5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

20GladRubicon

Reaction score
Got the first update today from my case that was “escalated “ 30 days ago to say there is no update to the build status at this point. Still in D status. 🤣😂🤮

MNMEAD

Reaction score
I've officially pulled the plug. I'm only 8 weeks in as of today, but with no movement, I started shopping around. I found a truck with a 209xxx vin that is in transit that is my identical truck just with a different color plus 3.92 gearing and the trailer brake controller. Should be to MN within a couple weeks if all goes smoothly. Only took my about 15 minutes of searching 5 relatively local dealers to score this one. Just need to cancel my order and I'll be home free. Hoping the world gets sorted soon otherwise we may be in for a lot of hurt in the coming months and years.

Hibbard17

Reaction score
So my truck has all the parts, it is just waiting to start production. In your guys experience how long will it take to start production and once is starts how long does the entire assembly line take?
How soon after is it shipped?

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
It’s on my 22 big Horn as well, not sure if it’s part of the tech group or the trailer group. On the sticker Tech mentions LED third tail light. So it may be part of that package.
the tech group probably talks about the cargo lights that are now in LED

Can someone confirm that the LED tailgate handle comes standard or only with a trailer tow package?

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Can someone confirm that the LED tailgate handle comes standard or only with a trailer tow package?
Looks like the HD Rams have it, not sure about ours.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

It is standard on all 2022 DT and HD Rams.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
It is standard on all 2022 DT and HD Rams.
that's good. So even without Technology group or towing group.

I am a bit amazed that no more people highlight this option, they are talking about the chrome pedals and black chrome but not this...

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
what's it listed as? don't see it on my build sheet

I poked around on a few build sheets that I know have it, and I don't see it listed. So I guess it's just "included" and not itemized.
Same here. Few build sheets known to have it, and not listed.
Looking at the 2022 parts catalog, there are no such tailgate handle part numbers that do not have the provisional hole for the handle lamp.

Hasti17

Reaction score
Same here. Few build sheets known to have it, and not listed.
Looking at the 2022 parts catalog, there are no such tailgate handle part numbers that do not have the provisional hole for the handle lamp.
Well that i appreciate. didn't know it was a new standard feature

MrMcGibblets

Reaction score
So now confirmed that I won't be getting the power folding mirrors with my Rebel build. Anyone know the right part numbers for the 6 x 9-inch, powered, power-folding, heated, auto-dimming, convex wide-angle insert; includes exterior courtesy lamps and supplemental turn signal, BSM and memory? Having a hard time figuring out which ones fit with all those options.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So now confirmed that I won't be getting the power folding mirrors with my Rebel build. Anyone know the right part numbers for the 6 x 9-inch, powered, power-folding, heated, auto-dimming, convex wide-angle insert; includes exterior courtesy lamps and supplemental turn signal, BSM and memory? Having a hard time figuring out which ones fit with all those options.
So the factory converted yours from Rebel Level 2 to Rebel Level B? Without saying anything?

4jlcc

Reaction score
And your VIN is lower than others who did not get changed to Level B. All because RAM chose to build their trucks first. Ram knew the trucks that were ordered first and that were optioned to receive power folding mirrors, yet still choose to not hold back the proper number of power folding mirrors, modules, and switches to fulfill those orders all based on their "system" of building trucks out of order. Same thing happened to me on my first build. You get changed from Level 2 to Level B without your consent and they reduce the cost of the package by $70. What a cluster!

deanno33

Reaction score

Man that stinks and I would be a little ticked. What status were you in when they made the change? If D, then I don't understand why they wouldn't just leave it alone until parts came in (or notify you of the change so you can make the decision). If D1...I kinda feel like they no longer have the right to change anything without consent.

MrMcGibblets

Reaction score
So the factory converted yours from Rebel Level 2 to Rebel Level B? Without saying anything?
Correct, when I got my build sheet it said Level B. I immediately contacted Sandi at MD and she looked into it and called me saying they will try and fix it. She gave me options to redo the build and it would be "prioritized" but with all the increases in price. So I figured I could add them myself less than the cost of reordering.

MrMcGibblets

Reaction score
Man that stinks and I would be a little ticked. What status were you in when they made the change? If D, then I don't understand why they wouldn't just leave it alone until parts came in (or notify you of the change so you can make the decision). If D1...I kinda feel like they no longer have the right to change anything without consent.
I only found out that it switched when I received a build sheet. No one from SHAP informed the dealership.

deanno33

Reaction score
I only found out that it switched when I received a build sheet. No one from SHAP informed the dealership.

This makes me want to ask my dealer for a new POC daily (just to monitor) until the truck goes into production...which I'm hoping is this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread