5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Ram REV Just a Regular 1500 Truck With Electric Underpants

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nobody is buying EVs for long range driving. Yet the most frequent argument against them is range. Which usually comes from people who have no interest in buying an EV no matter what it's range is
Correct, the downside is the range, weight of the batteries, and cost. Electric powertrains are superior to gas in how they drive however, nothing beats instant torque and not having to wait for an engine to spool up to make power.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nobody is buying EVs for long range driving. Yet the most frequent argument against them is range. Which usually comes from people who have no interest in buying an EV no matter what it's range is
Of course nobody is driving EVs for long range driving, because long range driving for EVs isn’t practical. But that doesn’t mean that concerns about range are illegitimate or only raised by people with no interest. The phrase “range anxiety” exists for a reason.

EV skeptics like me would be open to EVs if they had parity with ICE vehicles in terms of range, refueling speed and availability, price (initial purchase and long term), longevity, and total environmental impact. Even those that are reluctant to give up the sound of a V8 would become less opposed.

My point is, concerns about range are completely legitimate and one major reason why many people aren’t ready for EVs.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
The weight from the battery pack puts this truck into 1-ton gas pickup territory in terms of curb weight. That's why it can tow 14,000 lbs. They went with 8-lug axles and that was the only thing holding the 1500 series trucks back. The laws of physics are always present. I'm quite certain that this truck will easily tow to its rated capacity, especially since all automakers are on board now with SAE J2807.

As mentioned the only question is how far can you tow a trailer before you have to start searching for a charge station? If we look at the F-150 with extended range battery, we've seen those getting around 100 miles of range while towing in the real world. BUT, most people are going to need to leave a reserve in the battery because you don't always have a charge station in-line with your route. So let's say effectively you've got 75 miles between stops. RAM is claiming 180 more miles of range when unloaded, so if we do the math maybe we're at 60 miles of towing range over the Ford. So you're still having to stop every 135ish miles or so. Probably won't be a big deal for local jobs, but people driving long trips on vacations are not going to want to put up with that.
Wow that’s the first time I ever heard that the truck has 8 lug wheels and sure enough the pic has 8 lugs! That’s crazy

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Only numbers I care about at this point is who can afford it. If the starting price is $55k...most folks won't do it

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Only numbers I care about at this point is who can afford it. If the starting price is $55k...most folks won't do it

55k, lol. It ain't going to be anywhere close to that. Starting price will be at LEAST 80k.
Ram is gonna milk this one as long as they can then drop the price to sell all the excess stock sitting around rusting.
Will be like some hybrid cars that never offset the increase in price to purchase over Ice unless you put on 300k miles or more.

The price of electricity is skyrocketing too, it's more than doubled for home electricity for me in MA since last January, would need to trade in my EV if I owned one at this rate.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
55k, lol. It ain't going to be anywhere close to that. Starting price will be at LEAST 80k.
Ram is gonna milk this one as long as they can then drop the price to sell all the excess stock sitting around rusting.
Will be like some hybrid cars that never offset the increase in price to purchase over Ice unless you put on 300k miles or more.

The price of electricity is skyrocketing too, it's more than doubled for home electricity for me in MA since last January, would need to trade in my EV if I owned one at this rate.
I think ram is a little smarter then you think. No way will the STARTING price will be that high. It's not a hummer ev.

I say that they need to be at a lower cost compared to the Ford lighting because they need to play catchup at this point. Having a bigger battery and more miles isn't thay important than having a better price point. We know already as consumers that towing will suck and real life mileage isn't going to accurate to the actual ratings

It's the only way they can catch up to gm and Ford.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/