5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Builder is UP!

stakxyn

Reaction score
Essentially, for a HO engine you’ll be swallowing a $90k+ ram 1500… I don’t see the value in that.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know it is not official, but when I was at the dealer last week I was told they just got word to expect the Ramcharger to be 9% over the comparable trim level gas engine.
Not suprised by that if it was true...but that's how corporate greed comes into play and shoot themselves in the foot with pricing.

If it was closer in pricing on regular ice engine, folks will see value on it and will pay a little extra for that upgrade. If it was a 2-5% increase people would do that.

Kinda really the downfall of EV...price (range is the other issue)

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

FYRSTIX

Reaction score
So much I don't like about the '25. Don't like the grill, the 22" wheels, the lack of Patriot Blue, mandatory RamBox and 3.92 rear end on some trims.

How late can I order a 2024?

PetePA

Reaction score
So much I don't like about the '25. Don't like the grill, the 22" wheels, the lack of Patriot Blue, mandatory RamBox and 3.92 rear end on some trims.

How late can I order a 2024?

I was told by the dealer that you are not able to order the 2024 anymore. That was about 3 weeks ago. That's how I ended up looking at the 2025, and a member of this forum, actually!

The Forged Blue Metallic looks pretty darn good. You don't like that as good as the Patriot Blue?

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A couple of youtube channels are ripping into the price for the 2025 rams.

Base bighorn...4x4 crew cab level 1 (because you have to pick a level)..starting price is $55k and only includes the 3.6 pentastar engine. Just insane pricing.

Stellantis just doesn't understand their customers.

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

BlueHemi1500

Reaction score
Well, I'm upside down on my current truck so, not even worth the time to seriously look.
But I did look into the cookie jar so to speak. I noted a few things the old top of the line is now the closer to the upper middle of the models.
I priced a Laramie and a Limited just for fun. The Limited ended up about 1800 more than the Laramie with options to reach close to the Limited with a few options.
So in a few years, I will look back in the cookie jar and maybe grab me a cookie.
Until then I will be watching the owner's reports on how the new Hurricane motors hold up in the real world of ownership vs the testing world.

BlueHemi1550

Jonathan19Limited

Reaction score
Yet more nonsense. A 2023 Stellantis profit margin 12.8% doesn't support an accusation of greed. Since the beginning of 2021 we have experienced a total inflation rate around 20%. They had to increase prices to avoid another bankruptcy; not out of greed. Now at the end of 2023 they felt the need appease UAW demands which resulted in nearly a 30% increase in the cost of labor. Off course 2025 model trucks will be significantly higher. The millions of owners of the company demand they at least contribute something to their 401K or retirement plan and stay out of bankruptcy.
UAW assembly labor accounts for approx. 7% of the cost of a vehicle. Their rate increases aren't whats caused these huge price hikes. The price increases started long before the strike, mostly when inflation kicked up in early 2022.

Add to that, all truck manufacturers are now forcing you to buy mandatory expensive option group packages for things that you used to be able to select ala carte. Ford and Ram have both gotten particularly bad about this the past couple years.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
UAW assembly labor accounts for approx. 7% of the cost of a vehicle. Their rate increases aren't whats caused these huge price hikes. The price increases started long before the strike, mostly when inflation kicked up in early 2022.

Add to that, all truck manufacturers are now forcing you to buy mandatory expensive option group packages for things that you used to be able to select ala carte. Ford and Ram have both gotten particularly bad about this the past couple years.

As I previously stated, the price increases started prior to the strike because we've had a cumulative inflation rate of around 20% in the last 3 year. Their profit margin was below 13%. I'm making almost half that amount by just buying a CD at my bank and have no risk whatsoever.

While the cost of new vehicles is increasing so is the value of your used vehicle. In 2021 I purchased a Chevy Impala with 8K miles from a car dealer. After 2 years and 14000 miles of driving I sold that care to a new car dealer for $2500 more than I paid for it. I just traded my 2017 Laramie and got 63% of what I paid new on trade in.

Exactly how much profit do you think is acceptable? How many more times do you want to bail them out of bankruptcy?

raskyr1

Reaction score
Yet more nonsense. A 2023 Stellantis profit margin 12.8% doesn't support an accusation of greed. Since the beginning of 2021 we have experienced a total inflation rate around 20%. They had to increase prices to avoid another bankruptcy; not out of greed. Now at the end of 2023 they felt the need appease UAW demands which resulted in nearly a 30% increase in the cost of labor. Off course 2025 model trucks will be significantly higher. The millions of owners of the company demand they at least contribute something to their 401K or retirement plan and stay out of bankruptcy.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I don't understand your point. No one is questioning price increases; it's just not due to greed.. Stellantis profit margin was still below 13% for 2023.

Often, the reason for a manufacturing price increase above average inflation is due to an inflated cost of manufacturing resources that far exceed average inflation. E.g. The price of Steel has skyrocketed in the last few years far above average inflation. A labor strike limited to a particular industry can also inflate labor costs beyond the average.

It's nearly impossible for greed to exist in a competitive market because buyers will just go to the competition. It's not greed for a CEO to maximize profits for stakeholders; that is entirely their job. Stellantis has millions of stakeholders and it's very likely you are one of them.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't understand your point. No one is questioning price increases; it's just not due to greed.. Stellantis profit margin was still below 13% for 2023.
Stellantis posts record $12.1B net profit in first half of 2023

Stellantis said it set new records for its financial results in the first half of 2023, including $12 billion (10.9 billion euros) in net profit.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s one of the great things about this country:
If you don’t think a company’s profit margins are acceptable, you have the freedom to choose not to buy their product.

Absolutely and that's exactly why greed is an unlikely cause of prices increases. People will just find a competitor that is not as high priced.

Last edited:

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Stellantis said it set new records for its financial results in the first half of 2023, including $12 billion (10.9 billion euros) in net profit.

Stories that rely on net profit are attempting to dupe you, because it's a meaningless figure. It completely ignores the size of the company and how many stakeholders (owners) the company has. Also, if they made $1 more than any other year they have made record profits so record profits is also a meaningless sensational term intended to manipulate.

THINK. If they made 12 billion in net profits and a profit margin of only 13%, guess how much money they spent to make that net 12 billion. Guess where that billions of dollars of expenses went. Stellantis directly employs nearly 275,000 employees and has millions of owners.

The fact remains their profit margin for 2023 was below 13%. Visa has a profit margin of 51%, Apple and Amazon are around 43%, and Microsoft 36%.

Go ahead and believe it's greed if that makes you feel better. If you can't understand the facts I am presenting then I just can't give you the education in economics and business finance that you need.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I meant to stay out of this, but resistance is futile.

“Greed” is a lazy argument. Politicians use it to cover up their own reckless spending. Isn’t it interesting how corporate greed coincides with record deficits and money printing? What a coinkydink.

The fact is, “greed” doesn’t explain why prices go up. If companies could just charge whatever they want—or whatever their greed desires—why don’t they double or quadruple prices? Why do prices sometimes come down? Does greed ebb and flow like the tide?

Have you ever gotten a raise, or sought another job for better pay? How greedy of you!

Trucks, like any good, sell for what people are willing to pay. Employees are paid not based on the greed or generosity of their employer, but on what people are willing to pay for their services (which is then based on their marginal productivity, which is based on their skills and experience, etc).

The costs of goods, services, and employees are based on supply and demand.

TLDR: when you blame “greed” you broadcast that you have no understanding of basic economics.

U

User_3336

I managed to the the interior of the Laramie to load. The Sea Salt/Bison Brown reminds me of my 2019 Laramie.

I'm completely window shopping; I don't plan on buying a new truck for years. But when the time comes, I really, really, really don't want an all black interior. I love my 2021 Longhorn interior, but neither this Laramie nor the new Longhorn really do it for me.

The new interiors I like the best are probably the Tungsten and the Rebel in red and black, but as a Gator, I'd never admit that.

View attachment 177571
Similar in the Silverado (kinda). GIDEON / VERY DARK ATMOSPHERE

interior.jpg interior2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They must have overstock in that sea salt material the way it seems like they’re pushing the lighter color material. I wouldn’t mind a dark brown or maybe caramel interior color w/o going Longhorn. Beige or a light tan has just never held up great for me in past vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PetePA

Reaction score
I meant to stay out of this, but resistance is futile.

“Greed” is a lazy argument. Politicians use it to cover up their own reckless spending. Isn’t it interesting how corporate greed coincides with record deficits and money printing? What a coinkydink.

The fact is, “greed” doesn’t explain why prices go up. If companies could just charge whatever they want—or whatever their greed desires—why don’t they double or quadruple prices? Why do prices sometimes come down? Does greed ebb and flow like the tide?

Have you ever gotten a raise, or sought another job for better pay? How greedy of you!

Trucks, like any good, sell for what people are willing to pay. Employees are paid not based on the greed or generosity of their employer, but on what people are willing to pay for their services (which is then based on their marginal productivity, which is based on their skills and experience, etc).

The costs of goods, services, and employees are based on supply and demand.

TLDR: when you blame “greed” you broadcast that you have no understanding of basic economics.
I'm new to the forum so was staying out of an obviously touchy subject 😂 but agree with everything you said.

The only thing I'd be interested in is everyone's perspective on UAW, do they add value in 2024, etc.

Punderwo

Reaction score

Did you make more money in 2023?

Users who are viewing this thread