5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram Uconnect 5 Issue

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Anyone have issues with their 2022 Ram 1500 build yet with Uconnect 5 constantly deleting channel Presets??? Ugh… Or any possible fixes discovered yet???
do you have the current update?

Jtbarrett88

Reaction score
do you have the current update?

How do I tell if it’s current???
I’ve attached shot of my screen

I also have an 8.4 screen without NAV….. Not a 12”

Attachments

• 4E93C589-75D9-42B5-9158-999B61B0A12C.jpeg
    4E93C589-75D9-42B5-9158-999B61B0A12C.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you resaving your seat preset after setting the presets?

Jtbarrett88

Reaction score
Are you resaving your seat preset after setting the presets?

No, I set everything in my profile the way I wanted it, seat memory included, and then my radio pre sets… It’s the radio pre sets that keep disappearing Set them last night, and then this morning they were fine, drove to town, then half of the radio pre sets disappeared

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, I set everything in my profile the way I wanted it, seat memory included, and then my radio pre sets… It’s the radio pre sets that keep disappearing Set them last night, and then this morning they were fine, drove to town, then half of the radio pre sets disappeared
The radio presets are tied to the seat memory, so once you set the radio, resave the set memory.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same issue with mine. I didn't see any seat memory buttons on the door. I have a Big horn.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does UConnect 5 have a listener profile setup, similar to the UConnect 4 units? Many UConnect 4 units would do that (especially the 12" ones) until a "listener profile" was created under the SiriusXM settings.

Jtbarrett88

Reaction score
Does UConnect 5 have a listener profile setup, similar to the UConnect 4 units? Many UConnect 4 units would do that (especially the 12" ones) until a "listener profile" was created under the SiriusXM settings.
No they do not

Jtbarrett88

Reaction score
The radio presets are tied to the seat memory, so once you set the radio, resave the set memory.
I gave this a try today…. Will report back with my findings in a few days Fingers crossed!

Reaction score
I don't have memory seats and I am having this same problem, presets won't save, constantly says i need to subscribe to XM, and today i had a screen but no audio. Very frustrating to buy a new vehicle and have these kind of issues. @RamCares any time frame for an update?

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't have memory seats and I am having this same problem, presets won't save, constantly says i need to subscribe to XM, and today i had a screen but no audio. Very frustrating to buy a new vehicle and have these kind of issues. @RamCares any time frame for an update?
Expect an update sometime in the 1ST quater, had a radio screen and xm concern yesterday. Star agent states engineering is aware and working on it.

NCBACKCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Here's the email I received today:

Good Afternoon,

I was just following up with you to inform you that we should have the issue resolved soon I apologize for the inconvenience. We at Jeep are working hard to resolve the issue if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us by phone or by simply responding to this email. Have a wonderful day and thanks for being apart of the Jeep Family.

- Jeep Connect

This is in reference to my 2022 1500 with 8.4 NAV radio

Reaction score
Resolved soon. Ha, how long is that? Soon is the answer you give your kids, when they ask if it's time to go home from the bar! Lol.

But really, soon can't come soon enough for me.

HULKSMASHES

Reaction score
Is there a list of what apps should be on the screen? I know I had a fuel economy app but now it’s gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

telco

Reaction score
Anyone have issues with their 2022 Ram 1500 build yet with Uconnect 5 constantly deleting channel Presets??? Ugh… Or any possible fixes discovered yet???

Did you find a solution to this? I have had a 2022 Big Horn with no seat memory about a month and I get the same issue. I save the presets on the radio both XM and FM and after a few days I lose half of them then all of them. And occasionally I get back in the car and its on the XM subscription station as if I Don' have an account. It says my software is up to date.
@RamCares

rwo978

Reaction score
I have a 22 BH Lvl2, no memory seats. This happens to me about once a week and is super annoying. My backup camera also occasionally doesn’t come on, just a blank screen.

I checked the update website above and it says it’s up to date.

Is there a place to email about these issues? I checked the remote phone app, but that just has calling people and I don’t want to sit on hold for an hour.

Users who are viewing this thread