5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

26" Rims

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
This isn’t that important to the conversation but is related. I test drove a ‘21 limited that was in “transport mode” (salesman’s term)
I think he might of been referring to shipping mode, completely different then transport mode.

Ship mode disables most electronics so it doesn't arrive dead and is not able to be driven off the track into the lot for trailer transport.
This can be turned off with Alfaodb, so I assume they just use a regular dealer tool to do so.
All ram trucks (1500 through 5500) leave the assembly plant in a mode where all nonessential electronic equipment is disable. This is done to help prevent the battery from discharging during shipping. This is called “Ship Mode” or “Logistics Mode.”

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think he might of been referring to shipping mode, completely different then transport mode.

Ship mode disables most electronics so it doesn't arrive dead and is not able to be driven off the track into the lot for trailer transport.
This can be turned off with Alfaodb, so I assume they just use a regular dealer tool to do so.
All ram trucks (1500 through 5500) leave the assembly plant in a mode where all nonessential electronic equipment is disable. This is done to help prevent the battery from discharging during shipping. This is called “Ship Mode” or “Logistics Mode.”
You beat me to it - I was about to respond with the same thing.

Boyvan

Reaction score
I bought my used 2019 Ltd. truck and these 24' came with it. Dont like the ride of these tires - Atturos but that is a discussion for another thread

Attachments

• Side pic.png
    Side pic.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 20

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Yep, this. Same thing djevox was describing.

Users who are viewing this thread