5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Builder is UP!

jdawgjm

Reaction score
Unlikely.
I got my 2022 Limited for 66.5k. How cheaper can a Tungsten get? MSRP is like 96k, it's a joke.
Exactly my thoughts. I also got mine in the high 60s from 82k. Would I pay more for the tungsten? Sure! But not 12k more …

ChrisID

Reaction score
For those that buy the way I do:
25 Laramie SO, air, ORG, level 1 = $72K
25 Limited HO, air, ORG = $80K
Both very similar spec out except SO vs HO. +$8K, however would lose approx $3-4 K at trade with Laramie vs Limited. So about $4K for the HO, maybe some other minimal stuff. Tough call.

dcchris311

Reaction score
For those that buy the way I do:
25 Laramie SO, air, ORG, level 1 = $72K
25 Limited HO, air, ORG = $80K
Both very similar spec out except SO vs HO. +$8K, however would lose approx $3-4 K at trade with Laramie vs Limited. So about $4K for the HO, maybe some other minimal stuff. Tough call.
Well that's an unfair comparison. The Limited comes standard with a 33gal tank, power step boards and a few other items. If you to option the Laramie to the "Standard" specs of a Limited than it would be closer to ~4k difference between each model. By then the better choice would be the Limited, which as you said would net a better trade in.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not at all. The 2025’s have a whole new canbus architecture (just like the wagoneer), utilizing CAN FD now. Alfaobd and JScan won’t even be able to connect to a 2025, and it’ll be a while before anyone comes out with something that can do vehicle configuration changes.
Just....wow. Another reason to not look at '25 Rams. I know progress happens, but it almost feels like Ram only wants people to buy fully loaded trucks.

ChrisID

Reaction score
Well that's an unfair comparison. The Limited comes standard with a 33gal tank, power step boards and a few other items. If you to option the Laramie to the "Standard" specs of a Limited than it would be closer to ~4k difference between each model. By then the better choice would be the Limited, which as you said would net a better trade in.
hmmm, I missed some stuff, thanks, so I redid the laramie and when adding the e-steps it forces level 2 which jumps it to 75K, so you're right. can't find an option for the 33g on laramie, should be avail though cause I get the 6-4 bed.. while nice, i'm not in love with the e-steps and i added these on my '20 Laramie which tuck in nice. so yes, I am at 72 vs 80 still rough (for me).
And I own a '21 limited now as well, so to me it's still about the SO vs HO. I'll drive them both, the 20 needs to go this fall, have time.
Thanks dcchris
ram.jpg

PetePA

Reaction score
I just did some digging. Apparently Ram manufacturers about 40,000 trucks per month. If that's accurate, I'm surprised that they've only had 665 2025 lower trims listed as "being built" for over a week. I couldn't find a breakdown of 1500 vs 2500 etc, but I'd guess that it's well over 50% the 1500. Surely they'll be listing more soon?

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just did some digging. Apparently Ram manufacturers about 40,000 trucks per month. If that's accurate, I'm surprised that they've only had 665 2025 lower trims listed as "being built" for over a week. I couldn't find a breakdown of 1500 vs 2500 etc, but I'd guess that it's well over 50% the 1500. Surely they'll be listing more soon?
Where did you get that data? Just curious.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
I'm shocked at the price of the 2025 1500's. o_O

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Just....wow. Another reason to not look at '25 Rams. I know progress happens, but it almost feels like Ram only wants people to buy fully loaded trucks.
Actually, most all of the brands are moving in the loaded truck direction, and some are even dropping certain lower end model configurations all together.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Just using what's left over from end of model year in the order system:

2023 Elite w/ Every Option: $87,865
2024 Elite w/ Every Option: $89,165
2025 Tungsten w/ Every Option: $94,975

Does the $12K include the fact that you paid less for your '23 than sticker, but using sticker for '25?
lmaoooo what a joke prices are now a days. 80-100k for a 1500 boys! yay.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
For those prices I could of gotten an level 2 TRX.
For those prices doing a resto mod on an old generation Dodge Ram adding some newer creature comforts is very appealing. Hellcat motor and all. Why mess around.😆

Davidbt

Reaction score
For ****s and giggles I decided to build a Big Horn on 2025 build site. Am I understanding correctly that the 33 gallon tank is no longer a option on the lower trim trucks? All I can find is the 26 gallon tank.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
I went back and opened the Ram site which has the 2025 specs, and it went to the same 2024 specs, it just seems to early to build a 2025 on the web. I'd be willing to bet the dealer would have the codes for the 33 gallon tank, if your willing to sit down at a dealer. I ordered a truck in 2007, and its not the same what the dealer has vrs the web. Good luck. :)

Davidbt

Reaction score
I went back and opened the Ram site which has the 2025 specs, and it went to the same 2024 specs, it just seems to early to build a 2025 on the web. I'd be willing to bet the dealer would have the codes for the 33 gallon tank, if your willing to sit down at a dealer. I ordered a truck in 2007, and its not the same what the dealer has vrs the web. Good luck. :)
Thanks, I was just bored and was just playing around on the site. I don't think I will be letting go of my 2021 in the near future. I'm retired and on a limited budget. If I was to upgrade, it would probably be a 2500 with the 6.4 Hemi.

RAM 4times

Reaction score
Ordered my Tungsten this past Monday in Bright white adding only the bed utility group and the trailer tow group. Trading in my 2019 Ram 1500 i ordered in 2018. Thought about going with another Limited, but even though i wish the Tungsten gave us an option for a black interior i liked the way the exterior looked better than the Limited. I don't expect it to show up at my dealer for 12 weeks or so.

Users who are viewing this thread