5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 RAM 1500 BIGHORN 3.0 I HURRICANE twin-turbo, SO, 420HP - check engine light

lonepeak

Reaction score
Actions I've taken so far:
  1. Social Media: Posted about the issue on Twitter and tagged Stellantis.
  2. Dealership Communication: Called the dealership approximately 20 times. Received a callback today from the manager, who stated they are still investigating.
  3. Contacted Regional Manager: Emailed the regional district manager for the Midwest USA, but have not received a response.
  4. Customer Feedback: Completed a customer survey, detailing the issue extensively.
  5. Escalation Request: Filed an escalation request with Stellantis Customer Service two days ago. Followed up, but the case manager was unavailable and no one has returned my call.
Mind you....the truck is in service for close to 20 calendar days!
It seems like you are doing everything you can do and then some. I for one am putting off ordering, if I even can order, my '25 Limited until this and other things shake out a bit. Keep at it and let us know.

MKO

Reaction score
Just called Dodge to check on status, allegedly the issue has been upgraded and they are waiting to hear back from a higher up engineer at Stellantis. They are saying mechanically there does not seem to be any issue and that it is a software problem. They will call me as soon as they know anything more.....:rolleyes:

Russian Tank

Reaction score
Just called Dodge to check on status, allegedly the issue has been upgraded and they are waiting to hear back from a higher up engineer at Stellantis. They are saying mechanically there does not seem to be any issue and that it is a software problem. They will call me as soon as they know anything more.....:rolleyes:
They have been feeding this BS to me for the last two weeks!

MKO

Reaction score
They have been feeding this BS to me for the last two weeks!
That's what I am worried about! It won't feel to great making my first payment on a truck I'm not even using! And I actually paid them over $40,000.00 cash and financed the rest. They better figure this out.

Russian Tank

Reaction score
Just got a call back from service - they did not find a problem but they will be replacing an ignition module because those have been known to throw the code. The actual code "misfiring" only came up 2 time, the code is not active. The will reset, give me back the truck and call me in 45 days when the ignition module come in. I bought it from Chysler Dodge Jeep Ram Leader Automotive Group, btw. Its in Crystal Lake, Illinois. DO NOT SHOP THERE!

azzx

Reaction score
Try this person also, He is the assistant to the Dodge CEO (Tim Kuniskis).
[email protected]
Also email RAM CEO: Chris Fuel [email protected] , or [email protected]

I have sent them emails - of course, no response yet, except the assignment of a RAMCare person that I have been working with for 3 weeks - no results so far!!!

Last edited:

Russian Tank

Reaction score
Thank you to everyone on this board for your help. I will keep everyone updated on the next steps and resolution of the issue. Hold off on purchasing new RAMs until you see this resolved. I do not wish this on anyone.

The letter below has been emailed to Stellantis Executive Team:
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Stellantis Executive Team
Stellantis Customer Service Executive Team (US)

Stellantis N.V.
100 Stellantis Dr.,
Auburn Hills, MI 48326, USA

Dear Stellantis Executive Team,

I am writing to express my significant dissatisfaction and concern regarding my recent experience with a brand new 2025 RAM 1500 3.0 Twin Turbo, purchased on May 24, 2024, from Crystal Lake Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, a part of the Leader Automotive Group. Unfortunately, the joy of owning a new vehicle was short-lived due to recurring mechanical issues that have significantly impacted my confidence in your product and diminished the value of my purchase.

With less than 500 miles on the odometer, the check engine light illuminated, prompting me to return the vehicle to the dealership at 5404 S. Illinois Route 31, Crystal Lake, IL 60012, for service. Although the light was initially reset and turned off, it reappeared two days later, indicating a persistent issue that was not resolved. Subsequently, I returned the truck to the service center on June 16.

Since then, the communication from the service department has been sporadic and largely uninformative. After numerous calls to ask about the status of my vehicle, I was finally contacted by the main mechanic, who told me that the problem was still under investigation, attributing delays to the newness of the engine and the need for consultations with your engineering department. As of today, June 28, I am without my vehicle, and the lack of a definitive resolution or timeline exacerbates my frustration.

This experience is not only inconvenient but also disappointing. A brand-new vehicle should epitomize reliability and customer satisfaction, not uncertainty and repeated service visits. Seeing my new truck spend more time under service than in my possession is disheartening.

I'd like to ask for a comprehensive explanation of the defect, the steps to resolve it, and a clear timeline for returning my vehicle. Should this issue persist, I expect further compensation or a replacement vehicle that meets Stellantis's quality standards.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Russian Tank

Reaction score
Latest update as of 6/28/2024, 11:00 AM CST

I received a call from Stellantis Customer Care & Experience, Executive Referrals Manager, inquiring about my issue. Stellantis's manager stated that he would contact the service and get a detailed report on this check engine light issue and cover my driving costs while my truck was in service. Also, the manager has stated that he will call me back on Monday with the next steps.

I think I got through, and the system is bothered by the fact that I've Tweeted several public statements tagging Stellanis corporate and #RAMfail, as well as their entire executive team.

I hate to complain, but I need to eat.

Also, Stellantis was especially concerned that the truck was released back to me the first time I dropped it off with stored (not active) misfiring codes without a comprehensive resolution. I hope nobody gets fired cuz it is getting nasty.

lonepeak

Reaction score

I received a call from Stellantis Customer Care & Experience, Executive Referrals Manager, inquiring about my issue. Stellantis's manager stated that he would contact the service and get a detailed report on this check engine light issue and cover my driving costs while my truck was in service. Also, the manager has stated that he will call me back on Monday with the next steps.

I think I got through, and the system is bothered by the fact that I've Tweeted several public statements tagging Stellanis corporate and #RAMfail, as well as their entire executive team.

Also, Stellantis was especially concerned that the truck was released back to me the first time I dropped it off with stored (not active) misfiring codes without a comprehensive resolution. I hope nobody gets fired cuz it is getting nasty.
You have awakened the beast and hopefully this will positively affect all of us downstream. A smart executive will recognize the implications for poor quality management. You've let the world know publicly, at least part of it, and that will get the needed attention, I hope. Of course we don't know how many buyers have not experienced this problem, only the ones here. Time will tell as more '25 buyers log on or other venues report. Will be awhile before any HO buyers can report as those continued to be delayed.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Doubtful anyone will get fired, but glad you figured out how to reach the right folks!

azzx

Reaction score

Good for you!
Thank you for your efforts, I hope it will help the rest of us with our issues.

larryinokc

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2025 RAM 1500 BIGHORN 3.0 I HURRICANE twin-turbo with 420HP. With less than 1,000 miles on it, I am incredibly frustrated to have encountered an issue with the check engine light for the second time. Despite using premium gas and driving conservatively, I have had to drop off my truck for service again.

The first time, they ran tests but found nothing. A week later, the light returned, and now my truck is back in service. The lack of online information only adds to my frustration, as I am left without any clear understanding of the cause.

This is a brand-new vehicle, and such issues highlight a significant failure in the QA process. The company must address and resolve this problem promptly. This situation is unacceptable and cannot continue.
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I've had my new truck for 3 weeks, and only drive it back and forth to work. It has less than 500 miles on it, and the light has come on 4 times now. The dealer has diagnosed it every time, it throws a plethora of codes (22 active and stored codes to date). The biggest re-occurring code is the cam timing sensor. They're trying to weasel out of fixing it, blaming the code(s) on the led tail light bulbs I installed, which is a load of crap. Any bulb issues will leave a code in the BCM, NOT the PCM . They supposedly completely wiped and re-installed the software on the PCM and did some kind of major update, didn't solve the problem. I have a co-worker that bought one, the check engine light came on before he even got it home.

Users who are viewing this thread