5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

26" Rims

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like he is running 315/40/26. That looks great on the truck, but I assume it required a lift, which I wanted to avoid. Mine are 305/30/26 which are about 3" shorter overall.

I like being able to ride around in entry/exit mode with no major clearance issues.

View attachment 154122
That looks really good šŸ‘

Whatā€™s the total weight for one wheel and tire?

Last edited:

sparkygreen

Reaction score
That looks really good šŸ‘

Whatā€™s the total weight for one wheel and tire?
Thanks! I wasn't 100% sold on the wheel at first, but its been growing on me.

Unfortunately, I have no idea on the weight of the wheel and tire. I used to swap my old 26's with the stock ram 20's with 33" all terrain tires and they felt very similar in weight. I don't think there is a huge difference.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks! I wasn't 100% sold on the wheel at first, but its been growing on me.

Unfortunately, I have no idea on the weight of the wheel and tire. I used to swap my old 26's with the stock ram 20's with 33" all terrain tires and they felt very similar in weight. I don't think there is a huge difference.
What brand and model wheel? Iā€™m just genuinely curious and can look it up. And I really like how it looks. I think Iā€™ve looked at the pic you posted a couple dozen times now.

sparkygreen

Reaction score
What brand and model wheel? Iā€™m just genuinely curious and can look it up. And I really like how it looks. I think Iā€™ve looked at the pic you posted a couple dozen times now.
I don't think its a published spec. Its not a particularly common wheel. Lexani Forged Marque (LF-767)

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thatā€™s a good amount of rubber, I like that much more than shaqā€™s setup. What size lift did you put on to be able to have a ~36 inch tall tire?
Itā€™s just leveled. Then a little bit of heat to the wheel well liner to push it back in a couple places

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
I only scrub in entry exit if Iā€™m turning. Iā€™m pretty sure I could get rid of all rubbing if I cared enough too. My truck rides about the same and the way the wheel well is filled up is perfect to me. Oh and pot holes and curbs donā€™t scare me as much with this size tire

sparkygreen

Reaction score
I only scrub in entry exit if Iā€™m turning. Iā€™m pretty sure I could get rid of all rubbing if I cared enough too. My truck rides about the same and the way the wheel well is filled up is perfect to me. Oh and pot holes and curbs donā€™t scare me as much with this size tire
Looks great and good to know for the future. I may consider the bigger tires next time around.

Limited Legend

Reaction score
Looks like he is running 315/40/26. That looks great on the truck, but I assume it required a lift, which I wanted to avoid. Mine are 305/30/26 which are about 3" shorter overall.

I like being able to ride around in entry/exit mode with no major clearance issues.

View attachment 154122
Is this pic in Aero or entry/exit? How are you driving in entry/exit?

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
You can't.
Not sure if it still works but I used to be able to lower my truck from key fob to entry exit while the truck was parked and off and it wouldnā€™t override and go back up to aero when you were driving. I havenā€™t lowered my truck to entry exit from the fob and left it like that in a while so Iā€™m not sure if it still has that flaw

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not sure if it still works but I used to be able to lower my truck from key fob to entry exit while the truck was parked and off and it wouldnā€™t override and go back up to aero when you were driving. I havenā€™t lowered my truck to entry exit from the fob and left it like that in a while so Iā€™m not sure if it still has that flaw
My 22 doesn't do that.

You can drive around 5mph until it goes to Aero. It might of been 10. I have used it in a parking garage before.

I think they should let you drive in whatever mode you want. It's your tires and suspension that will be angry if you screw it up.

Limited Legend

Reaction score
Mine will go to aero, was just curious if it was an alfaobd thing or something.

sparkygreen

Reaction score
Mine is a 19 and this "trick" works. If you lower it from the fob, it usually will stay in entry exit on the next startup regardless of speed, even up to highway speeds. Its a nice trick when desired, but the truck rides like **** so its not so practical. I have the revel links so the rear is lowered a little from standard already to level it out, when in entry exit its basically on the bump stops.

Mine will go into entry exit if the speed is below 35 mph and stay there pretty much anytime under that speed. So driving through parking lots or in my neighborhood, etc im usually in entry exit. If you accelerate too quickly it will raise back up, even if you are under 35 mph, but if you are gentle with acceleration it stays in entry/exit.

This was the same as my old 2014 too. I would be disappointed if it reverted back to aero/normal at 5mph, that would suck.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This isnā€™t that important to the conversation but is related. I test drove a ā€˜21 limited that was in ā€œtransport modeā€ (salesmanā€™s term), and it stayed in aero at 60mph. I had to press the button to raise the suspension because it was shaking so badly. Also, no infotainment functions were available (the screen was black), and lane sense and BSS were disabled. It was funny to me that the salesman thought it would be fine to take customers on test drives with the truck like that.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This isnā€™t that important to the conversation but is related. I test drove a ā€˜21 limited that was in ā€œtransport modeā€ (salesmanā€™s term), and it stayed in aero at 60mph. I had to press the button to raise the suspension because it was shaking so badly. Also, no infotainment functions were available (the screen was black), and lane sense and BSS were disabled. It was funny to me that the salesman thought it would be fine to take customers on test drives with the truck like that.
šŸ¤” My Rebel had just rolled of the truck and was in transport mode when I showed up. They wouldn't let me off their lot until it was out of transport mode.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's not suppose to go up from Aero mode, that's the whole point.
It can be configured to go INTO Aero mode at high speeds, but not other modes.

I might try transport mode and see what changes. It's just a push button in UC5 on the 2022s
šŸ¤” My Rebel had just rolled of the truck and was in transport mode when I showed up. They wouldn't let me off their lot until it was out of transport mode.
Transport mode is just a button on the 2022s. I never turned it on but it's in UC5 under suspension settings. I assume it wouldn't be a very good drive with it on as the air suspension would not compensate, and likely just stay at the bare minimum level (entry\exit while driving maybe?)

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's not suppose to go up from Aero mode, that's the whole point.
It can be configured to go INTO Aero mode at high speeds, but not other modes.

I might try transport mode and see what changes. It's just a push button in UC5 on the 2022s

Transport mode is just a button on the 2022s. I never turned it on but it's in UC5 under suspension settings. I assume it wouldn't be a very good drive with it on as the air suspension would not compensate, and likely just stay at the bare minimum level (entry\exit while driving maybe?)
I don't have air suspension or any way to put it in transport mode.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't have air suspension or any way to put it in transport mode.
Not sure what transport mode they are talking about this.

I just went out and took these pictures from my truck.
"Transport Mode"
"Prevents auto leveling of air suspension while vehicle is being transported".

2023-03-10 15.44.56.jpg 2023-03-10 15.45.02.jpg

Aero mode is for high speeds, and as I said it only goes into it automatically if selected, no other modes. It never goes back to normal by itself.
This is a picture just for reference.
2023-03-10 15.45.15.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread