5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 RAM 1500 BIGHORN 3.0 I HURRICANE twin-turbo, SO, 420HP - check engine light

OLLIECB

Reaction score
I just had service completed for this issue at about 700 ish miles. Service advisor when I picked it up said it needed a software update and the check engine light is off now. When I brought it in the advisor stated it was throwing up a misfire on all cylinders code. I said I wanted the code and the high schooler that gave me my keyfob to leave said a tech would call me Monday...allegedly. I hope this isn't a constant issue.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
FWIW, I purchased four new model trucks in my life. The first, even though it was a subtle change, it was the first EFI 318 engine in the 92 Dakota, the second was the 94 Ram, and the third was the 07 C&C, the forth was my 2019 CTD had changed over to the new HPFP (CP4.2). That was a major issue for us owners worrying if it would fail at a time you were in the middle of nowhere. There will be minor issues with a new model truck, and I'm sure they'll have it figured out soon.

djaco

Reaction score
Sigh, also got another code today...2 weeks in, 250 miles on the clock. P059F - active grille shutter. That OBD2 scanner is certainly worth the couple of bucks it cost already.
Will take it in again tomorrow.

I am glad I am only leasing this one...this initial batch of 2025 1500's don't seem on par at all.

Russian Tank

Reaction score

Progress Update - 07/01/2024​

I received a call from a Stellantis representative assigned to oversee the resolution of my issue. I was informed that the problem has reached the Stellantis Head of Quality, as well as senior managers in RCRM and Engineering. We are currently awaiting the new ignition module, which is expected to arrive at the service center this week.

Stellantis has confirmed full reimbursement for all expenses related to the rental vehicle, including Uber rides to and from Enterprise Car Rental. Additionally, I was informed that they will waive several car payments as compensation for the inconvenience caused.

I have been assured that multiple senior-level managers are now overseeing the resolution process. Overall, this is a positive development.

My Thoughts​

Given the price point and the competitive nature of today's car market, it is imperative to prioritize both quality control and customer support. There should be a standard Service Level Agreement (SLA) specifying the maximum duration a service center can hold a vehicle for issue resolution. Additionally, a clear escalation path for technical problems should be established through customer service.

The quality and mechanical readiness, especially at higher price points, should be an absolute priority. Manufacturers must take all possible steps to enhance both quality and customer experience.

My relatively successful resolution can be attributed to my professional experience documenting and communicating issues as a Project Manager for a major utilities firm. However, not all customers have the persistence or time to engage deeply.

All customers should receive equally excellent treatment.

Ronny208

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2025 RAM 1500 BIGHORN 3.0 I HURRICANE twin-turbo with 420HP. With less than 1,000 miles on it, I am incredibly frustrated to have encountered an issue with the check engine light for the second time. Despite using premium gas and driving conservatively, I have had to drop off my truck for service again.

The first time, they ran tests but found nothing. A week later, the light returned, and now my truck is back in service. The lack of online information only adds to my frustration, as I am left without any clear understanding of the cause.

This is a brand-new vehicle, and such issues highlight a significant failure in the QA process. The company must address and resolve this problem promptly. This situation is unacceptable and cannot continue.
I leased a 2025 Ram 1500 Laramie with the 6 cyl twin turbo 420 hp. 6 days old the truck began running rough after starting it and engine light came on. I tool it on and the service lady said and I quote "Oh no, not another one!".

Service Mgr said 1,3 and 5 cylinders aren't firing, its a software issue. Engineers are working on it. He said we've known about this for about 2 weeks but never told me about it when I leased it. Yesterday it sputtered as I tried to merge into traffic! Service Mgr said there's nothing he can do until the solve the software issue.

lonepeak

Reaction score

Progress Update - 07/01/2024​

I received a call from a Stellantis representative assigned to oversee the resolution of my issue. I was informed that the problem has reached the Stellantis Head of Quality, as well as senior managers in RCRM and Engineering. We are currently awaiting the new ignition module, which is expected to arrive at the service center this week.

Stellantis has confirmed full reimbursement for all expenses related to the rental vehicle, including Uber rides to and from Enterprise Car Rental. Additionally, I was informed that they will waive several car payments as compensation for the inconvenience caused.

I have been assured that multiple senior-level managers are now overseeing the resolution process. Overall, this is a positive development.

My Thoughts​

Given the price point and the competitive nature of today's car market, it is imperative to prioritize both quality control and customer support. There should be a standard Service Level Agreement (SLA) specifying the maximum duration a service center can hold a vehicle for issue resolution. Additionally, a clear escalation path for technical problems should be established through customer service.

The quality and mechanical readiness, especially at higher price points, should be an absolute priority. Manufacturers must take all possible steps to enhance both quality and customer experience.

My relatively successful resolution can be attributed to my professional experience documenting and communicating issues as a Project Manager for a major utilities firm. However, not all customers have the persistence or time to engage deeply.

All customers should receive equally excellent treatment.
Thanks for the information this past few weeks. Indeed you took a very professional approach which resulted in a satisfactory resolution. I learned long ago as you have in your work that keeping records of phone calls, receipts and interactions is the most important thing one can do when anticipating an issue with a vendor/dealer. Log everything and it will pay off as no one responds well to just "I think I talked to so and so sometime last week".

You reached the upper eschelons of management including the QA folks and customer service. I'm hoping putting them on notice and costing them time and money will help trickle down to future vehicles coming off the line. Due to the FCA sale to Stellantis and all the moving parts of layoffs and shifting human resources with Stellantis I think we're all a little concerned about their first year QA process. You've set an example we can all benefit from in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread