5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Limited Custom Order Help

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I could wait for sure. I could even delay a full year but the goal was to get it around April so that I could use it most of this summer/fall for projects.

Does anyone happen to know/remember what incentives were available for the 2022 Limiteds during truck month last year? Trying to judge if a 2-3 month delay would be worth it.
You can take the incentives you lock in, or if it's better during the month of pickup you can take those instead.
I wouldn't except good incentives and getting an extra $500 (.6%)off a 80k truck really shouldn't make or break you getting what you want and when if you want\need it now.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered last March & think I only got $1000-1500 in incentives on my Limited.

bronco44

Reaction score
You can take the incentives you lock in, or if it's better during the month of pickup you can take those instead.
I wouldn't except good incentives and getting an extra $500 (.6%)off a 80k truck really shouldn't make or break you getting what you want and when if you want\need it now.
Yea that was my thought too. $500 isn't worth waiting a few months for. But if it was going to be closer to $5k, then I'd wait for sure. Seems like I should just order on 1/6 like I originally planned and then I'll get it sooner (hopefully)

bronco44

Reaction score
Ok, probably another silly question with something I'm not fully understanding:

I just spoke with a local dealer and they informed me since I wouldn't be trading in my current car to MD, I'd be "losing" out on ~$1800 in tax savings. This combined with the delivery fee which I'm estimating to be $1700, the trucks will end up costing about the same. Is it true I'd be losing out on that $1800 tax savings? Or is that just the salesman trying to get a sale on someone who clearly doesn't know how things work? lol

Thank you all again for your help with these questions.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, it just means that if you’re trading in your vehicle to the dealer you are getting the new one from, then you get a discount on your sales tax bc of it.

I think though, that you still get those savings when trading into any dealer, but you only have 60 days to take delivery of the new vehicle otherwise, the discount becomes a void.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Every state is different, but I believe most states only allow the tax credit when "trading" in at a dealer. That means swapping vehicles and paying the difference. You can't sell your truck to one dealer, and buy a truck from another dealer - that's not a trade-in. That's just selling a truck and buying a truck around the same time.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ok, probably another silly question with something I'm not fully understanding:

I just spoke with a local dealer and they informed me since I wouldn't be trading in my current car to MD, I'd be "losing" out on ~$1800 in tax savings. This combined with the delivery fee which I'm estimating to be $1700, the trucks will end up costing about the same. Is it true I'd be losing out on that $1800 tax savings? Or is that just the salesman trying to get a sale on someone who clearly doesn't know how things work? lol

Thank you all again for your help with these questions.
Depending on what state you live in when you trade in your vehicle you deduct the price of the vehicle and are not taxed on it
For example

Sales tax in MA is .625%
Truck costs $50k
Trade in truck is 10k
Purchase price would be 50k+tax=53,125-10k down payment (truck trade in) total paid is $43,125
If you trade in truck to the selling dealer on sales paperwork it would be 50k-10k=40k+tax=$42,500
It would be a difference of $625 in the above case.

Delivery fee $1700 is really high but it would depend on where you are.

The difference in price of local (250 mile radius) vs MD for me was $14k so it was an easy choice.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
In other words if you are getting rid of the truck just do it at the dealer you are buying from and you will get the better discounts in addition to ease of transaction.

I was fortunate at Criswell. They just ran through discounts I never knew existed and sent me on my way. It was easy.

bronco44

Reaction score
I'm in NY, about 1370 miles from MD and they told me $1.25/mile when I talked to them last week.

So based on all of these replies (thank you all again), in my case it makes more sense to just go with local. The truck ends up being roughly the same price and it removes the headache of having to find a different buyer for my current vehicle.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm in NY, about 1370 miles from MD and they told me $1.25/mile when I talked to them last week.

So based on all of these replies (thank you all again), in my case it makes more sense to just go with local. The truck ends up being roughly the same price and it removes the headache of having to find a different buyer for my current vehicle.
If the numbers work go for it.
I had great luck with Carmax selling mine, but there are a bunch of services that you can send your trucks info pictures and milage and get a quote. Lots will even beat Carmax quotes.
I got 38k for my 18 Silverado LT Z71 with 45k miles on it.

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
I personally like lighter interiors, especially with the Patriot Blue exterior. I don't think I realized the leather was broken up either on the sea salt interior though so that does make me a bit nervous.

After doing a bit more research, does Ram even offer decent incentives on the Limited trim? The only incentive I see currently for the 2022 Limited is no payments for 90 days. Any of the better incentives are for the lower trim levels.
If you haven't sat in the Sea Salt, I would go do that. It was a deal breaker for me. The fabric feels like old school cloth and looks out of place in a high end vehicle. Some like it, but I did not. It is NOT like the light interior in the 2500/3500.

bronco44

Reaction score
If you haven't sat in the Sea Salt, I would go do that. It was a deal breaker for me. The fabric feels like old school cloth and looks out of place in a high end vehicle. Some like it, but I did not. It is NOT like the light interior in the 2500/3500.
It looks like if I get the Elite Package, I am locked into the Sea Salt. Changing it to the leather-trimmed auto removes the Elite Package. When I go to the dealer to order, I will try to sit in one of each see which I like. Maybe the dealer has an option to override the seat selection?

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
It looks like if I get the Elite Package, I am locked into the Sea Salt. Changing it to the leather-trimmed auto removes the Elite Package. When I go to the dealer to order, I will try to sit in one of each see which I like. Maybe the dealer has an option to override the seat selection?
Probably not. The Elite trim is the exact same as the 25th Anniversary Edition from 2022. You get the Sea Salt interior, multifunction tailgate, jeweled shifter, and the center cluster says "Limited" instead of "Ram". No other differences that I see. All aesthetics except the tailgate which you can get added on.

Make sure you want the tailgate because it reduces payload by 60 lbs. It's a heavy monster.

Now that I have the black, I really like it. I normally don't like black interiors, but this has enough grey to win me over.

bronco44

Reaction score
Probably not. The Elite trim is the exact same as the 25th Anniversary Edition from 2022. You get the Sea Salt interior, multifunction tailgate, jeweled shifter, and the center cluster says "Limited" instead of "Ram". No other differences that I see. All aesthetics except the tailgate which you can get added on.

Make sure you want the tailgate because it reduces payload by 60 lbs. It's a heavy monster.
The Elite trim also includes the Bed Utility Group and I thought should include the Harman Kardon system although none of the pricing reflects that. I need to confirm that with a dealer.

I planned on adding the tailgate so thought the Elite trim was worth the price since adding the tailgate and Bed Utility is already $1640. An extra $500 for the other features seems worth it, especially if it does include Harman Kardon and the Heated/Ventilated seats like it claims.

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
The Elite trim also includes the Bed Utility Group and I thought should include the Harman Kardon system although none of the pricing reflects that. I need to confirm that with a dealer.

I planned on adding the tailgate so thought the Elite trim was worth the price since adding the tailgate and Bed Utility is already $1640. An extra $500 for the other features seems worth it, especially if it does include Harman Kardon and the Heated/Ventilated seats like it claims.
The HK system is part of the Level 1 group.

The Elite is really nothing more than the tail gate and aesthetics if you already add the Level 1 group and the Night Edition package. If you don't want the night package, then you just need to add body color bumpers and wheels (but I would save that and do aftermarket rims).

I think the night edition is the sharpest looking package for the Ram. Much nicer than the Elite package.

Don't forget the 33 gallon fuel tank!

bronco44

Reaction score
Managed to get a dealer in NY to agree to $72k flat for my build (minus the tonneau cover), even got it in writing. Going to the dealer on Saturday to place the order and get my trade-in appraised. Hoping they don't try to get that money by some other means 🤞

bronco44

Reaction score
Well, I should have trusted my gut. The dealer tried to under value my trade-in by almost $6k. Even after I pulled out a paper showing I had another dealer appraise my car for a much higher price 3 days ago. Oh well, I have another dealer lined up for Monday who offered me a price of $72,500. Maybe they'll actually give me a fair and accurate trade-in price.

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
Well, I should have trusted my gut. The dealer tried to under value my trade-in by almost $6k. Even after I pulled out a paper showing I had another dealer appraise my car for a much higher price 3 days ago. Oh well, I have another dealer lined up for Monday who offered me a price of $72,500. Maybe they'll actually give me a fair and accurate trade-in price.
Have you gotten a KBB cash offer? Sometimes that's a pretty strong trade in price and a good negotiating tool.

Really sounds like the dealer was just trying to make a buck, or they wouldn't have let you walk out.

bronco44

Reaction score
Have you gotten a KBB cash offer? Sometimes that's a pretty strong trade in price and a good negotiating tool.

Really sounds like the dealer was just trying to make a buck, or they wouldn't have let you walk out.
I got a cash offer through carmax and carvana, both were around $21k. The appraisal from the dealer 3 days ago was $21,500 and told me I could probably get $22k if I really pushed. Dealer today told me cars value was $19k and estimated by the time my truck came in, it would be worth $16k.

bronco44

Reaction score
Also, the dealer told me not to expect my truck for 8-10 months if I did order. There's no way that's right, is there? Based on posts I've seen here, I was expecting closer to ~4 months.

Users who are viewing this thread