5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Manufacturing Observations

lonepeak

Reaction score
I heard that on of their suppliers have asked for more money for an item that has Stelantis in court. Anyone heard this or can verify?
This could make some sense. If parties are in a lawsuit then they cannot discuss the subject matter. It could also be consistent with a parts shortage or in this case dispute over costs of parts.

dammitbobby

Reaction score
I wonder if RAM were to see a surge in deposit/cancelation request, would they start building then?
That’s not how that works unfortunately. Dealers order the truck they get it whether you “Cancel“ it or not thats why it’s usually non refundable deposit. Stellantis makes its money selling to dealers they don’t make any more or less money if you take the truck or go to a different brand.

PetePA

Reaction score
I know there's a lot of doom and gloom with the SHAP shutdown likely being 3 weeks in July... However Limiteds production has increased by 20% for the last 2 days. They're ramping up quickly.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ditto on being PO'd. Crazy business model they have.... there are customers ready and willing to spend serious money on high end trucks, and they keep us at arm's length. I really don't see the downside to at least a little open communication.
I want (wanted) the Ram. But I'm using a loaner now and it's getting old. I personally was waiting until early June to see if something broke loose, and it hasn't. So it's time to look at Denali and take one for a ride.
This 6.2 V8 is sweet...

I wonder if RAM were to see a surge in deposit/cancelation request, would they start building then?
Special orders are such a small percentage of overall sales I bet they could care less. But, they are losing a lot of sales to Ford and GM by not having high end trucks on the lots...

Last edited:

Ski Bum

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new to the forum and new to Ram. I custom ordered a 2025 Ram 1500 Laramie, Level 2, Advanced Safety Group II, etc. on 5/31/2024. I got the confirmation and VIN assigned 6/1/2024. From what I've read on the forums, it takes around 3 months for delivery, but seems to fluctuate depending on trim and options. Any insights that folks can share are greatly appreciated. Thanks

dammitbobby

Reaction score
I know there's a lot of doom and gloom with the SHAP shutdown likely being 3 weeks in July... However Limiteds production has increased by 20% for the last 2 days. They're ramping up quickly.
I just wish they’d start making some with limited level 1 equipment group.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello everyone, new to the forum and new to Ram. I custom ordered a 2025 Ram 1500 Laramie, Level 2, Advanced Safety Group II, etc. on 5/31/2024. I got the confirmation and VIN assigned 6/1/2024. From what I've read on the forums, it takes around 3 months for delivery, but seems to fluctuate depending on trim and options. Any insights that folks can share are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Take everything you've read on here from prior model years and throw it out the window.

2025s are proving to be anything but the norm...

lonepeak

Reaction score
Welcome. Also FYI, were kinda a cranky bunch cause the Limited andTungsten trims are still not being produced and some have had orders in for 6 months. Happy to hear your order moving along. My 15’ Laramie just turned over 100k and no problems. I predict you’ll be happy.

shoes508

Reaction score
As someone who ordered a loaded Bighorn (all relative I know) I've been impressed with how quickly things are moving. Confirmed 5/14, scheduled 5/21, in production 5/29, built 5/31...according to their order tracker. Built in 2 days is hard to believe but happy it's moving no matter. Just needs to ship now!

RockyTopRowdy

Reaction score
I ordered my Laramie January 30th and just got an estimated delivery of August 15

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
This 6.2 V8 is sweet...

Special orders are such a small percentage of overall sales I bet they could care less. But, they are losing a lot of sales to Ford and GM by not having high end trucks on the lots...
the only prob with the GM 6.2 is it loves gas too much. it gets nowhere close to the rated MPGs., I had one in my company truck. lots of power but wont pass a gas station.
if I got the denali I will stick with the 5.3 I know they get a bad rap for reliability, but I have had 4 in the past and not one has failed on me.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
As someone who ordered a loaded Bighorn (all relative I know) I've been impressed with how quickly things are moving. Confirmed 5/14, scheduled 5/21, in production 5/29, built 5/31...according to their order tracker. Built in 2 days is hard to believe but happy it's moving no matter. Just needs to ship now!
welcome Shoes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online