5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

21 Limited .no wheel locks?

U

User_3336

Anything is subjective, just like how I can say Destroyer Grey is the worst color for a truck.
View attachment 149217

They look better then the ugly silver lugnuts they are covering up. on a nearly all black truck because Ram cheaped out and didn't provide matching black lugs on an 80k truck.
DAMN! That truck was $80,000?

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your not missing out on anything the majority of locking lug nuts can be defected with a oversized socket, hammer and impact. Mcgard makes okay ones but if your wanting something better there’s Advanced Wheel Locks – The Ultimate Wheel Locks shouldn’t be about looks either they’re lug nuts either u want chrome or black unless you decide to do the ridiculous long spike lug nuts the truck bros like to run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m curious where the people who are concerned with wheel locks live. I’ve never known anyone who had just their wheels stolen or seen a vehicle with stolen wheels. Entire vehicle stolen - yes.

However, I have known some people who had their wheels stolen so they could get new/ nicer wheels with insurance money.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Go crawl back into your crappy stealership hole already ya goon.
I'm sure you purchased your truck from a dealership.... just saying. All you have to do is admit your mistake, you know the "battery in the radio". It is hard for some to admit, it's a starting point in self healing.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m curious where the people who are concerned with wheel locks live. I’ve never known anyone who had just their wheels stolen or seen a vehicle with stolen wheels. Entire vehicle stolen - yes.

However, I have known some people who had their wheels stolen so they could get new/ nicer wheels with insurance money.
Had a friend in Omaha have the wheels stolen off his Hellcat Charger.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anything is subjective, just like how I can say Destroyer Grey is the worst color for a truck.
View attachment 149217

They look better then the ugly silver lugnuts they are covering up. on a nearly all black truck because Ram cheaped out and didn't provide matching black lugs on an 80k truck.
i was also going to say they dont look good from that amazon.link lol
but on your truck, with the front ram in red matching, they look good

U

User_3336

wheels and tires being stolen is increasing at one place . . . . . dealerships.
No one around after hours. no one around on Sundays. Cameras record the actions after it already happens.

nowheels.jpeg nowheels2.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Your not missing out on anything the majority of locking lug nuts can be defected with a oversized socket, hammer and impact. Mcgard makes okay ones but if your wanting something better there’s Advanced Wheel Locks – The Ultimate Wheel Locks shouldn’t be about looks either they’re lug nuts either u want chrome or black unless you decide to do the ridiculous long spike lug nuts the truck bros like to run.

Those look good, but would want matching conical lug nuts. A single one just looks like you lost a lug nut and just grabbed some random one

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
just got a 21 limited with the 22 inch wheels ...I don't see wheel locks on the wheels. Am i missing something? every car or truck i had with wheels over 20 inchs came with wheel locks..

LOL. My son has a 22 Big Horn with factory-supplied McGard security lugs, one on each wheel. Like an imbecile, he lost the key. I gave him some of my spare, normal, lugs. He's stopping by a dealership today or tomorrow to have the locks removed.

Do you want them? (Again, no key, but that's easily enough procured from McGard or a dealer. Just ask what master fits the lock and tell McGard.)

No serious wheel thief is even slowed down by them. Instead, they make you feel good, until you have a flat at 2 a.m., in the rain, and can't find that friggin' key. ;)

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those look good, but would want matching conical lug nuts. A single one just looks like you lost a lug nut and just grabbed some random one
I thought the same thing. That would be pretty expensive buying 6 sets.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Its not all about looks all the time sometimes function > form especially as a deterrent

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LOL. My son has a 22 Big Horn with factory-supplied McGard security lugs, one on each wheel. Like an imbecile, he lost the key. I gave him some of my spare, normal, lugs. He's stopping by a dealership today or tomorrow to have the locks removed.

Do you want them? (Again, no key, but that's easily enough procured from McGard or a dealer. Just ask what master fits the lock and tell McGard.)

No serious wheel thief is even slowed down by them. Instead, they make you feel good, until you have a flat at 2 a.m., in the rain, and can't find that friggin' key. ;)

That’s a your son problem lol, a bit of common sense goes a long way. Lock the key in the glovebox and leave it there, no need to remove it unless your getting something done that requires it like a tire rotation and make sure its returned prior to leaving who’s ever doing the work. Hopefully the lessons learned now that its costing time/money. Oh and always buy a spare lock key and leave it someone safe at home.

Last edited:
Reactions: c3k

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Right before i met her, my wife had the wheels stolen off her Civic in a decent part of a college town. They got spooked, left one wheel and their jack.

She got new wheels and locks.

I generally toss locks in the trash. Usually more trouble than they're worth. I've just been too lazy to pull them off my truck, but thinking about doing it right now after reading this.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Quality locks are a deterrent. Most thieves are looking for something quick and easy. The harder you make it for them increases the likeliness they’ll move on. Worth the $50-100.

And before someone mention it… yes insurance is there for a reason but why willingly deal with the headache.

Users who are viewing this thread