5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Builder is UP!

PetePA

Reaction score
What trim and configuration are you ordering? I'm going for Tungsten, forged blue metallic with the trailer tow and bed utility packages and the electronic locking rear axle.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
OH THANK THE LORDY! At least now people will believe me when I say what's going on.... for the most part.
There are of course items that will not be so precisely accurate, will try to post them up in this thread and keep it alive from time to time.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
OH THANK THE LORDY! At least now people will believe me when I say what's going on.... for the most part.
There are of course items that will not be so precisely accurate, will try to post them up in this thread and keep it alive from time to time.
its adding tow mirrors in the picture on the limited when you select just the tow group minus the tow tech group. that's incorrect according to my actual order it should have just the regular premium mirrors on it. I think it is just a picture thing on the web site though. when I ordered my limited if you added the tech tow group on top of the reg towing group that's when it added the towing mirrors it's the only reason, I didn't get it.

pensfan

Reaction score
The website is half baked. Do they not test before posting this stuff. When you add things like the Night Edition or Sport Package the main picture doesn't update with the changes. All I get are 3 dots going across the page continuously. I get the same thing on Firefox and Edge.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Messing with it now...glad the big horn has the ramboxes back. And no back country package...maybe I missed something last year.

Tried to match up as closely as to my 2022 build and with the upgraded engine it's about $5k more. That's a big deal...for a tough truck market.

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had a few pop up option selections not allow me to choose anything and was at a dead end. Had to back out and try again.

Same engineers that developed UConnect must be taking a break and working on this.🙄

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
its adding tow mirrors in the picture on the limited when you select just the tow group minus the tow tech group. that's incorrect according to my actual order it should have just the regular premium mirrors on it. I think it is just a picture thing on the web site though. when I ordered my limited if you added the tech tow group on top of the reg towing group that's when it added the towing mirrors it's the only reason, I didn't get it.
You are correct, the TOW TECH triggers the mirror requirement, not just the TOW GROUP itself.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Messing with it now...glad the big horn has the ramboxes back. And no back country package...maybe I missed something last year.

Tried to match up as closely as to my 2022 build and with the upgraded engine it's about $5k more. That's a big deal...for a tough truck market.

There are quite a few more standard features that were not on the 2024s, let alone back to 2022 - but without seeing your build of course hard to say exactly what would be additional.
Just for starters the adaptive cruise wasn't even available as an option on 2024 Bighorn, let alone included in standard features.

But def sad to see no backcountry :(

Dewey

Reaction score
There are quite a few more standard features that were not on the 2024s, let alone back to 2022 - but without seeing your build of course hard to say exactly what would be additional.
Just for starters the adaptive cruise wasn't even available as an option on 2024 Bighorn, let alone included in standard features.

But def sad to see no backcountry :(
From the build numbers it looks like they never sold enough BackCountry to make it worthwhile. Not surprised they cut them.

I’m happy to have a limited production truck. Something different I never see. Won’t be worth anymore in resale though but that’s fine.

PT1911

Reaction score

This is pretty much why I just bought a 24' Limited the other day! I just built one as close to the one I just bought, and it is $89k compared to the $84k of the 24' I just bought (and with the current deals it was down to $69k).

To go along with that, I definitely didn't want Ramboxes and the Limited forces you into those.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
I built the exact same build as my '19 Longhorn, with the caveat that it has the HO vs the Pentastar. $19k difference in MSRP between the two otherwise identically optioned trucks...

dcchris311

Reaction score
I currently have a order for a Tungsten but I might switch to a Limited. I've been watching all the YouTube videos of the Tungsten and I'm not very fond of the amount of blue. Yes, I know that's the standard interior color but I was imagining a bit of black. I don't really want blue door panels. It reminds me of the vynl interiors of the classics cars. What I don't like about getting a Limited is that the options I want will put me at 92k, which is in the Tungsten territory. Eventually I would move onto a RHO and the Tungsten would probably net me a better trade in value over a similar equipped Limited. First world problems.....

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gotta love them little subtle price increases in almost every line item compared to previous years. Corporate greed.

Or, it's not really corporate greed at all, but necessary to cover a HUGE increase in labor costs associated with UAW strike that was recently settled.

Dewey

Reaction score
Or, it's not really corporate greed at all, but necessary to cover a HUGE increase in labor costs associated with UAW strike that was recently settled.
They already made huge cuts on the salaried side to offset that.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This morning, the build page wasn't showing the interior. Looks like that's fixed, at least for now*

Longhorn has gone back to the old filigree and all brown interior. I prefer the black and brown of my 2021 Longhorn. Not bad, but this is a bit much for me.

* I wanted to see what the Laramie with the "Bison Brown / Sea Salt" interior looks like, but it turns out that interior view isn't completely working after all. Ram, I can hook you up with some good web devs if you need help!

1708639198963.png

Icecoldak

Reaction score
I really want the Tungsten, but having the Ram Boxes that you cannot delete really has me thinking about it! Hopefully at some point soon that can be an Optional delete----

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really want the Tungsten, but having the Ram Boxes that you cannot delete really has me thinking about it! Hopefully at some point soon that can be an Optional delete----

Yea, that would be a no-go for me as well and it looks like they are standard on all models above the Laramie. Looks like all models above the Laramie trim also come standard with the HO motor which is another no-go for me.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I built the exact same build as my '19 Longhorn, with the caveat that it has the HO vs the Pentastar. $19k difference in MSRP between the two otherwise identically optioned trucks...
I did the same with my (loaded) ‘19 Longhorn, but it was “only” $15-16K more for a ‘25.

Of course, if I load up a Tungsten, I’d be more than $20K over the old sticker.

Users who are viewing this thread