5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
3-4 months seems a little low. I will hit exactly 4 months tomorrow and I still don't even have an expected build date. With the other amount of orders submitted I would plan for 6+ months and hope it gets here sooner.

Edit: Went and looked up when he initially ordered and it was almost exactly 5 months ago. (May 24th) I stand by my 6+ months to delivery for orders placed now.
I ordered a little over four months ago. BUT it’s a little disingenuous of me to say I’ve been waiting four months when I knew when I ordered they would not start production until late august early september. Turned out it was mid Seotember, roughly 5 weeks ago. If I receive my truck 5 weeks from now that will be 2 1/2 months from production start. I’ll take that based on when production started, my eyes were wide open when I ordered!

Having said all that, I’m still pissed that I’m in the 112 group and trucks with MUCH higher VIN’s are being built!!

shepboyrd

Reaction score
I thought I saw someone on here had figured the cost to convert to power folding mirrors. Anyone remember where that was or know the price?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
What would you guys do. Dealership ssid they will repair truck or I could get another one ordered. I actually missed a couple of options I wanted so may be a chance to revise. He said he could plea with Chrysler to put me in front of line but we know how thst works. My biggest issue is it could get reported to carfax. He won’t do but others involved could.
order another truck.
this one will never be the same as new
you will always know it was wrecked

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I thought I saw someone on here had figured the cost to convert to power folding mirrors. Anyone remember where that was or know the price?

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
I ordered a little over four months ago. BUT it’s a little disingenuous of me to say I’ve been waiting four months when I knew when I ordered they would not start production until late august early september. Turned out it was mid Seotember, roughly 5 weeks ago. If I receive my truck 5 weeks from now that will be 2 1/2 months from production start. I’ll take that based on when production started, my eyes were wide open when I ordered!

Having said all that, I’m still pissed that I’m in the 112 group and trucks with MUCH higher VIN’s are being built!!
I understand your use of only counting from production date. I also understood production has not started yet when I ordered mine, but that doesn't mean I haven't been waiting since I placed my order.

They took about 75k pre-orders before any production started and have added about 35K since then. If we use the 6k trucks a week and 110k orders placed total math, that is a little over 18 weeks to clear that backlog from start of production. We are about 4 weeks into production. Shipping estimates have been 3-4 weeks. That puts you at about 17-18 weeks to delivery or about 4-5 months if you order right now, if they can keep up with the build and don't skip over numbers placed now for higher numbers. But we all know they have been doing a lot of (Eighty saw a 200000 VIN just in the last few days). Given how many orders have been taking since production began they are not able to build them as fast as they get orders. Granted that number will taper off as the model year goes on, but we are at about 8.75k new VIN's a week since production started.

That being said, I agree with the order another truck. I would just be prepared for another long wait. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best is my motto.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score

Back when the said the affiliate pricing was going away I almost jumped on a close spec'ed 2021 Laramie with no tow mirrors. I forget the quote I got because it was a call and not written, but they said the mirrors were on back order and he didn't know when they would be able to get a set in.

thenachobro

Reaction score

Try to be patient. Even my previously ordered (2021 model year) Ram didn't make it here till 3 weeks prior to my 2022. It took 5 months from the day I ordered it for it to arrive.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
What would you guys do. Dealership ssid they will repair truck or I could get another one ordered. I actually missed a couple of options I wanted so may be a chance to revise. He said he could plea with Chrysler to put me in front of line but we know how thst works. My biggest issue is it could get reported to carfax. He won’t do but others involved could.
Reserve a 2022 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate.

But, seriously, reorder. As you recognize, he says he won't report to Carfax, but he's a sales guy and not in the shop. As I understand it, any sort of body work is required to be reported, regardless of the reason. So, in order for the work on the truck you ordered not to be reported, somebody would have to be willing to break the law. I wouldn't count on that. Plus, at the end of the day, you ordered because you wanted what you wanted, and I'm sure what you wanted wasn't a second-hand truck with 0 miles on it; you wanted a brand new truck without reconditioning and refurbishing.

But, really, order the Denali Ultimate. 🤣

thenachobro

Reaction score
Wow, I never thought when I made this thread that it would blow up to be over 270 Pages worth of replies. I have watched as we all went through emotional highs and lows as production was stopped and started, people conjectured and theorized, other people were getting vehicles before us and we searched high and low for new information. If you don't know already I received my vehicle exactly 5 months to the day I ordered it. There have been a few issues with the new Uconnect system but after a hard reset things seem to be going a bit smoother. But otherwise I absolutely love this vehicle. If anybody has any questions on it please let me know and I will try my best to get you the answers you are looking for. I will provide updates roughly once a week to every two weeks until I believe most of us have received our new trucks. once again I would like to thank @Eighty and @TripleB for all the info they gathered and put out. Even my dealership was impressed with the amount of information I was able to get from this forum.

Attachments

• 20211025_142104.jpg
    20211025_142104.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 20211025_142126.jpg
    20211025_142126.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 69

thenachobro

Reaction score
Reserve a 2022 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate.

But, seriously, reorder. As you recognize, he says he won't report to Carfax, but he's a sales guy and not in the shop. As I understand it, any sort of body work is required to be reported, regardless of the reason. So, in order for the work on the truck you ordered not to be reported, somebody would have to be willing to break the law. I wouldn't count on that. Plus, at the end of the day, you ordered because you wanted what you wanted, and I'm sure what you wanted wasn't a second-hand truck with 0 miles on it; you wanted a brand new truck without reconditioning and refurbishing.

But, really, order the Denali Ultimate. 🤣
I know you're joking but the new GMC Sierra Denali and the AT4X look pretty decent. Now how the completely new electronic system within the vehicle works remains to be seen. But at the end of the day, I didn't want to wait till only God knows when for ordering to start and then production and so on and so forth. Overall extremely happy with the Ram and have NO regrets.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Try to be patient. Even my previously ordered (2021 model year) Ram didn't make it here till 3 weeks prior to my 2022. It took 5 months from the day I ordered it for it to arrive.
Oh I’m being patient. That was sort of the point of my post. I’m not considering the time since order and delivery but rather production start to delivery. Not Stellantis’s fault I ordered early (I do question their production sequence but who made me an expert in manf processes). Mine should be starting down the line 10/28 (roughly 5 weeks since production). If it is delivered in another 5 (and I know that’s optimistic but it keeps me sane) that would be 10 weeks. Acceptable!

Calileta

Reaction score
Wow, I never thought when I made this thread that it would blow up to be over 270 Pages worth of replies. I have watched as we all went through emotional highs and lows as production was stopped and started, people conjectured and theorized, other people were getting vehicles before us and we searched high and low for new information. If you don't know already I received my vehicle exactly 5 months to the day I ordered it. There have been a few issues with the new Uconnect system but after a hard reset things seem to be going a bit smoother. But otherwise I absolutely love this vehicle. If anybody has any questions on it please let me know and I will try my best to get you the answers you are looking for. I will provide updates roughly once a week to every two weeks until I believe most of us have received our new trucks. once again I would like to thank @Eighty and @TripleB for all the info they gathered and put out. Even my dealership was impressed with the amount of information I was able to get from this forum.
VERY nice!

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New York actually Hates new yorkers, but they love our money, we pay full county tax, no special conditions.

Well yes, but when you trade in it's only on the difference between trade in and the new vehicle, not for the full amount of the new vehicle. There's a lot of things I don't enjoy about NY either but that's one thing they do at least. I sold my truck privately when I ordered my last truck and paid the full tax on the new one, but I sold my truck for way more privately than my trade in value and it more than covered the additional taxes from not getting the trade in sales tax credit.

Otherwise under more normal market conditions I always trade in to get the sales tax credit and save some hassle.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
D1 - D1 - D1
Go figure. I stop in for an oil change on the 19’ and to kill time go see the sales manager. Truck is finally in D1 with a ship date of November 6th.

8 months from order date I guess isn’t so bad to wait 🤣
You might want to clarify what he means by “ship date”. My dealer says that really means when the truck heads down the line. Just the beginning, a lot of steps to go.

PCHokie

Reaction score
I know you're joking but the new GMC Sierra Denali and the AT4X look pretty decent. Now how the completely new electronic system within the vehicle works remains to be seen. But at the end of the day, I didn't want to wait till only God knows when for ordering to start and then production and so on and so forth. Overall extremely happy with the Ram and have NO regrets.
I'm not sure he is. Since I would have to start all over again to get the Ram exactly how I should have done it in the first place, I might as well wait a little longer and get a truck with Super Cruise. I love what they did in the interior and always preferred the Denali exterior. I'm coming from a 19 Sierra Denali and have never owned a Ram, so not a huge change for me.

I also got an email from Ram Info Center today, looks like the one I did order will be arriving to dealer in next 2-3 weeks. I may still buy it, I reached out to Vroom to see what they would pay me for it.

1635201989558.png
1635202234864.png

rrutkf80

Reaction score
I understand your use of only counting from production date. I also understood production has not started yet when I ordered mine, but that doesn't mean I haven't been waiting since I placed my order.

They took about 75k pre-orders before any production started and have added about 35K since then. If we use the 6k trucks a week and 110k orders placed total math, that is a little over 18 weeks to clear that backlog from start of production. We are about 4 weeks into production. Shipping estimates have been 3-4 weeks. That puts you at about 17-18 weeks to delivery or about 4-5 months if you order right now, if they can keep up with the build and don't skip over numbers placed now for higher numbers. But we all know they have been doing a lot of (Eighty saw a 200000 VIN just in the last few days). Given how many orders have been taking since production began they are not able to build them as fast as they get orders. Granted that number will taper off as the model year goes on, but we are at about 8.75k new VIN's a week since production started.

That being said, I agree with the order another truck. I would just be prepared for another long wait. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best is my motto.
One hundred thousand orders and mine was the 517th in the stack. First In Last Out. Sucks to be buried at the bottom of the pile. Some twit will blame it on COVID.
Realistically all the pissing and moaning won’t get it delivered any faster

Users who are viewing this thread