5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 RAM 1500 BIGHORN 3.0 I HURRICANE twin-turbo, SO, 420HP - check engine light

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately the first model year of any brand has issues. My 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee had new electronics and it was a pain. Keep track of your visits. After 3 times to repair... the lemon law kicks in. Hopefully they get it ironed out

Lemon Law is very state specific. Some states take a LOT more than that to make Lemonade.

MKO

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my 2025 E-torque V6 with 1100 miles. This is so frustrating.
Very!! They have not contacted me in 2 days, so wondering if they are going to be able to resolve this or get me a new truck.

MKO

Reaction score
Lemon Law is very state specific. Some states take a LOT more than that to make Lemonade.
Yes I have been on the state Lemon Law page to read exactly what I would need to do if that is the road we go down. Right now the dealership seems very invested in getting this taken care of as they should be, If you deal with the manufacture then you wouldn't use Lemon Law. But good to research options. Also cost me over $1200 to register it and if they end up needing to put me in a different truck I will also be reimbursed for that as I would then have to pay to register a new truck! What a mess... :(

Russian Tank

Reaction score
I am writing to update you on the unresolved issue with my new truck. Today, 6/27/2024, the authorized RAM service center continues investigating the persistent check engine light that first appeared shortly after purchase. Despite the vehicle being under service since June 15, 2024, there has been no resolution.

Given the unusual nature of this situation, I have escalated the matter to Stellantis, requesting prioritization and immediate intervention. The lack of a functional vehicle and the inadequate response from the service center, including failure to return calls, is unacceptable.

I see that this is a common problem across the board, and it looks like a HUGE scandal will start soon when Stellantis starts firing its top engineers and exes for POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE and SUBSTANDARD products.

Russian Tank

Reaction score
I will also contact my financial institution and let them know that I don't have a vehicle they want me to pay for.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just passed the 500 mile marker. Hope everything is good here, so far no issues other than a clunky transmission. I'm hoping it's just learning still and gets better over time.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, its perfect, I checked. I've OWNED cars and trucks only for the last 40 years.
With forums, you never know. I'd have pulled the code to see what it said, before going to the dealer.

Sucky situation, hope they get it figured out soon!

azzx

Reaction score
1450 miles so far, no check engine light yet.
Had one first week (disconnected the batteries in my failed attempt at installing the trailer brake controller), I forgot to attach the cable mounted on the main battery negative post.
Post correction, the light went away.

another odd thing: my battery voltage when driving does not go over 13.8.
When the stop/start kicks in, it drops to 12.5 V
No starting issues yet.

Russian Tank

Reaction score
Yes seems so, They have had it for 2 days now said that Chrysler is involved because it's brand new 2025. At least they loaned me a 2024 Limited with a Hemi for my troubles with only 1000 miles on it so I'm still riding in luxury while we hopefully get this resolved! updates will follow...
Same thing here - Chrysler is involved. No response yet. The truck have been sitting at the dealer's service since 6/16.

Russian Tank

Reaction score
This is alarming. With a warranty only for 3/36, I worry about the quality of new RAM trucks and am slowly realizing that I may have made a mistake in choosing RAM.

lonepeak

Reaction score
Keep the faith, let this play out for awhile. The dealers are hopefully just ramping up for new models and a few bugs. The word will spread through sales and shops.

Russian Tank

Reaction score
It's downright infuriating how the Chrysler technical engineering team is dragging their feet with awkwardly long response times. It's becoming painfully clear that the authorized services just aren't technically equipped to handle these issues. And what's worse? They think it's acceptable to hold onto a customer's brand new truck for 15-20 days without any sort of technical resolution! Stellantis needs to wake up and realize that our trucks are more than just vehicles; they're our lifeline. I use mine for work, for feeding my family, for picking up my kids from school—literally for everything. This situation is absolutely unacceptable.

lonepeak

Reaction score
I reread your post and totally agree. No excuse for keeping your truck that long. It is inexcusable. You should be getting a daily update from service manager updating you on the progress. If it were me and I was kept in the dark not getting the royal treatment while they had my truck I would be tempted to have my attorney give them a friendly call emphasizing the options you have such as turning vehicle in with full refund, complaining publicly, call to Stellantis management, etc. Anyway hope this gets resolved and FWIW is an example to Stellantis and their lack of QA and inept technicians.

Russian Tank

Reaction score
I reread your post and totally agree. No excuse for keeping your truck that long. It is inexcusable. You should be getting a daily update from service manager updating you on the progress. If it were me and I was kept in the dark not getting the royal treatment while they had my truck I would be tempted to have my attorney give them a friendly call emphasizing the options you have such as turning vehicle in with full refund, complaining publicly, call to Stellantis management, etc. Anyway hope this gets resolved and FWIW is an example to Stellantis and their lack of QA and inept technicians.
Thank you! Any information on Stellantis contacts I need to speak/email? I cannot find any. Their customer service is not responsive. Also, what attorney I could get - any recommendations? As far as public complaints - how do I proceed to get that done? Many thanks in advanced!

lonepeak

Reaction score
There are some folks on here or other threads that have experience with RAM Cares and other means of reaching someone who may help. You can go to RAM truck website and at the bottom there are several ways to contact. I've not had to do that with my current older truck but I know others have. As to an attorney, while I don't have a personal one other than one for a will and trust I would just contact an office, maybe a friends recommendation and bounce the idea off someone before paying anything. They may tell you what kind of fire they can light or to just wait. As to publicity I have heard of a few YouTubers who made complaints about a vehicle and then were contacted by the mfg. That would be more complicated in your situation. Holding a customer at arm's length with a new vehicle is absurd for a vendor.

If it were me I'd just keep calling the service manager for updates and specifically ask what the problem is why it is taking this long. Maybe your sales person can help if same dealer. I would just be a junk yard bull dog, but respectful, and say others are complaining on a RAM forum and you intend to warn others as well. Not sure I'm any help but others here can make suggestions. If not create another thread about how best to get Stellantis attention when you're having an unresolved problem. You didn't exactly say how persistent you are being but keep at it, show up in person, talk to owner/manager, let them know you'll be hanging around and talking to other customers until your truck is done. If for no other reason they won't want you contaminating their customer pool.

lonepeak

Reaction score
Another thing you could do is dress up like a homeless person and hang out in front of the dealership making good use of the restroom and air conditioning. If anyone challenges you just tell them that they've had your $60K truck for 20 days and now you're out of a job until you can get your truck back. A long shot but anything to make them want to get you out of their hair. This entire thing is so unbelievable . . . . . .

Russian Tank

Reaction score
Actions I've taken so far:
  1. Social Media: Posted about the issue on Twitter and tagged Stellantis.
  2. Dealership Communication: Called the dealership approximately 20 times. Received a callback today from the manager, who stated they are still investigating.
  3. Contacted Regional Manager: Emailed the regional district manager for the Midwest USA, but have not received a response.
  4. Customer Feedback: Completed a customer survey, detailing the issue extensively.
  5. Escalation Request: Filed an escalation request with Stellantis Customer Service two days ago. Followed up, but the case manager was unavailable and no one has returned my call.
Mind you....the truck is in service for close to 20 calendar days!

Russian Tank

Reaction score
Another thing you could do is dress up like a homeless person and hang out in front of the dealership making good use of the restroom and air conditioning. If anyone challenges you just tell them that they've had your $60K truck for 20 days and now you're out of a job until you can get your truck back. A long shot but anything to make them want to get you out of their hair. This entire thing is so unbelievable . . . . . .
My truck is close to $70K.

Users who are viewing this thread