5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

285/60R20 on stock suspension + stock wheels 20x9

BlckDT

Reaction score
I was not totally sure whether these tires would truly fit and function nicely on my stock suspension 19’ Big Horn Black Appearance Package. I read lots of posts on this forum but many seem to include tires of larger size coinciding with a level kit, full suspension lift, Ram Rebel, or air ride. Any of those can lend a great help to achieve proper ride heights for a larger A/T tire.

Today I pulled the trigger and had installed 285/60R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my stock 20x9 wheels. These have completely changed the looks of my Black Appearance package Ram, in a very good way.

D71C3C14-BD57-4355-9635-AEA1A34D6B7F.jpeg

A336BD80-5806-4C8E-97F1-70D99CD262DE.jpeg E8CADCE1-8CA9-4E67-B9AC-6C4B96356E70.jpeg 666504D3-CE9D-4529-AC02-464DB19CD0F3.jpeg F24B0204-16A7-4F57-8B6D-620C242FDA64.jpeg 4AA6FCB8-0190-4B8E-9965-C6DBE5525E26.jpeg

I do have a slight tire contact with my fender flare plastic during “FULL” lock while in reverse. However, this is trivial and the contact sounds like a baseball card placed in the spokes of a bike, turning at low speeds. LoL. Eventually I will get a level kit, but for now I’m not in a hurry.

Also, my speedo was reading at 71 on the highway while my GPS was clocking me at 73/74 (fluctuation). So a 2-3 mph difference. I plan to get the Rough Country calibration unit to sync my speedo and tire rotations.

Thanks all!!

Last edited:

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was not totally sure whether these tires would truly fit and function nicely on my stock suspension 19’ Big Horn Black Appearance Package. I read lots of posts on this forum but many seem to include tires of larger size coinciding with a level kit, full suspension lift, Ram Rebel, or air ride. Any of those can lend a great help to achieve proper ride heights for a larger A/T tire.

Today I pulled the trigger and had installed 285/60R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my stock 20x9 wheels. These have completely changed the looks of my Black Appearance package Ram, in a very good way.

View attachment 26334 View attachment 26335 View attachment 26336 View attachment 26337 View attachment 26338

I do have a slight tire contact with my fender flare plastic during “FULL” lock while in reverse. However, this is trivial and the contact sounds like a baseball card placed in the spokes of a bike, turning at low speeds. LoL. Eventually I will get a level kit, but for now I’m not in a hurry.

Also, my speedo was reading at 71 on the highway while my GPS was clocking me at 73/74 (fluctuation). So a 2-3 mph difference. I plan to get the Rough Country calibration unit to sync my speedo and tire rotations.

Thanks all!!

Nice (y)(y)

BlckDT

Reaction score
Looks great. How is the road noise?

Amazingly quiet! Way better than BF Goodrich's and General Grabbers that I have ran in the past. Researching the tires this was one of the top requirements for me was to have limited road noise. These tires knock that requirement out of the park. Doing 70+ I can hear a light hum with the windows closed and radio down but it is very minimal. Typically I have the radio up.

BlckDT

Reaction score
How’s the ride? I find the stock tires very squishy. Do you like how these ride?

Way better than the squishy stock tires. It feels grippy now in the turns (like turning into a parking lot entrance or right/left turns on the road). Definitely a much more controlled ride.

illucid

Reaction score

View attachment 26342

View attachment 26334 View attachment 26335 View attachment 26336 View attachment 26337 View attachment 26338

Thanks all!!
I would get the Tazer DT Instead. It will calibrate for tire size plus a million other things for a little more $

dracktw

Reaction score

View attachment 26342

Thanks all!!
What size would you suggest be for no contact?

Granite5thgen

Reaction score
Looks great, I'm getting wheels and tires done this week. Went with 285/55R20 toyo open country at2s and was looking for info like this, thanks for the post!

sergetexan

Reaction score
Looks great! I am thinking the same size. Are you 2wd? Leveling will really look good. Where did you get the black
Lug nuts?

Repsol69

Reaction score
Looks great and yes where did u get the black lug nuts..?? I see no locks also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kratz87

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for that info, makes me sure I can go with either 295/50/R20 or 305/55R20’s
I would be very interested in hearing which one you went with for your setup and if there were any issues. If I am reading this right, you decided NOT to do any lfit/leveling kit and are just looking to maximize the tire size on the OEM 20x9 wheels.

BlckDT

Reaction score
What size would you suggest be for no contact?

Maybe 285/55R20 like the previous poster indicated. However, it’s so minimal when it does happen for me that I’m not even concerned.

—-|||RAM|||-—
Phil

sent from my mobile device

BlckDT

Reaction score
Looks great! I am thinking the same size. Are you 2wd? Leveling will really look good. Where did you get the black
Lug nuts?

I’m 4WD. Stock suspension and no air ride. Got the black lugs from eBay:

Looks great and yes where did u get the black lug nuts..?? I see no locks also

No locks. Not worried. Someone can pop a lock in seconds anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

—-|||RAM|||-—
Phil

sent from my mobile device

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just ordered Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/60/r20s to put on my stock Longhorn wheels. Discount tire gave me $75.00 credit per tire for my OEM Bridgestones with 7,474 miles on them. I thought a $300.00 discount was a fair deal. Total out the door price was $1,228.50. Have an appointment Tuesday morning to get them mounted. I’ll post a few pics when they’re on the truck.

dracktw

Reaction score
Just ordered Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/60/r20s to put on my stock Longhorn wheels. Discount tire gave me $75.00 credit per tire for my OEM Bridgestones with 7,474 miles on them. I thought a $300.00 discount was a fair deal. Total out the door price was $1,228.50. Have an appointment Tuesday morning to get them mounted. I’ll post a few pics when they’re on the truck.
Tell me how is it, I wanna take the same route!
Pictures please

Granite5thgen

Reaction score
20190705_193840.jpg

Zero rubbing at full lock in case anyone was wondering. Stock suspension, north edition adds 1" up front apparently so take that for what it's worth

Last edited:

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tell me how is it, I wanna take the same route!
Pictures please
Will do. I also have the WeatherTech mud flaps and I’m a bit concerned that I might get a little rubbing. We shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread