5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Manufacturing Observations

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Here's a quick update with only one chart. I circled three spots on the chart. The first two appear to be ramp up of Rebel and then Tradesmen production. The third appears to be the start of the Limiteds ramp up. Ramp ups about 28 days apart (4 weeks). If SHAP has the scheduled downtime at the end of this month, Tungsten should start immediately after the downtime. Limiteds should have begun shipping before the downtime. Pure speculation.
thanks for the update.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
Don't want to get my hopes up, but will be watching the thread for updates this afternoon. Really hoping the Tungsten opens up again soon.

lonepeak

Reaction score
Spoke to my dealer re: the allocation call this AM. He said they didn't address specifically the hands free or Group A but they did say they were going to loosen up some Limited orders in June. Then he said they are closed for entire month of July. He said his computer order sheet still shows the A group restricted but to call him in the morning as sometime they make changes overnight after an announcement. I'm kinda getting tired of the RAM mumbo jumbo.

Those of you who have pending orders may see something in June but for new orders not sure I would see anything now until September. By then the '25 Denali and Fords will be shown and if RAM still playing footsie then I'm going to look for more than 4% under invoice or move on to someone who wants to sell trucks.

They have been advertising these trucks now for months and just not the lower trims. This is reached the BS level for me. I'll report in AM if I learn anything more.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Spoke to my dealer re: the allocation call this AM. He said they didn't address specifically the hands free or Group A but they did say they were going to loosen up some Limited orders in June. Then he said they are closed for entire month of July. He said his computer order sheet still shows the A group restricted but to call him in the morning as sometime they make changes overnight after an announcement. I'm kinda getting tired of the RAM mumbo jumbo.

Those of you who have pending orders may see something in June but for new orders not sure I would see anything now until September. By then the '25 Denali and Fords will be shown and if RAM still playing footsie then I'm going to look for more than 4% under invoice or move on to someone who wants to sell trucks.

They have been advertising these trucks now for months and just not the lower trims. This is reached the BS level for me. I'll report in AM if I learn anything more.
agree with you totally, if my truck isn't scheduled soon as ram cares told me and they shut down the whole month of July, I believe I will be done. sad this would be my first non-GM product too.

dammitbobby

Reaction score

Thanks for the info, I feel your sentiment. The “loosen up some limited orders in June“ is what annoys me the most. All vehicles should have been produced at the same time, even if it was a month apart it’s now June production started in march and not a single limited has been delivered and they’re not even talking about the tungsten.

edit: shutting down the whole month of July is absolutely wild to me seems like an excessive amount of time.

Last edited:

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The must of parts shortages, I can't see them not wanted to get trucks out to sell. I relize they may be saturated on Big Horns and Laramies now but they should be building the hire trims anyway.

cobra kai

Reaction score
Not my thing personally, but I think it would look amazing... In the forged blue metallic!
The lack of night edition ordering ability was why I ordered a Limited as opposed to a Tungsten. I think this combo would look great. Along those lines, I also don't care for not being able to order night edition with the black/red interior option. I understand to a degree that limiting various combinations that can be ordered a la carte is a cost control measure, but I'm unsure why RAM limits the Night edition/Tungsten combo and the Night edition + red/black interior combo. Seems odd.

dammitbobby

Reaction score
The lack of night edition ordering ability was why I ordered a Limited as opposed to a Tungsten. I think this combo would look great. Along those lines, I also don't care for not being able to order night edition with the black/red interior option. I understand to a degree that limiting various combinations that can be ordered a la carte is a cost control measure, but I'm unsure why RAM limits the Night edition/Tungsten combo and the Night edition + red/black interior combo. Seems odd.
You would think night edition plus red and black interior would be an option they allow. But also if I’m spending 80k on a truck I should be able to get it however I want from the factory lol.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
I couldn’t agree more. It’s been over six months since the reveal, when they said availability in 1Q24. We’re on the downside of 2Q and still have many restrictions.
I wonder what the 2Q sales numbers will look like. And what excuses they’ll give.

The lack of communication is what bothers me the most.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score

We're watching the downfall of Stellantis in real time, what a ****show this launch is.

I'm in a '24 Escalade rental for over a week and wow - Super Cruise is sweet! Now if only GM could figure out how to put the pano roof in their pickups.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
We're watching the downfall of Stellantis in real time, what a ****show this launch is.

I'm in a '24 Escalade rental for over a week and wow - Super Cruise is sweet! Now if only GM could figure out how to put the pano roof in their pickups.
Agree completely. Stellantis seems to be looking for every excuse to eliminate the Ram and Dodge brands... either that or they have the absolute worst understanding of how the vehicle business in America really works. Mid-cycle refresh six years in, lack of development on truly viable new vehicles, chasing top performing execs from the company, and vehicle availability that is really no better than it was during the height of covid. I just purchased a brand new Last Call Challenger for less than I paid for the one I bought on 2012... Between that and the Ram I shouldn't need to purchase a new vehicle for quite a while, and if I do, I feel like there won't be anything left from this company that will be worth buying.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Agree completely. Stellantis seems to be looking for every excuse to eliminate the Ram and Dodge brands... either that or they have the absolute worst understanding of how the vehicle business in America really works. Mid-cycle refresh six years in, lack of development on truly viable new vehicles, chasing top performing execs from the company, and vehicle availability that is really no better than it was during the height of covid. I just purchased a brand new Last Call Challenger for less than I paid for the one I bought on 2012... Between that and the Ram I shouldn't need to purchase a new vehicle for quite a while, and if I do, I feel like there won't be anything left from this company that will be worth buying.
I'm starting to regret not buying that Denali a couple weeks ago and demanding my deposit back on the ram now. I am getting more than frustrated almost to point of being p---ed.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
I'm starting to regret not buying that Denali a couple weeks ago and demanding my deposit back on the ram now. I am getting more than frustrated almost to point of being p---ed.
Ditto on being PO'd. Crazy business model they have.... there are customers ready and willing to spend serious money on high end trucks, and they keep us at arm's length. I really don't see the downside to at least a little open communication.
I want (wanted) the Ram. But I'm using a loaner now and it's getting old. I personally was waiting until early June to see if something broke loose, and it hasn't. So it's time to look at Denali and take one for a ride.

lonepeak

Reaction score
Ok here we go, no good news. Checked back with my dealer manager today thinking there might be a change overnight from the allocation call yesterday. The Group A is still in restriction today!!. He had in writing from his contact that SHAP making the 1500s is closed for July. He is as frustrated as we are and said it's really difficult being a RAM dealer right now. Even when he ordered a few Bighorns earlier he was told that he couldn't check certain boxes in order to get them and he said they are very basic. Agreed this is a RAM s**t show.

Also said even if orders opened up this month nothing would get done until August and then maybe 90 day delivery. November anyone?

My plan for now is to keep driving my '15 Laramie which turned over 100K and still runs fine. Maybe plan to keep into the new year and look at all the new 25's and see what RAM, Denali and Ford is offering. Have two more trips planned this summer and now know I won't be driving a new vehicle. Dealer also agreed that building up a Laramie would still not include what I want. I'm going to check with Denali dealer one more time to see if any trucks with my specs still available but I don't think so.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Ditto on being PO'd. Crazy business model they have.... there are customers ready and willing to spend serious money on high end trucks, and they keep us at arm's length. I really don't see the downside to at least a little open communication.
I want (wanted) the Ram. But I'm using a loaner now and it's getting old. I personally was waiting until early June to see if something broke loose, and it hasn't. So it's time to look at Denali and take one for a ride.
same with me I am in a loaner 2018 grand Cherokee. dealer has been good but rams' production model Sucks. in my business you don't make Buyers wait a week let alone for 6 months well 5 technically but still. really bad roll out. they should not have let us order them if they couldn't build them or get the parts in a timely manner. I would happily have gone somewhere else and may still. the wife is involved now she was asking me about its last night, and she isn't happy Lol.

dammitbobby

Reaction score
On the plus side limiteds listed as being built has jumped significantly since last week. As of this post there are 388 listed limiteds and LL’s being built per rams website. That’s almost double what it was Friday. Unfortunately still no limited level A trucks being built.

lonepeak

Reaction score
Something else I'm wondering and maybe someone knows is when the Gen 6 RAM will come out since this Gen 5 1/2 is getting long in the tooth. What if we buy a '25 this year and then in 26' they introduce an updated Gen 6, same I6 but new body style more proven electronics, etc. This would argue to buy another brand for 24' and then waiting to order late 25 for the 26s. Not everyone could do that but I have no loans and a 24 would still bring a good price/trade-in.

MT755

Reaction score
I heard that on of their suppliers have asked for more money for an item that has Stelantis in court. Anyone heard this or can verify?

PetePA

Reaction score
I heard that on of their suppliers have asked for more money for an item that has Stelantis in court. Anyone heard this or can verify?
Sounds like the Sriracha scandal

dcchris311

Reaction score
I wonder if RAM were to see a surge in deposit/cancelation request, would they start building then?

Users who are viewing this thread