5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
What you are describing (I believe) is the fog lights turning on at low speeds when turning/using turn signal. If you turn on the fog lights that will stop as they will both just stay on full time, or if you turn the high beams on (fog lights turn off) they will resume that behavior of turning on at low speeds/with turn signals.

The adaptive part that is only on longhorns/limiteds actually make the low or high beams swivel with the steering wheel regardless of speed or turn signal being on. I love mine in the my longhorn, what a difference really good headlights make. Nice to be able to see a little extra around bends when on the back roads.

I don't get the point why the fog lights would turn off when the high beams go on...it is not the case with other cars/brands. Luckily you can adjust this feature with a Tazer DT so that both fog and high beams are on at the same time.

v65

Reaction score
Cara lied to me. I've still heard nothing back.
Did you get the cut and paste email from Cara as well? 27 days in JB status and all I received was a canned response. Nothing from my dealer.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't get the point why the fog lights would turn off when the high beams go on...it is not the case with other cars/brands. Luckily you can adjust this feature with a Tazer DT so that both fog and high beams are on at the same time.

It bothers me too, but here in the U.S. it's a legal thing. We aren't allowed to have more than 4 forward facing lights on at any given time, hence the reason for the fog lights to shut off when the high beams are turned on. Makes me wonder about this particular fog light feature though in terms of that law, as then you'd have 5 lights technically on at some points while driving.

Either way though, I've used alfaobd in the past to work around that to have the lows/highs/fogs be able to stay on at the same time. I haven't done anything like that yet to this new truck yet but I should.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
It bothers me too, but here in the U.S. it's a legal thing. We aren't allowed to have more than 4 forward facing lights on at any given time, hence the reason for the fog lights to shut off when the high beams are turned on. Makes me wonder about this particular fog light feature though in terms of that law, as then you'd have 5 lights technically on at some points while driving.

Either way though, I've used alfaobd in the past to work around that to have the lows/highs/fogs be able to stay on at the same time. I haven't done anything like that yet to this new truck yet but I should.

When I will have my truck, I will also order the Tazer DT. Or maybe AlfaOBD for all those things to get rid of.
For now I checked youtube and the Tazer DT topics here but nothing yet about issues or updates of people tweaking their 2022 MY. But I assume that all things possible on a 2021 can be done on a 2022, only big change will be Uconnect 5 that can give an issue with the Tazer or AlfaOBD tool.

BNeal

Reaction score
Well, my first order arrived yesterday. A Longhorn I ordered back in early May. Since then, I ordered the 10th Anniversary Limited, with the sea salt indigo interior. Both are pretty much optioned the same otherwise. I had a very hard time saying no to this gorgeous vehicle. I hope I made the right decision to wait and get the 10th in a few more months. The interior was fantastic, but I thought it was a bit dark with the black headliner, etc. -and the 10th with brighter colors but still a subdued interior.
I said to my wife, it's like dating two women, a blonde and a brunette. I have never actually seen them in person, just photos, but they both look great and seem nice. Friends say they are both great ladies. Should I go with the first one I date? She is so nice, but is the other--- the ONE?
Nice looking truck. Are those rims new for '22?

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
Checked in with Sandi @ MD this week. They're working with Stellantis regarding sold orders that have been changed without approval. A Rebel that was ordered 5 days after my order has been changed from Level 2 to Level B. As of yesterday morning my order is unchanged. Both Rebel Level 2 and Rebel 12A are on my POC.

She said only one of their sold orders has been received. Maybe that was RDSnj2021? I thought I had seen more from MD. Maybe she was just talking about Rebels.

She advised I check back with her next month :-/

View attachment 110574

rtpassini

Reaction score
i dont know of any other ones that actually do stay on...

rrutkf80

Reaction score
My salesperson and I worked together at Cabelas for ten years, it was my retirement stay busy job. I told her someone at FCA sure as hell ought to be know when my Rebel is scheduled to be built. I told her to get the guy in the dealership to turn the screws on their factory rep and find out something definitive.
The FCA REP said it should be built the week of 6 Dec THIS YEAR!! The week I turn 81 and I still have a few cronies still alive to show it off to 🤣
Hell I my even be able to haul my RV Trailer, ATV, and generator home, with my Rebel, from deer camp in Jan when archery season is over

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As I recall, The standard 20 inch rims for the Longhorn.
they are nice. I think better than the standard 20 inch limited rims.

Yep those are the same standard longhorn rims as previous years, which I actually really like as well. All of my trucks have had aftermarket rims but I'm happy leaving these alone.

IMG_6155.jpg

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My salesperson and I worked together at Cabelas for ten years, it was my retirement stay busy job. I told her someone at FCA sure as hell ought to be know when my Rebel is scheduled to be built. I told her to get the guy in the dealership to turn the screws on their factory rep and find out something definitive.
The FCA REP said it should be built the week of 6 Dec THIS YEAR!! The week I turn 81 and I still have a few cronies still alive to show it off to 🤣
Hell I my even be able to haul my RV Trailer, ATV, and generator home, with my Rebel, from deer camp in Jan when archery season is over
That is crazy for a May order. If that's true it ridiculous that mine isn't even up for to be built before the new year.

Husker4theSpurs

Reaction score
I put my order in in the middle of August and was hoping for it to show by the end of the year. Now I'm thinking it might not be until March to June of next year and that has me thinking ... I should've just waited an ordered a refreshed Ram for the 2023 model year. The longer this drags on the more I think I'll wish I would've just kept waiting until then. I guess I could turn around and sell the truck and order another one, but man ...

I'm not in a hurry and I'm not mad about the situation ... it is what it is ... but the longer this drags on the more I'll wish I waited for the 2023.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I put my order in in the middle of August and was hoping for it to show by the end of the year. Now I'm thinking it might not be until March to June of next year and that has me thinking ... I should've just waited an ordered a refreshed Ram for the 2023 model year. The longer this drags on the more I think I'll wish I would've just kept waiting until then. I guess I could turn around and sell the truck and order another one, but man ...

I'm not in a hurry and I'm not mad about the situation ... it is what it is ... but the longer this drags on the more I'll wish I waited for the 2023.
waiting for 2023 is a crap shoot as model year changes are supposed to happen in 2023

and everyone know the first year of any changes to a model has issues.

just look at all the complaints for the 2019 model year

Users who are viewing this thread