5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
I'm not sure he is. Since I would have to start all over again to get the Ram exactly how I should have done it in the first place, I might as well wait a little longer and get a truck with Super Cruise. I love what they did in the interior and always preferred the Denali exterior. I'm coming from a 19 Sierra Denali and have never owned a Ram, so not a huge change for me.

I also got an email from Ram Info Center today, looks like the one I did order will be arriving to dealer in next 2-3 weeks. I may still buy it, I reached out to Vroom to see what they would pay me for it.

View attachment 109129
View attachment 109131
As usual, @PCHokie is correct. I’ve reserved myself a 2022 Sierra Denali Ultimate and couldn’t be happier… massage seats, a more powerful and capable engine, and self-driving capabilities. I’m still interested to see if/when my Ram will be built, and I may still buy it just to resell it, but I won’t keep it. This entire experience has soured me on Ram, if for no other reason than I abhor self-inflicted wounds, and Stellantis seem destined to run the brand into the ground with the way it is handling the 2022 rollout.

@RamCares

Last edited:

n00ber

Reaction score
As usual, @PCHokie is correct. I’ve reserved myself a 2022 Sierra Denali Ultimate and couldn’t be happier… massage seats, a more powerful and capable engine, and self-driving capabilities. I’m still interested to see if/when my Ram will be built, and I may still buy it just to resell it, but I won’t keep it. This entire experience has soured me on Ram, if for no other reason than I abhor self-inflicted wounds, and Stellantis seem destined to run the brand into the ground with the way it is handling the 2022 rollout.
you forgot to tag ramcares

Mathis35

Reaction score
Not sure if there is any coincidence, but I went D1 a week after I got that email. So...maybe there is a correlation?
Idk, I got this same email that says "At this present time, all of the materials that are necessary to build your vehicle are being received and the build process should begin very soon." on October 4 and I still sit in D.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Idk, I got this same email that says "At this present time, all of the materials that are necessary to build your vehicle are being received and the build process should begin very soon." on October 4 and I still sit in D.
Could also be your order date vs a lot of other's.

Itsslow98

Reaction score

@RamCares
6.2l capable of towing 9,000lbs is a deal breaker for me. My v6 2014 ram was only 1,500lbs less than that.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, thats just horrendous for a 6.2 engine

2021 Ram Rebel
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

n00ber

Reaction score
6.2l capable of towing 9,000lbs is a deal breaker for me. My v6 2014 ram was only 1,500lbs less than that.
just looked again the 2.7l turbo is the 9,000lbs
6.2l can do up to 13,000lbs (when properly equipped with 4wd, max trailering, and 20" wheels and tires
but its likely out of my price range for the 6.2l.
the 5.3l can do 11,200lbs but thats less than what ram starts with so that's a no go as well.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
6.2l can do up to 13,000lbs (when properly equipped with 4wd, max trailering, and 20" wheels and tires
the 5.3l can do 11,200lbs but thats less than what ram starts with so that's a no go as well.
But do you actually know anyone comfortable with towing these higher weights with a 1/2 ton truck with all that tongue weight - at least for any longer distance at higher speeds?

Disclaimer, I'm a pansy.

Itsslow98

Reaction score
I saw 9200 for the crew cab 4x4....11,500 was the reg cab 4x2

n00ber

Reaction score
But do you actually know anyone comfortable with towing these higher weights with a 1/2 ton truck with all that tongue weight - at least for any longer distance at higher speeds?

Disclaimer, I'm a pansy.
honestly I have heard to only use up to 80% of towing capacity to be safe.

Disclaimer, this will be my first truck so idk what I'm doing lol.

Hasti17

Reaction score
I'm not seeing those numbers anywhere, are we both talking about the 2022 Sierra 1500?
Yeah as far as I'm aware the max towing figure is actually assigned to the Duramax as they've touted it has the highest towing capacity for a diesel half ton. Not that it matters I think you'll find that the figures will be pretty comparable with rams based on the trim level and the options selected

n00ber

Reaction score
Yeah as far as I'm aware the max towing figure is actually assigned to the Duramax as they've touted it has the highest towing capacity for a diesel half ton. Not that it matters I think you'll find that the figures will be pretty comparable with rams based on the trim level and the options selected
That one is 13,000lbs max towing for double cab ,4wd, max trailering, and 20" wheels and tires.
So I'm still not following where those numbers that were mentioned are coming from

13,200lbs for the 2wd version

rrutkf80

Reaction score
I understand your use of only counting from production date. I also understood production has not started yet when I ordered mine, but that doesn't mean I haven't been waiting since I placed my order.

They took about 75k pre-orders before any production started and have added about 35K since then. If we use the 6k trucks a week and 110k orders placed total math, that is a little over 18 weeks to clear that backlog from start of production. We are about 4 weeks into production. Shipping estimates have been 3-4 weeks. That puts you at about 17-18 weeks to delivery or about 4-5 months if you order right now, if they can keep up with the build and don't skip over numbers placed now for higher numbers. But we all know they have been doing a lot of (Eighty saw a 200000 VIN just in the last few days). Given how many orders have been taking since production began they are not able to build them as fast as they get orders. Granted that number will taper off as the model year goes on, but we are at about 8.75k new VIN's a week since production started.

That being said, I agree with the order another truck. I would just be prepared for another long wait. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best is my motto.
One hundred thousand orders and mine was the 517th in the stack. First In Last Out. Sucks to be buried at the bottom of the pile. Some twit will blame it on COVID.
Realistically all the pissing and moaning won’t get it delivered any faster but you have to vent once a week😬

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
From what I can tell, the Sierra Denali Ultimate with the 6.2L has a max capacity of 13,000lbs, whereas the Ram with the 5.7L e-torque is 12,750lbs, and the regular 5.7L is only 11,610lbs.
1635267029914.png
1635267091933.png
1635267127521.png

n00ber

Reaction score
From what I can tell, the Sierra Denali Ultimate with the 6.2L has a max capacity of 13,000lbs, whereas the Ram with the 5.7L e-torque is 12,750lbs, and the regular 5.7L is only 11,610lbs.
thats what im seeing

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, towing capacity at that level, when it's that close, is kind of pointless to look at. You shouldn't be towing anywhere near that much on anything that resembles a regular basis with a 1500. The power difference is pretty close to negligible. 15 more HP is practically nothing. 50 more foot pounds of torque is something, but not much. 15 more HP PLUS 50ft lbs more torque will be noticeable, but still, again, almost negligible. I personally thought the 10-speed transmission was not as smooth as Ram's 8-speed, but I've heard lot of good things about GMC/Chevy's 10.

SO, all those things together (+15 HP, +50 torque, 10 speed trans) is something I think some people will say makes a noticeable difference, but objectively it's not much of one. The overall capability of all these 1500 level trucks is effectively the same. It's the more nuanced stuff, like how the 6.2 is heavy as hell and wants premium fuel, or that the Hemi tick is a thing, or that Ford is slapping turbo-chargers on everything, and charging more because of it, etc. Depending on what you're towing, payload is a much bigger deal, and that's where Ram definitely falls short; but of course you're trading that payload for the best ride in the class. That's the stuff that should help you decide, I think.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Yeah, towing capacity at that level, when it's that close, is kind of pointless to look at. You shouldn't be towing anywhere near that much on anything that resembles a regular basis with a 1500. The power difference is pretty close to negligible. 15 more HP is practically nothing. 50 more foot pounds of torque is something, but not much. 15 more HP PLUS 50ft lbs more torque will be noticeable, but still, again, almost negligible. I personally thought the 10-speed transmission was not as smooth as Ram's 8-speed, but I've heard lot of good things about GMC/Chevy's 10.

SO, all those things together (+15 HP, +50 torque, 10 speed trans) is something I think some people will say makes a noticeable difference, but objectively it's not much of one. The overall capability of all these 1500 level trucks is effectively the same. It's the more nuanced stuff, like how the 6.2 is heavy as hell and wants premium fuel, or that the Hemi tick is a thing, or that Ford is slapping turbo-chargers on everything, and charging more because of it, etc. Depending on what you're towing, payload is a much bigger deal, and that's where Ram definitely falls short; but of course you're trading that payload for the best ride in the class. That's the stuff that should help you decide, I think.
All I heard was: "Close your eyes and throw a dart at a board and choose Ram it's even, GMC if it's odd, and Ford if you miss the board completely." 🤣

At the end of the day, all these trucks are good, and it really comes down to personal preference and the best fit for your particular use case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online