5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 RAM 1500

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Poking around the threads and came up on this one. So when will the 2022 Ram production will start? Places just say early fall, but can anyone confirm dates?

Thinking about pulling the trigger on selling my Laramie for a great price, and ordering a 2022 big horn (yes it’s a step down, but I’m not the biggest fan of leather seats, especially in the summer). I’m hoping to get into a big horn but with some goodies that I’m lacking like sunroof/ram box. Thx

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
How long can you wait for a new truck? Be prepared to get a good value for your Laramie (I made a $9,000 profit on mine, 2 years and 14,000+ miles later), but also be prepared to not to get a great deal on the 2022.

I can only speculate, but I expect truck supplies to remain scarce—and this prices high—well into the fall, perhaps into the winter. I’ve even seen predictions of this continuing into calendar year 2022.

Now if you’re able to lock in a good deal on an order, then selling may turn out to be the right thing. That’s what I did: I ordered in April, sold in June, and should be picking up my truck in the next few weeks. But the market has changed a lot side since April. What happens next is anyone’s guess.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How long can you wait for a new truck? Be prepared to get a good value for your Laramie (I made a $9,000 profit on mine, 2 years and 14,000+ miles later), but also be prepared to not to get a great deal on the 2022.

I can only speculate, but I expect truck supplies to remain scarce—and this prices high—well into the fall, perhaps into the winter. I’ve even seen predictions of this continuing into calendar year 2022.

Now if you’re able to lock in a good deal on an order, then selling may turn out to be the right thing. That’s what I did: I ordered in April, sold in June, and should be picking up my truck in the next few weeks. But the market has changed a lot side since April. What happens next is anyone’s guess.
Well, as you can see with my signature, I can get away with driving the charger (I will never sell that one) but im ok with ordering something and waiting until early fall. I hope I can order something as soon as I sell my truck.

For me, I want to order a truck, because you can never find a rambox and pay out the @ss for it.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Poking around the threads and came up on this one. So when will the 2022 Ram production will start? Places just say early fall, but can anyone confirm dates?

Thinking about pulling the trigger on selling my Laramie for a great price, and ordering a 2022 big horn (yes it’s a step down, but I’m not the biggest fan of leather seats, especially in the summer). I’m hoping to get into a big horn but with some goodies that I’m lacking like sunroof/ram box. Thx

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

According to this site, 2022 production begins 7/26/2021.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score

My Enterprise fleet rep told me the start date for 2022 1500 builds is 7/26/21. From there I assume it just depends on where you are in the queue and what options you have etc.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Enterprise fleet rep told me the start date for 2022 1500 builds is 7/26/21. From there I assume it just depends on where you are in the queue and what options you have etc.
Sounds about right. Previous post has ordering date is next week, and builds start in July.

Good information folks. Thanks.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

brewdad

Reaction score
One thing I would like to see made available on the 2022 Ram is the night vision camera with animal/pedestrian detection like on the new Grand Cherokee and Grand Wagoneer.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would love to see the rear seat HVAC vents get independent fan speed control

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would love to see the rear seat HVAC vents get independent fan speed control

That would be awesome sauce, but I doubt it will happen. Only time I've seen separate fan speed/temperature controls for rear seats is in 3 row SUVs. Maybe I just have not sat in the right ones though.

Unless I missed it, Rams are still the only trucks with available ventilated rear seats. F-150 didn't do that in their newest refresh, I have not read one way or another yet on the upcoming GMC/Chevy refresh.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That would be awesome sauce, but I doubt it will happen. Only time I've seen separate fan speed/temperature controls for rear seats is in 3 row SUVs. Maybe I just have not sat in the right ones though.

Unless I missed it, Rams are still the only trucks with available ventilated rear seats. F-150 didn't do that in their newest refresh, I have not read one way or another yet on the upcoming GMC/Chevy refresh.

Yes I have the ventilated rear seats, but they don’t help the kids in car seats.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I'm almost certain that my wife's Volvo XC60 has fan speed control on the back seats. I'm not in the back seat much at all, but there is a control panel behind the front arm rest.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm almost certain that my wife's Volvo XC60 has fan speed control on the back seats. I'm not in the back seat much at all, but there is a control panel behind the front arm rest.
pretty sure most passenger vans have the option - certainly Pacifica and Caravan had rear fan speed controls.

mophead

Reaction score
The "coolest" feature would be an oscillating center vent. My wife's 83 Mazda GLC had that way back when. Haven't seen it in another car yet. It was fantastic on a hot day with the a/c on high. It really was a great little car.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered my 2022 Rebel on May 19 (the 2021 orders had already closed). I have a VIN number already, but no information on production - except for the rumor of a 7/26/21 start date on production. The only new change that my dealer could see was the addition of the G/T package. Other than that, it looks like the same truck as 2021.

Yoodie

Reaction score
🤞. I actually dont mind and get that they stick to a core of colors that don’t change much but I like to see the new ones too. I like that UC5 is coming and am curious to see what else changes.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
with possibly some new exterior colors ...
What colors are you hearing? Going to try and place an order for a 2022 on Saturday, if I can.

Users who are viewing this thread