5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

21 Limited .no wheel locks?

Topsella40

Reaction score
just got a 21 limited with the 22 inch wheels ...I don't see wheel locks on the wheels. Am i missing something? every car or truck i had with wheels over 20 inchs came with wheel locks..

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not a factory option. My dealer added them, but I removed them. They are useless really. They are easy to defeat and if they want the wheels, they will get them.

Topsella40

Reaction score
Not a factory option. My dealer added them, but I removed them. They are useless really. They are easy to defeat and if they want the wheels, they will get them.
def true....but maybe a deterrence ..and a little extra work to get wheel off .,prob not but ..lol

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
My BTS didn't come with them either and I'm ok with that. They aren't automatically installed anyway. To me they are a pain in the @ss and if someone wants the wheels they'll take them anyway they can

kzielu

Reaction score
Maybe the original owner removed them (assume you've bought used) ? I removed mine immediately, they're pain in the *** if you ever have to change the wheel after catching flat tire.
If someone local to me wants them, I can give them out for free (they're in the original Mopar blister packaging).

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I had the option for them but there's really no need for wheel locks where I live. Maybe if I lived in an area with high crime rates I'd use them, or parked in unsecure areas for long stretches of time. As mentioned already, they won't stop someone from stealing the wheels but they may slow someone down and cause them to move to easier pickings.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The dealer installed them on mine as soon as it hit the lot.
It was a $100 dealer-installed option, along with the $2,500 dealer-installed protection plan (that was immediately removed by my imperative).

Last edited:

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
just got a 21 limited with the 22 inch wheels ...I don't see wheel locks on the wheels. Am i missing something? every car or truck i had with wheels over 20 inchs came with wheel locks..
Special order or dealer installed would be my guess. My 19 had wheel locks, my 21 doesn’t!

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wheel locks are a dealer add on, even if selected as an option when ordering.

And as mentioned they are useless. Anyone steeling wheels is probably carrying around a set of easy out style nut removinfs that take no longer to use than a regular lug nut socket. It's not a deterrent anymore.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Saying they look great is subjective
Anything is subjective, just like how I can say Destroyer Grey is the worst color for a truck.
1674085018742.png

They look better then the ugly silver lugnuts they are covering up. on a nearly all black truck because Ram cheaped out and didn't provide matching black lugs on an 80k truck.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anything is subjective, just like how I can say Destroyer Grey is the worst color for a truck.
View attachment 149217

They look better then the ugly silver lugnuts they are covering up. on a nearly all black truck because Ram cheaped out and didn't provide matching black lugs on an 80k truck.
They don't use black lug nuts because there isn't a single black lug nut manufactured anywhere that will stay black. The coating will come off and rust will form. Which would cause multiple warranty claims, and bad customer relations

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 149217

Or just spend a couple of extra dollars and get black or red lug nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread