our way back from Erie we stopped at another local dealer...they have the exact same truck but with...4.10 gears.

Ugh, I need to see this 2019 HD and pricing...ordering was to open the 19th...so we will see how much more camo drops...getting so close to decision time.

Also found another V10 truck I got my eye on...might need to buy it to hold me over lol

When should we expect to see pictures of the new truck?!?!?!?!?!?! :ROFLMAO:

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, got the sneak peaks at the 2019 4.5 Gen HD. Can just about close out these thoughts, 5 weeks 1 day and 19 hrs...

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it is gone. A local dealer has a dozen or so with the manual transmission. They were prepared for the rumor I am sure.

Guess that makes the end of shifting your own gears in a HD truck.

Looks like it is almost time to make a final decision.

Users who are viewing this thread