5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

26" Rims

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I always liked how Shaq was a good sport about SNL making fun of him.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sent my buddy this pic. He returned with a pic of his 16.5’s with 44x18’s.😆
View attachment 153964
I wish I had pics of my ‘78 blazer. I had 15x16 fronts and 15x18 rears with 44” super swampers. It also had a 9” suspension lift and 3” body lift.

sparkygreen

Reaction score
Im in the minority. I recently installed a set of 26's on my 2019 Limited and previously had a 2014 Limited with 26's.

The problem is they don't make any decent 26" tires anymore. The only brands are cheap/generic, which is nice for the cost factor, but they don't ride as good or last as long as a more high end tire like a nitto/pirelli/etc.

The ride is subtly different. If you are on a nice smooth road I think it rides better than stock, if you are on a rough road you will feel it more than stock. Sharp bumps and potholes will feel much more firm, but its never been a big issue. Certainly not annoying or rough enough to consider swapping them out.

You do need a strong wheel, mine are forged 2 piece wheels so I feel comfortable they can handle the load of the truck and wont collapse if you hit a pot hole.

Good luck!

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I wish I had pics of my ‘78 blazer. I had 15x16 fronts and 15x18 rears with 44” super swampers. It also had a 9” suspension lift and 3” body lift.
Think he said his truck has 18” of lift.

4.5 mpg on a good day with the 454.😲

1D9AEB3B-6852-4A16-9F41-58312275C9BA.jpeg

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Think he said his truck has 18” of lift.

4.5 mpg on a good day with the 454.😲

View attachment 154014
Haha, mine was two tone just like that, but with pearl white on top and teal on the bottom, plus full teal interior. I blew the 350, so I was in the process of building a 383 for it when I got rid of it. I kind of wish I kept it since it was so outlandish. I also wish I could find the pics, but I didn’t even own a digital camera when I owned the blazer.

The mpg’s of those makes me question why I am so disgruntled about the TRX’s mpg.

Limited Legend

Reaction score
Im in the minority. I recently installed a set of 26's on my 2019 Limited and previously had a 2014 Limited with 26's.

The problem is they don't make any decent 26" tires anymore. The only brands are cheap/generic, which is nice for the cost factor, but they don't ride as good or last as long as a more high end tire like a nitto/pirelli/etc.

The ride is subtly different. If you are on a nice smooth road I think it rides better than stock, if you are on a rough road you will feel it more than stock. Sharp bumps and potholes will feel much more firm, but its never been a big issue. Certainly not annoying or rough enough to consider swapping them out.

You do need a strong wheel, mine are forged 2 piece wheels so I feel comfortable they can handle the load of the truck and wont collapse if you hit a pot hole.

Good luck!
Got some pics??

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have 26’s and I think it looks great
That’s a good amount of rubber, I like that much more than shaq’s setup. What size lift did you put on to be able to have a ~36 inch tall tire?

sparkygreen

Reaction score
Looks like he is running 315/40/26. That looks great on the truck, but I assume it required a lift, which I wanted to avoid. Mine are 305/30/26 which are about 3" shorter overall.

I like being able to ride around in entry/exit mode with no major clearance issues.

IMG_0993.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread